Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

This band one compensation news is a disaster for our Geelong pick.

We better be demanding a lot more than just their first now.
No it's not. It means we are more likely to take a decent player in the draft with the pick we get as now two of the duds will be taken by the Saints.

Another couple of transactions involving 2 clubs each, which result in every other club in the draft getting punished as a result of said transactions occuring. What a terrific system.

The winners are the 4 clubs who participated and get a player or high draft pick each. The losers are the 14 other clubs who get nothing but a shuffle down the draft board. :thumbsupv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be taught to kids at Schools around the country,

If you can't be good just be tall
Its true. I'm 201cm and my son is tracking to be considerably taller than me, I tell him an afl contract is much easier to come across over 200cm, just need to nail down the basics and be athletic! Blokes like Campbell have carved out a great career.

I never understood why the compo pick doesn't have to come in the form of points from hawthorn.

Nothing in life should be for free... Except free agency I guess.

It takes away an even playing field and the ability of clubs to draft and manage list when you get free kicks like Battle to the Hawks for nothing....

Was there VFL side however we don't count Rampe as a former Bulldog because he was at Willy when we were aligned
Did pre-season training with us and was heavily considered to be drafted by us.

Rampe himself openly admits though that his attitude and ability to become an AFL player only occurred after he returned back to Sydney, his home city.

So now we get less for OOC Bailey Smith then OOC Harry Perryman righttttttt

I never understood why the compo pick doesn't have to come in the form of points from hawthorn.

It takes away an even playing field and the ability of clubs to draft and manage list when you get free kicks like Battle to the Hawks for nothing....
This is what happens in other sports:

AFL will spend millions on another fact-finding mission to America to not implement these rules though.

Yep it’s an absolute joke that the teams who get penalised the most are the 16 other clubs not involved in the deal. System is cooked.

The AFL and AFLPA have always wanted to make the movement of players between clubs easier. The opacity of the FA compensation system is the perfect way to engineer such desired outcomes. Under this system everybody involved makes out like bandits.

It's all the other clubs that get pushed back in the draft or lose players before arriving at FA gravy train station that pay the price of a pineapple up the ol' jacksie. For the AFL and AFLPA largesse.

And we all laugh...

The AFL and AFLPA have always wanted to make the movement of players between clubs easier. The opacity of the FA compensation system is the perfect way to engineer such desired outcomes. Under this stream everybody involved makes out like bandits.

It's the clubs that get pushed back in the draft or lose players before arriving at FA gravy train station that pay the price of a pineapple up the ol' jacksie. For the AFL and AFLPA largesse.

And we all laugh...
It's been 10 years since they engineers James Frawley (13 total Coaches' votes in six seasons at Hawthorn) to Hawthorn to get Melbourne pick 3. Melbourne got Brayshaw, an All-Australian and a premiership out of that compensation.

GWS, ahem, as much as it pains me to say it, were the worst screwed over in the deal, as their movement from their entitled pick 3 in the draft was pushed down to 4, a significant push down from 4 to 5, 5 to 6, such is the exponential decay of the picks. They got Jarrod Pickett instead. Ouch.

10 years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back