Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was the leading goalkicker was he not? I’m not saying he would make it. I just think he has a better chance than Clarke.
Bedendo would be a handy pick up for a club that needs forward depth. I hope he gets another chance

Bedendo would be a handy pick up for a club that needs forward depth. I hope he gets another chance
I would say at worst he gets a VFL gig. A few good games early next year and he's right in the mid year draft mix. He's still got a fair chance to make a go of it.
I don’t get this. I know he showed a few promising moves early in his career but has he ever really exerted much influence across a whole game, even at VFL level?

It just seems to me that he has moments rather than whole matches.

I wish him well but the delisting was inevitable.

I don’t get this. I know he showed a few promising moves early in his career but has he ever really exerted much influence across a whole game, even at VFL level?

And those moments are few and far between.

Was miles off AFL level this year, hope he does find a VFL position to turn it around.

This was his 4th season on an AFL list. Injuries did not help and may have been the cause, but there was a distinct lack of improvement

I'm not against delisting him, his output over several years didn't justify retention.

He's a likeable kid with a hard back story though, with enough ability to be serviceable somewhere if his body holds up.

No superstar, but could well have a Shane Birss, Peter Quill type 5-6 year, 50-100 game career somewhere.

Let’s hope it ends up being bad deal for him and them.

I expect he won’t look anywhere near as good in the Geelong jumper as he does in our magnificent red white and blue.

Plus revealing himself to a petulant traitor, is not exactly going to enhance his reputation.
His main audience is teenage girls, who themselves can be petulant traitors, so all good 👍

If I'm Sammy I'm saying first and future first for Smith or he walks, that's it, if he ended up at another club how FD do Smith and Geelong look

If I'm Sammy I'm saying first and future first for Smith or he walks, that's it, if he ended up at another club how FD do Smith and Geelong look
I think a lot is going to depend on what Oliver does to be honest, not from a picks point of view but just looking at their list.

They'll struggle to fit all of Dangerfield, Holmes, Smith, Oliver, Bruhn, Bowes and Clark (I'm sure I'm missing some) into their regular midfield rotations so it may be an opportunity to squeeze out one of the fringe midfielders with a pick for Smith.

I suspect Geelong wouldn't want to trade Clark but he has been on the list now for 2 seasons and whilst he played 15 games this year, he was a sub in nearly a third of them, those spots aren't going to be any easier to claim.

The argument that “we only need to offer one first rounder or pick him up in the draft is stupid”

Clubs would then never offer more than a solitary f1 pick for out of contract players and could even continue to downgrade the pick on the night (thus obtaining other picks) just because “he only spoke to us/mental health” etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say this every year but trading period is my least favourite time on the AFL calendar. Nine days of waffle, discussion on scenarios that never eventuate and other dross. Then a single day when everything happens.
A movie I like is Trading Day. The AFL can learn a lot from this movie and they don’t even have to watch it. The “ learning” is in the title. Not period, not days not even ad nauseum but “day”. The trades will still get done I promise. And we will be spared the tedium, the pontifications of the journalist and rival club posters and the lies from club officials.

The AFL will never give up having this level of exposure, coverage and discussion over this period. I half expect them to make it even longer 😱

AFL going to look into reports Oliver has cleaned out his locker and trying to force a trade to Geelong? This trade period is starting to not just stink but reek.

I don’t know how he got the reputation he has on this forum .very Highly rated around here

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back