Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw on the AFL website that the North list manager Brady Rawlings said that it’s unlikely we’re trading away Daniel.

Brad Close would be ideal and probably not unrealistic. Out of contract next year, big upgrade on one of VDM or McNeil as a pressure forward and Geelong are pretty well set for forwards as it is
I honestly think you could get him.
I know zero. He definitely is a part of our puzzle with our forward structure. But I could see it.

Power was asking for north's second round pick out right.
As Power should.

All these clubs are asking ridiculous amounts for contracted players. If Daniel legitimately wants to stay at the club (which appears genuine), then we shouldn't give him away.

If hypothetically we need to move Daniel next season to fit in Bont, Darcy & Richards extensions (& a possible FA target), I feel like it would be reasonably easy to move Daniel to another club for a later pick.

With Macrae & Smith moving on, we have zero incentive to trade Daniel unless it's for a very favorable deal.

I honestly think you could get him.
I know zero. He definitely is a part of our puzzle with our forward structure. But I could see it.
He'd instantly be our best HF. I'd be all over this of we were a chance

If they were happy for Parker to go they wouldn’t be asking for North Second round pick would they.
I think this early in the piece (yes it's still early), if you're not trying to extract the most out of a side you're not doing your job.

I expect it's like every other situation, North offered a pick in the 60s, Sydney asked for a pick in the 20s, they'll compromise in the 40s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand now west coast don’t have pick 14 they can’t get baker he’s out of contract so Richmond should just accept whatever they can get right ? That’s how it works with Bailey smith.

We are a mediocre football team on the field and off.

Do something needle moving while we have a decent level of core talent. Get Smith, Macrae and Daniel out and free the cash to get Oliver done. Any excess cap is just going to be bullied out of us by the player managers of our existing players anyway if we don’t move it on. Clarry can drive an hour from a farm to Whitten Oval.

I don’t really care about culture and good bloke stuff. We’ve done that for years and gone nowhere.

Take some risks and give us some excitement FFS.

Do something needle moving while we have a decent level of core talent. Get Smith, Macrae and Daniel out and free the cash to get Oliver done. Any excess cap is just going to be bullied out of us by the player managers of our existing players anyway if we don’t move it on. Clarry can drive an hour from a farm to Whitten Oval.

I don’t really care about culture and good bloke stuff. We’ve done that for years and gone nowhere.

Nice melt.

Oh god no.

Oliver's kicking this year was worse than anything Baz has served up, let alone his off field issues. I'd rather draft Jamie Oliver.

I have no inside information! I’d love for the Hawks to make another play for Smith as the cats deal breaks down.

Would the Doggies accept Carlton’s F1 and F2?
Quite possibly, noting we'd look to trade back into this year's draft and draft night pick trading is permitted.

Yeh nah. Front end Darcy now

If they were happy for Parker to go they wouldn’t be asking for North Second round pick would they.
Parker 32 years old and the cliff looming. Who’d give a 2nd and definitely not an early 2nd.
They wouldn’t be asking for that from any one but North or the Suns.
Caleb 28 yo so has a fair bit of gas in the tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back