Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. I would rather look at state league players then any DFA.

I wouldn't be against leaving one spot open for a player to train or mid season pick though.
We've been linked to Sam Davidson from Richmond's VFL program

Kamdyn McIntosh would be a great cheap pick up for us
He would if we needed a plug and play for one season type. He'll be 31 by round 1 next year and I'm not sure that's the direction we should take.

I don't know who this is but I'd also prefer him to any of the mentioned DFAs
190cm HF type. He looks good at the level. Still pretty young too IIRC

FRM is generally a good indicator of talent too
I'd be surprised if we weren't interested in the winner of the award. Nearly every single one in the 21st century has subsequently been good enough to be a cemented best 22 AFL player

Also, he looks old enough to be a Dad about ready to turn up to his kid's uni graduation.
Didn't stop us drafting Kieran Collins...

Crossley’s actions just don’t align with his words. Has indicated he’s interested in playing AFL again and has even nominated for MSD’s, but he’s either unwilling or incapable of getting himself even remotely fit enough.

Maybe being in a full time professional environment would do the trick but a club can’t really take that punt when he’s so far behind the pack, you’d write off an entire year getting him up to scratch. Maybe a preseason sign on spot would work to at least see what his work ethic is like over an AFL preseason
I get his not cut from stone but is he really that unfit? Seems to run out games very well to my eye.

I can’t believe his not a back up ruck on an afl list.

Crossley’s actions just don’t align with his words. Has indicated he’s interested in playing AFL again and has even nominated for MSD’s, but he’s either unwilling or incapable of getting himself even remotely fit enough.

Maybe being in a full time professional environment would do the trick but a club can’t really take that punt when he’s so far behind the pack, you’d write off an entire year getting him up to scratch. Maybe a preseason sign on spot would work to at least see what his work ethic is like over an AFL preseason
In saying that, have you seen how fat Sean Darcy is from Freo? Really fat and quite a good ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm... Along with Curtis Taylor, North Melbourne has now delisted 2 more small forwards in Charlie Lazzaro and Blake Drury. I know picking up a DFA from a cellar dweller can be dangerous, but let's face it - North forwards have not had a huge amount of scoring opportunity over the last few years. :think:

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Here we go dogs" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I get his not cut from stone but is he really that unfit? Seems to run out games very well to my eye.

I can’t believe his not a back up ruck on an afl list.

The Mick Nolan era ended in the 70s

The Mick Nolan era ended in the 70s
Who cares what he looks like if he can run out games. His body shape doesn’t seem to be causing injuries etc.

Plus it’s pretty hard for a 25 odd year old bloke that’s not in a professional environment and probably has to work a day job to look as chiseled as a league footballer. Being in a professional environment will help.

Given he was at gc when they were close to there lowest some would say he has never been in a professional environment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back