Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

A peek at the Essendon board suggests J Davey isn't fit enough, doesn't work hard enough, and doesn't have an appetite for the contest. Maybe a kick up the arse and a VFL apprenticeship would have him realise the chance he's lost, but certainly not the kind of guy you pick up straight away as a DFA.

Also I know the 2022 draft was generally pretty bad, but jeez.

1729685358125.png

Who cares what he looks like if he can run out games. His body shape doesn’t seem to be causing injuries etc.

Plus it’s pretty hard for a 25 odd year old bloke that’s not in a professional environment and probably has to work a day job to look as chiseled as a league footballer. Being in a professional environment will help.

Given he was at gc when they were close to there lowest some would say he has never been in a professional environment.
He tested positive to Cocaine on match day FFS.

Who cares what he looks like if he can run out games. His body shape doesn’t seem to be causing injuries etc.

Plus it’s pretty hard for a 25 odd year old bloke that’s not in a professional environment and probably has to work a day job to look as chiseled as a league footballer. Being in a professional environment will help.

Given he was at gc when they were close to there lowest some would say he has never been in a professional environment.

Come on - he is unfit.There are plenty of chiselled full time accountants out there.He simply appears to have not had the desire or discipline to play at the elite level.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on - he is unfit.There are plenty of chiselled full time accountants out there.He simply appears to have not had the desire or discipline to play at the elite level.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also it’s not like he’s a short midfielder (Lachie Sullivan type) who could get himself super fit but remain undated or only get 1-2 years on a list. If he cared to get himself in AFL condition and behaved himself he’d lock in at least 5-6 years when you see a bloke like Tom Campbell still getting a list spot.

He tested positive to Cocaine on match day FFS.
I also ran into his old man and uncles in the dunny’s at his debut game in Ballarat. They all had that look that I see, in not all, but a few tradies I work with that call cocaine ‘nose beers’. To use is just an extension of Friday night beers. I’m no supporter of using cocaine, often described as the worlds most boring drug, because it adds no creativity or mind opening elements, just makes a yobbo or yuppie feel good about themselves for a little while, whilst the pain and suffering of it from the bikies here and leads all the way back to South America. This lad was still a teenager or not much older. He was obviously heavily influenced by his family, mostly for good but maybe not everything. He is surely more mature now and getting more so each year. I know Bevo doesn’t rate actual ruck work enough, he is nearly over the 3rd man up rule, but hopefully this is why we’ve employed recruitment staff and other experts and aren’t under the cult of one man. I would definitely be giving him a go. Another club just recruited Tom Campbell, this fella would be way more valuable than Tom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back