Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade in next years 1st for one of Richmond’s picks. 10/11 maybe. Although might be too late to get one of the high end mids.

I have it on good authority that Richmond will take those 2 picks to the draft and won’t trade them out…due to whoever Eagles will take at 12, which happens to be WA’s top prospect and otherwise gone before 12 if not for a something something FA deal

I don't think dogs can have the luxury of having an older list. Especially when the scope of the game is changing to more & more run. Saw it in finals what happens to a team with an old list vs a younger list like hawks.
Yeah plus we can’t just trade in good younger players. Reality is we don’t land premium trade targets when we have competition.

Some fail.

But the following didn’t take us very far:

Pat Vezspremi

Nathan Djerrkurra

Justin Sherman

Ed Barlow

Mark Austin

Nick Lower

Koby Stevens

Tom Young

Sam Darley

Jed Adcock

Travis Cloke

Josh Schache

Jackson Trengove

Billy Gowers

Sam Lloyd

Mitch Hannan

Stefan Martin

Tim O’Brien

Ryan Gardner
These guys aren’t all fails. Three of them played in a winning preliminary final for us. Schache, Martin and Hannan. Doug Hawkins, Chris Grant, Brad Joshson, Scott West etc couldn’t achieve this. Jed Adcock as a former Brisbane skipper was an invaluable leader through 2016 and played in our VFL flag if I recall correctly? Trav Cloke was worth a try, Ryan Gardiner has had his own good moments.
Most fans problems are when players are projected on the team longer than their form warrants because of some feature us mortals can’t see eg VDM, McNeill. Even Hannan had his good moments but kept getting games even when form was sh$thouse etc. Selection integrity hasn’t been a strong point under Bevo.

Look at Collingwood, Geelong, I don't think clubs give a rats toss bag about age profiles anymore.

More than ever it's all in. It's thrash that car until its tyres are bald, the engine blown and smoke filling the inside.
Richmond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back