Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Nyuon go this year. still really raw and will take more than 2 years to see how he really is tracking. or is he that bad

Delist:
- Kommer
- Dempsey

Draft Prediction:
Pick 1: McCluggage
Pick 20: Simpkin
Pick 29: Berry
Pick 41: Drew
Pick 68: McDonald-Tipunguti upgrade

Rookie Draft:
Pick 1: Heppell

PSD:
Pick 1: Richards

Last edited:
Harry Dear or Xavier Richards in the PSD would make me very happy. We still need more depth in the forward line; Richards has shown that he can kick goals in the AFL and Dear is tracking quite nicely in the SANFL (showing the type of form that would get him a game in most forward lines).

How did Nyuon go this year. still really raw and will take more than 2 years to see how he really is tracking. or is he that bad

Would be surprised to see him given another contract unfortunately. I think some issue outside of football will also be considered.

Harry Dear or Xavier Richards in the PSD would make me very happy. We still need more depth in the forward line; Richards has shown that he can kick goals in the AFL and Dear is tracking quite nicely in the SANFL (showing the type of form that would get him a game in most forward lines).
I like what I've read about Harry Dear, and while everyone seems pleased with Stewart (and I am too, don't get me wrong) it would be great to have another forward option to develop.

Here's Harry :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omeara cant be too smart. He destroys Hawks by going to them. He could have walked to us and left us with all the tools to put a better list around him. Hawks are cooked!
This. What a toss. Hawthorn destroyed its own culture to accommodate OMeara. He was insistent on getting to a club clearly about to slide. His loss. Wasn't that keen anyway. Them knees is gon' go.

I like what I've read about Harry Dear, and while everyone seems pleased with Stewart (and I am too, don't get me wrong) it would be great to have another forward option to develop.

Here's Harry :)

Look how accurate he is from a set shot, nice and simple kicking style, might look out of place in an Essendon forward line ;)

Ok so we started off the year with 39 players on the senior list + 5 Cat A rookies + 1 Cat B rookie.
We can have up to 40 on the senior list and a minimum of 38 - senior list and Cat A rookie list has to add to 44.

So far:
Senior list: removed 6 (Hibberd, Edwards, Cooney, Gwilt, Pears, Ashby) and added/committed to 4 (Stewart, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Dea, Kelly)
Cat A rookies: removed 2 (McDonald-Tipungwuti, Wallis)
Cat B: nil

This gives us at this stage 3 spots on the senior list and 1 spot on the rookie list. We have to take at least 3 picks to the draft.

IMO: We therefore delist Kommer and Dempsey and keep McKernan for rucking depth (these are the 3 players still out of contract).

We then take to the draft:
Pick 1:
Pick 20:
Pick 29:
Pick 41:

PSD Pick 1:

Rookie Pick 1:

And that is all. Therefore the pick downgrade in the Hibberd trade doesn't effect us so we effectively got pick 29 for Hibberd. We effectively got Stewart for free.
Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back