Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be disappointed if we didn't delist Kommer, Dempsey and McKernan. Hams should also be delisted from the rookie list.

McKernan is the only one that might warrant a list spot - as ruck depth in case Leuy and Bellchambers go down - but the other three have no role to play next season.

I would think those four would be on the way out although Hams showed a little bit towards the end of the year to maybe justify one more year, and McKernan is frustrating as he has shown some potential so maybe he stays in the VFL in case of a bad run with injuries or he somehow just wakes up.

It'll be interesting how much the front half of the draft collapses down with academy bidding. GWS have 14 picks in the first 7 rounds now, 11 with point value. Seems this year has been more about squabbling over the players that are already in the system, rather than getting high picks in the draft. Although I guess that's what you get when we all missed out a few years ago and those players are now all getting squeezed out or wanting to go home... coupled with a "very even midfield draft" that no one seems to rate. I guess the points values assigned to the picks are generic every year, rather than being tailored to the draft that they're in. Perhaps if it was tailored to this draft it'd be flatter at the top but have more points assigned to middle and later picks.

Last edited:

I'd be disappointed if we didn't delist Kommer, Dempsey and McKernan. Hams should also be delisted from the rookie list.

McKernan is the only one that might warrant a list spot - as ruck depth in case Leuy and Bellchambers go down - but the other three have no role to play next season.
Stewart has played ruck. Daniher can ruck, though I'd prefer he didn't. I'd happily farewell McKernan.

Their numbers might be comparable but they play very differently. If we go in expecting 40 to 50 goals then we will end up disappointed. I'd be hoping for 30 goals or around 1.5 goals a game if he is best 22 next season and then he can work his way up from there.
Agree, I'd be reasonably happy with 30 or so goals for the season and then he hopefully builds from there to the 40-50+ mark.

Definitely agree. It's why I'm hoping we add another key forward/ruckman through either the PSD or delisted free agency period, even as depth for mine McKernan simply isn't good enough.

If we're serious about winning our next premiership, Dempsey, McKernan and Hams all have to go. None of them will be best 22 or atleast shouldnt be best 22. Hams is the only one with potential to improve yet I still dont think he'll ever be good enough. Hit the draft and bring in some young kids who may be able to develop into guns for out next shot at a flag.

Another player that might now come into the mix at 20 is surprisingly Brad Scheer. Gold Coast would have to risk going into points deficit for next years draft if he where to be bid on. Wouldn't hesitate bidding in the hope of getting him at 20
Yep, Dodo didnt think he would be there at 20. Would be a good addition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another player that might now come into the mix at 20 is surprisingly Brad Scheer. Gold Coast would have to risk going into points deficit for next years draft if he where to be bid on. Wouldn't hesitate bidding in the hope of getting him at 20
Basically plays and looks like Caddy except we'd be screwing over GC this time and wouldnt need to offer Hooker. DO IT DODO

I just wanto here people's thoughts about this trade period? I personally think it's a massive fail, didn't land Omeara, didn't upgrade pick 1 to multiple picks? Even though we still have pick 1 there's no garuntee who we pick will turn out to be a gun. Since 2001 the mighty bombers have been on the slide and dodo has been in charge of list, I personally don't think he is up to the job at at the greatest club in the land. Only 1 out of 3 picks in the top ten have paid of for us not a good strike rate Hurley tick pick 6, Myers fail pick 6 gumby pick 2 fail!! The Hawks have some how picked up to A grade mids in 1 draft period in Omeara and Mitchell and have traded in guns every year for the last 5 years that have worked out. I do think our list is getting better and can see a bright future under our new coach but dodo is not the right guy moving forward. I know my views might not be popular but that's my view

Would prove to be a good counterpoint to McCluggage if we were to take him at Pick 1 (and hopefully Bowes gets bid on by either us GWS or Brisbane and it gets matched). Looking at Knightmare's description of him it sounds like he's a much better kick than the other inside mids that may be available at Pick 20. Would then have to hope that Simpkin is still available at 29.

Would prove to be a good counterpoint to McCluggage if we were to take him at Pick 1 (and hopefully Bowes gets bid on by either us GWS or Brisbane and it gets matched). Looking at Knightmare's description of him it sounds like he's a much better kick than the other inside mids that may be available at Pick 20. Would then have to hope that Simpkin is still available at 29.
I have Simpkin going before our pick 20 along with Scheer but Scheer suits our list needs for a young inside mid

I just wanto here people's thoughts about this trade period? I personally think it's a massive fail, didn't land Omeara, didn't upgrade pick 1 to multiple picks? Even though we still have pick 1 there's no garuntee who we pick will turn out to be a gun. Since 2001 the mighty bombers have been on the slide and dodo has been in charge of list, I personally don't think he is up to the job at at the greatest club in the land. Only 1 out of 3 picks in the top ten have paid of for us not a good strike rate Hurley tick pick 6, Myers fail pick 6 gumby pick 2 fail!! The Hawks have some how picked up to A grade mids in 1 draft period in Omeara and Mitchell and have traded in guns every year for the last 5 years that have worked out. I do think our list is getting better and can see a bright future under our new coach but dodo is not the right guy moving forward. I know my views might not be popular but that's my view
20ie62g.gif

Wouldn't exactly call Myers a fail either yet.
Really? I'm sorry but I don't rate him. I remember that draft pick really well dodo said we need a gun half back flanker and picked Myers instead of picking best available at the time. Big mistake

Really? I'm sorry but I don't rate him. I remember that draft pick really well dodo said we need a gun half back flanker and picked Myers instead of picking best available at the time. Big mistake
You don't have to apologise for having an opinion. I think he's shown he's capable of some pretty damn fine footy when his body let's him. Hoping he kills it next year having had this year off.

**** outta here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back