Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we particularly need Green, but I also don't see what the fuss is about. His 2014 and 2015 seasons were legitimately good. 2016 was a bit off but that whole team was shite. Recruiting him might clog the list but it wouldn't be a disaster.
I think he had a foot injury in 2016 and only played half a season, worth a punt for mine unless he is a total dickhead.

I would hope if we got Green he'd be depth for Fantasia and Tippa.
Green reminds me of old David Calthorpe with those short stubby legs. On a close up camera shot when he runs thos little legs pumping he looks like the fastest man in the world, then the camera zooms out only to find he is about to be run down

Is this the same Josh Green who harassed Dempsey into giving away a 50 a couple of years ago and celebrated earning the 50 like they just won the game? Surely we don't need this little knoblet do we?

Is Green a DFA or PSD option?

Green should be cheap, unless another club wants him then its a bidding war and I wouldnt want him then.
Provides ready made depth at the small forward position. Being delisted by a team as shit as Brisbane might be the kick up the ass he needs.
2 Year deal for peanuts or not at all

Rookie List Barrett. The guy is a machine at NEAFL level, give him a year or 2 in the VFL to see if he can replicate his NEAFL form into a stronger competition.

Rookie list X. Richards. Cant Hurt... and hope that he becomes the reverse Ted and playes 200 games for us

Is Green a DFA or PSD option?

Green should be cheap, unless another club wants him then its a bidding war and I wouldnt want him then.
Provides ready made depth at the small forward position. Being delisted by a team as shit as Brisbane might be the kick up the ass he needs.
2 Year deal for peanuts or not at all

Rookie List Barrett. The guy is a machine at NEAFL level, give him a year or 2 in the VFL to see if he can replicate his NEAFL form into a stronger competition.

Rookie list X. Richards. Cant Hurt... and hope that he becomes the reverse Ted and playes 200 games for us
Kelly, Dea, Green, Barrett, Richards = a lot of DFA coming in
Add Tippa and McKenna as upgrades.

That said, we have 12 list spots free.
pick 1, 20, 29, 41 & a rookie + the 7 above

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last bit of play shows he doesn't mind puting his body over the footy and I've seen him win an incredible contested clearance in the finals. Still think he plays on the flanks but he has the height and marking to trouble the opposition if he plays on a wing or swings forward

Hey eth-dog Zach Package BrunoV competition time

Any random obscure guys completely off the radar you can think of a chance to be picked up from the VFL?

Throw a couple out there. Declan Keilty (Casey Scorpions) probably one guy with amazing scope to improve. KPD who has come on in leaps and bounds this year.

The other surely has to be Ben Cavarra.the pocket rocket has done it all this year and finally deserves a chance.
Keilty has been talked up all season. My big smoky is Robbie Fox. Guy is a genuine jet.

From 2 sources now. Hard to see which club would be interested im assuming a SA side with pick 13 or 14.

Maybe Sydney moved up for him as a guarantee but they dont pick alot of SA boys.

Maybe Goldcoast

By looking at what Twomey said id predict the draft order to be this so far.

1. McCluggage (ess)
2. Mcgrath (Gws)
3. Ainsworth (Bris)
4. Bowes (GC suns)
5. Sam Petrevski Seton (Carl) - cant believe they would go down this road
6. Tim English (GC suns)
7. (Freo)

Then after that it looks a little unclear. Freo would be disappointed to miss both WA boys. IMO the best 2 kids would still be on the board which i wouldve loved to have got both.

From 2 sources now. Hard to see which club would be interested im assuming a SA side with pick 13 or 14.

Maybe Sydney moved up for him as a guarantee but they dont pick alot of SA boys.

Maybe Goldcoast

1. McCluggage (ess)
2. Mcgrath (Gws)
3. Ainsworth (Bris)
4. Bowes (GC suns)
6. Tim English (GC suns)
7. (Freo)

Then after that it looks a little unclear. Freo would be disappointed to miss both WA boys. IMO the best 2 kids would still be on the board which i wouldve loved to have got.
Think things will become more clear in the week leading up to the draft we should slowly start to hear a few things

Maybe Goldcoast

1. McCluggage (ess)
2. Mcgrath (Gws)
3. Ainsworth (Bris)
4. Bowes (GC suns)
6. Tim English (GC suns)
7. (Freo)

Then after that it looks a little unclear. Freo would be disappointed to miss both WA boys. IMO the best 2 kids would still be on the board which i wouldve loved to have got both.
Surely in that scenario Freo take Brodie? Would be really hard to go past him.

not that it matters anyway, we wont be picking him up at pick 1, and he wont last to 20.
Someone has to slide i just hope its not him.

Mccgluggage, Mcgrath, Bowes, Ainsworth, SPS, English, Taranto, Logue, Brodie, Simpkin, Hayward, Florent, Berry, Scrimshaw, T.Marshall, Venables (Thats 16) and id be happy with any at 20.

Considering the strength of Non Vic sides in the top 20 all we need is a vic boy to cry wolf of not wanting to leave the state and we end up with a gem.

I am staggered that poster think that Josh Green would be close to the best 22 next year.

If we are asking him to be more team oriented and less one dimensional we are asking him to be Fantasia and Tippa. Green's best footy is miles behind those guys.

Take a step back and look at a team, and the sorts of players you want playing in that team. How do you fit Green and everyone else into it? The only solutions are Tippa at half back, where he is a defensive liability and squeeze out McKenna, Kelly, Dea or Gleeson, and Fantasia on the ball which squeezes a midfielder out.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not excited by the prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back