Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you have said the same about Jarrod Atkinson? ...or Travis Colyer c. 2010 - 2012? Travis's turnovers used to make me turn green and bust out with rage. McKenna's got a decent short kick and he keeps running to create, but I don't know how much I could take of incompetent turnovers at half-forward. Must be patient I suppose.

Completely understand where your coming from and you're right, the biggest difference to me is that McKenna has genuine untapped potential who could reach extreme heights.

Atkinson was always a plodder at best and Colyer was average that showed the occasional glimpse of speed and talent.

Completely understand where your coming from and you're right, the biggest difference to me is that McKenna has genuine untapped potential who could reach extreme heights.

Atkinson was always a plodder at best and Colyer was average that showed the occasional glimpse of speed and talent.
I genuinely liked Atkinson. I reckon he was told to take it and run, perhaps because it was safer for all concerned, and when he did he could be electric. Occasionally he would do something that mad me go, oooh, x-factor. The fact that he walked away from the game was probably a very good indicator of his plodderness. One of those that left me wondering how good he could have been.

There will be a team who thinks Will Hayward can be a similar type to a Fyfe in that he can eventually be a midfielder.

There under 18 years were pretty similar both played predominantly deep forward with not a heap of the ball but scoreboard impact. If someone thinks he can fill out then the glimpse of his midfield ability in the all stars games might be enough for someone to go really high on him.

I also like Yoda_ have concerns over Florents disposal by foot.

Cant see Taranto getting past EAGLES pick, but you never know

Imo if Green kicks 30 goals a year then we're all onboard.

Green and Fantasia kicking 60 between them, Langford and Laverde 50 between them, Daniher 50 and we've got a goal kicking forward line. Add one of Hooker, Stewart, Francis (I hope he comes back fit enough to play spurts through the midfield) or Brown and a resting Bellchambers and it's pretty versatile if not dangerous. Quicks, talls and mid-sizers.

There will be a team who thinks Will Hayward can be a similar type to a Fyfe in that he can eventually be a midfielder.

There under 18 years were pretty similar both played predominantly deep forward with not a heap of the ball but scoreboard impact. If someone thinks he can fill out then the glimpse of his midfield ability in the all stars games might be enough for someone to go really high on him.

I also like Yoda_ have concerns over Florents disposal by foot.

Cant see Taranto getting past EAGLES pick, but you never know
Big call. Fyfe went through a huge change. Gained like 15 kegs.

Stuff that why have 2 smalls when we can have 3? the more small goal kickers we have the better.

I want a forward line with Joe and the likes of Raz,Tippa,Green crumbing goals.
Could be pushing out someone like Langford, Laverde, Francis, etc. I know Green's still 24 but I'd prefer to give those guys some decent opportunities.

Could be pushing out someone like Langford, Laverde, Francis, etc. I know Green's still 24 but I'd prefer to give those guys some decent opportunities.
i dont mind Green for cheap given we have 0 depth in the small forward position.

really wish we'd look at Barrett given we dont have a lot of inside mid options in that age bracket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont mind Green for cheap given we have 0 depth in the small forward position.

really wish we'd look at Barrett given we dont have a lot of inside mid options in that age bracket.
As depth of course I'd want him. Don't want him in the 22 unless one of our smalls goes down.

Dunno about no depth, we've got a few guys who can play that role when called upon.

Warming to Simpkin @ 20. Might need him to tank his interviews :wink:.
simpkin may make it.
im playing with a top 30 and have this:
1-Mcgrath/McCluggage (Ess)
2-the other one (GWS)
Bowes (GCS) Brisbane bid @ 3
3-Ainsworth (BL)
Setterfield (GWS) Carlton bid @ 5
5-Taranto (CFC)
6-Brodie (GCS)
7-SPS (FD)
8-Scrimshaw (GCS)
9-Logue (SS)
10-Florent (GCS)
Perryman (GWS) North bid @ 11
11-English (NM)
12-Marshall (WCE)
Scheer (GCS) Adelaide bid @ 13
13-Venables (AC)
14-Battle (PA)
15-Rotham (BL)
16-Berry (PA)
17-Cox (SS)
18-Witherden (WB)
Macreadie (GWS) Sydney bid @ 19
19-Villis (SS)

20-Simpkin (EFC)
21-Bolton (BL)
22-Powell-Pepper (BL)
23-B.Cox (SK)
24-Kerr (GFC)
25-Gallucci (CFC)
Mutch (GWS) WB bid @ 26
26-Clarke (WB)
27-Sproule (CFC) Collingwood bid @ 27. unsure if GWS have enough points to match. assume they dont
28-Scharenberg (RFC)
29-Drew (EFC)
30-Hayward (PA)
after this, i have no idea....you could also say i have no idea before this point....

Last edited:
simpkin may make it.
im playing with a top 30 and have this:
1-Mcgrath/McCluggage (Ess)
2-the other one (GWS)
Bowes (GCS) Brisbane bid @ 3
3-Ainsworth (BL)
Setterfield (GWS) Carlton bid @ 5
5-Taranto (CFC)
6-Brodie (GCS)
7-SPS (FD)
8-Scrimshaw (GCS)
9-Logue (SS)
10-Florent (GCS)
Perryman (GWS) North bid @ 11
11-English (NM)
12-Marshall (WCE)
Scheer (GCS) Adelaide bid @ 13
13-Venables (AC)
14-Battle (PA)
15-Rotham (BL)
16-Berry (PA)
17-Cox (SS)
18-Ryan (WB). im not confident here, but Hamling leaving & Adams wanting to leave..a local KPD may attract the Dogs while they are in a window.
Macreadie (GWS) Sydney bid @ 19
19-Witherden (SS)

20-Simpkin (EFC)
21-Villis (BL)
22-Powell-Pepper (BL)
23-B.Cox (SK)
24-Kerr (GFC)
25-Gallucci (CFC)
Mutch (GWS) WB bid @ 26
26-Clarke (WB)
27-Sproule (CFC) Collingwood bid @ 27. unsure if GWS have enough points to match. assume they dont
28-Scharenberg (RFC)
29-Bolton (EFC)
30-Hayward (PA)
after this, i have no idea....you could also say i have no idea before this point....
Ryan isn't a KPD, he's a 185 cm half-back flanker.

Hey eth-dog Zach Package BrunoV competition time

Any random obscure guys completely off the radar you can think of a chance to be picked up from the VFL?

Throw a couple out there. Declan Keilty (Casey Scorpions) probably one guy with amazing scope to improve. KPD who has come on in leaps and bounds this year.

The other surely has to be Ben Cavarra.the pocket rocket has done it all this year and finally deserves a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back