Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many inside Mids can 1 team have though? we saw Cats just trade Caddy because dangerfield negated his effectiveness, would Brodie and Cripps have similiar negative impact? Not that I want to help the filfth.

I'd say that Cripps is Carlton's only genuine inside mid.

There is plenty of room for someone like Brodie (and another one or two).

Sydney had Kennedy, Jack, Mitchell, Hannebery, Parker.

this is true but there run and spread was pretty good, jack and Kennedy had different skills in the contest to get the ball.

Cripps spread isnt his strength and I see him and Brodie having similiar strengths and weaknesses. I think Scrimshaw is more suited to Carlton.

this is true but there run and spread was pretty good, jack and Kennedy had different skills in the contest to get the ball.

Cripps spread isnt his strength and I see him and Brodie having similiar strengths and weaknesses. I think Scrimshaw is more suited to Carlton.
Fact of the matter with Carlton is that Cripps is basically their only inside midfielder of note. Brodie simply makes the most sense because what your idea is to have Cripps and nothing else.

Fact of the matter with Carlton is that Cripps is basically their only inside midfielder of note. Brodie simply makes the most sense because what your idea is to have Cripps and nothing else.
Exactly, can't see Brodie going anywhere other than Carlton really. I know you liked him for Pick 1 but he's fallen back now.

It's a tricky one for the Blues though because they need a lot, even with SOS cherry-picking lesser GWS players, etc. their squad is still a bit of a mess though they are improving.

Hey eth-dog Zach Package BrunoV competition time

Any random obscure guys completely off the radar you can think of a chance to be picked up from the VFL?

Throw a couple out there. Declan Keilty (Casey Scorpions) probably one guy with amazing scope to improve. KPD who has come on in leaps and bounds this year.

The other surely has to be Ben Cavarra.the pocket rocket has done it all this year and finally deserves a chance.

I quite like Sam McLachlan from the Cats, but I'll be the first to admit he's a bit of a long shot. I think he's better suited to the AFL game than Ruggles is.

No I think players such as Scrimshaw or Taranto are a better fit for Carlton, that offer something different that will compliment Cripps. I'll be happy if they draft Brodie with both of them going after the ball whilst one of our players skirts out the back uncontested to run into an open goal after Jobe has dissed it out to him.

Green brings a huge annoyance factor to the opposition with his socks down short step fist pumping goals.

Two times leading goal kicker for Lions.

Get him if we can afford him .... I thought he was asking top dollar at the Lions.

View attachment 306899
Haven't had any good campaigners since Mark Johnson. If Green can get neanderthal responses from opposition defenders i'm all for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do indeed downgrade McKernan we've got list space up the wazoo.

We could take 1, 20, 29, 41 and 68 AND an additional delisted free agent AND add Tippa, McKenna, Stewart, Kelly and Dea

If we do indeed downgrade McKernan we've got list space up the wazoo.

We could take 1, 20, 29, 41 and 68 AND an additional delisted free agent AND add Tippa, McKenna, Stewart, Kelly and Dea
Depends on what we do in the DFA/PSD for mine. If we pick up a ruckman, then for mine McKernan is as good as gone.

Having a read of the inside football magazine and I'm even more keen on Dylan Clarke. He is apparently tipped to get a 99 on his enter score and works hard of the field to get information and work on team structures.

Ive gone cold in a big way

What are your thoughts on his kicking looks worse than Atley for me but has a better inside game and better accumulator with a better tank.

Ive gone cold in a big way

What are your thoughts on his kicking looks worse than Atley for me but has a better inside game and better accumulator with a better tank.
In the games I've seen live he is much better than Atley and his kicking has improved as the year has gone on but everything else for an inside mid he does very well. There isn't many inside mids in this draft that are good kicks but he isn't the worst I'd have his kicking above Atley and Scharenberg

Having a read of the inside football magazine and I'm even more keen on Dylan Clarke. He is apparently tipped to get a 99 on his enter score and works hard of the field to get information and work on team structures.
Stuff like this makes me want to like him, but I just can't overlook how damn poor his disposal is.

Stuff like this makes me want to like him, but I just can't overlook how damn poor his disposal is.
He is good by hand and his kicking needs work but is hardly a liability and has improved as the year has gone on. He reminds me of Jobe before he started to hit his best and if we want a contested mid in the 2nd round I don't think we will find anyone better for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back