Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the more appropriate question is why for us?

We've taken four mediums capable of playing forward in the last two years, plus Goddard and Watson will spend a significant time forward in their twilight. Do people think he'll be more than that, if not I'd suggest it wouldn't be a good pick for list balance.

I understand list balance theory to a degree but didnt we pass on Cyril because we had Davey and Lovett?

I think if it's 50/50 you go on list balance, if a player in the draft is clear cut the better player, doesnt matter what position he plays you get him otherwise you draft a steinberg, Ashby, Morgan etc etc

I understand list balance theory to a degree but didnt we pass on Cyril because we had Davey and Lovett?

I think if it's 50/50 you go on list balance, if a player in the draft is clear cut the better player, doesnt matter what position he plays you get him otherwise you draft a steinberg, Ashby, Morgan etc etc
Going a bit early on Morgan but otherwise I agree with your post. I like that we take more risks later in the draft though as well, more of them bust but the ones that make it are usually rippers.

McGrath is listed as 177 on the AFL website.

I'm a little worried. We already have a host of players on the short end. Need to balance it out. I'm really hoping that we get McCluggage and I feel like we will

I think tall midfielders are just the new fad

the wheel will turn to shorter guys again at some point, kleb might help the cause - plus you get loads more head high free kicks being a little man amongst all these hulking mids.

embrace the advantage!

Inside Football magazine has all disposal efficiency numbers with some interesting results. I don't think it's a true reflection on which players use the ball best but McGrath has the highest disposal efficiency out of any TAC player with Kerr having the worst ill make a list of the top 10 and bottom 10 later

I'm not sure we passed on Cyril because we had Davey and Lovett, I thought we passed because we didn't rate him there despite the family connection creating interest from supporters/media.

Agree that if there is a clear cut option like Parker you jump, but he isn't clear cut better which is why the hype seemed perplexing, he's part of a very even bunch from 15-30 and doesn't fill a need.

Going a bit early on Morgan but otherwise I agree with your post. I like that we take more risks later in the draft though as well, more of them bust but the ones that make it are usually rippers.

I'd be surprised if Morgan makes it, I agree with you though I think you have to think outside the square with latter picks such as Hooker and Fantasia, i gree with you on that, it doesnt hurt as much taking someone at pick 50+ as it does at pick 30ish.

I'm not sure we passed on Cyril because we had Davey and Lovett, I thought we passed because we didn't rate him there despite the family connection creating interest from supporters/media.

Agree that if there is a clear cut option like Parker you jump, but he isn't clear cut better which is why the hype seemed perplexing, he's part of a very even bunch from 15-30 and doesn't fill a need.

We passed on Rioli because we tried to be clever and hide him, but it back fired big time.

We passed on Rioli because we tried to be clever and hide him, but it back fired big time.

how did we try and hide him? he was training with us? Everyone knew he was there, everyone knew he was talented, however clubs were worried he would be another Tambling.

Absolute nonsense. We 'passed' on him because we chose to select what was widely considered at the time to be a 2006 version of joe daniher. It back fired because his body was a lemon. It happens. Sheedy was on record that draft day saying that it was a shame the removed the start of first round priority pick as we would have taken selwood.

Absolute nonsense. We 'passed' on him because we chose to select what was widely considered at the time to be a 2006 version of joe daniher. It back fired because his body was a lemon. It happens. Sheedy was on record that draft day saying that it was a shame the removed the start of first round priority pick as we would have taken selwood.
Rioli was Myers' draft, not Gumby's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Myers was a standout that year and Cyril, much like Oliver and cockatoo, looked like good prospects but probably went earlier than expected. We tend to play it safe at the draft.

Sad gumby never made it. He and Daniher in 2016/17 would be formidable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back