Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new here (but have been perusing the forums for about a year), I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Willem Drew? Would we be a chance to get him at pick 20 or 29? And if so, would he be a good fit? Could he be a Clayton Oliver bull at the gate type mid to replace some of our aging mids in the next few years or do we have more immediate needs to address in this draft?
So you're an Essendon man then Willem?

Who would you say is the better kick?
prob mcluggage right now but mcgrath has leadership written all over him....who have we got that can break the lines at half back...unless we use tippa which i think worsefold will use more mid and up forward next year....mcgraths kicking can improve as he goes along also...

only said to the bank because i heard it from the horses mouth.....ass coach at essendon last week during a convo when i asked mcgrath or mcglugg.....didnt even flinch and said mcgrath.....seriously no lies here either
Ah...

We'll have a very very good player, but that would be a little disappointing considering a goal kicking mid would complement our side so much more.

I hope that he isn't in the know.

Is next years draft going to be even better than this years? Not just for talls.
I think the first round will be better overall but not sure about the depth, I'll be heavily involved next year compared to this year and already have a list of 30 or so players for next year that caught my eye this year but yep the talls next year are heaps better than this year

prob mcluggage right now but mcgrath has leadership written all over him....who have we got that can break the lines at half back...unless we use tippa which i think worsefold will use more mid and up forward next year....mcgraths kicking can improve as he goes along also...

To be honest greater need is an attacking mid.

I think the first round will be better overall but not sure about the depth, I'll be heavily involved next year compared to this year and already have a list of 30 or so players for next year that caught my eye this year but yep the talls next year are heaps better than this year
You still thinking key forward with our first pick? Personally think even with Daniher, Stewart, Francis, Bellchambers and McKernan (or his replacement) etc. as regular forwards we need greater depth in that area, only two are permanent forwards with Francis being the 3rd tall in whatever setup we run with.

You still thinking key forward with our first pick? Personally think even with Daniher, Stewart, Francis, Bellchambers and McKernan (or his replacement) etc. as regular forwards we need greater depth in that area, only two are permanent forwards with Francis being the 3rd tall in whatever setup we run with.
Depends on where we finish and what players are still available but there should be multiple key forwards in the top 30 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone heard that Oliver florent has personal circumstances that mean interstate clubs might not pick him up? just a rumour.

NM, dogs and dons only Vic clubs in the 10-20 range? ... just saying...

Who would we choose if both Simpkin and Battle were available at 20? I believe they're our preferences baring a dramatic slider.

Who would we choose if both Simpkin and Battle were available at 20? I believe they're our preferences baring a dramatic slider.
I'd prefer Simpkin. Would probably be a top 10 prospect of it weren't for his injury. Still not sure on what Battle will become either.

Battle for mine. Has shown good signs, averaged 3 goals, 13 disposals and 3 tackles a game in tac cup. Including 6 goals in a final.

Would benefit from being the 2nd or 3rd tall in our forward line, would be more stay at home given Dannihers game style.

His combine results were a pleasant surprise, given where he was at last year. If he could utilise his running power more he would be even better. The negative is he would take a couple years.

Simpkin on the other hand could be anything. We dont know how the broken leg has affected his mind set or his game style. But Simpkin was rated a top 10 pick if he didnt break his leg.

Would be happy with either. That said if we wanted kpf this year (and we went someone else at 20) the only one available at 29 would be Kerr, who is a step back from Battle imo.

Simpkin for sure. if not for injuries, he would be looked at as a top 10 pick. I'm not too crazy about Battle like some people on here. Only reason why I would look at him is because we desperately need some depth there. Even that, it is supposedly a good draft for talks next year so we can afford to skip Battle this year.

It's being termed as the super draft by the experts, one of the best in a long time but I guess we''ll wait and see.
I really think we gotta avoid calling it a super draft or anything like that. Most of the time the experts make comments like "there's a good group of talls coming through" and through a series of Chinese whispers, the media and forum posters start saying stuff like "it's stacked with talls" or "next year's top 10 is much better than this year's."

I've already compiled an ordered list of 60+ players eligible to be drafted next year based on what I've seen this year. My take, at the moment not much excites me outside my current top 25. While there's plenty to like about those inside my top 25, there's a long way to go, some will clean up their flaws and improve upon their strengths, other won't and will drop down the order. Players from outside that picture will come up through the year after big individual off-seasons.

To share some of what I've seen. IMO I have a clear top 2, Connor Ballenden, if he continues the way he's gone so far, he'll be among the best key forwards to come through the draft over the last few years (Brisbane academy member). Jarrod Brander, I prefer as a CHB, but he can play forward or even through the midfield at 195cm (currently in the GWS academy). After that, the rest of the top 25 would be comparable to this years top 25, and that's not a bad thing, I just think we'll be disappointed if we over-hype it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back