Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have Bolton way off the other 2. I'd consider him at 29 but few there are better options at 20. Needs to stop blazing away by foot if he is going to be effective up the ground at AFL level.
Cool, more so I was thinking he has good attitude, can impact almost immediately and revenge against the colliwobbles is always good mentality.

Yeah Jye Bolton
2016 Sandover medallist
Former Colliwobble and Werribee player.
Should be really good if we pick him up in the lower draft order.
How does he go round and how well can he adapt to AFL?
from a quick google search found his wafl stats. Geez the wafl website is good with stats!

He averaged 29.45 disposals, 5.6 marks and 3.5 tackles.

183cm midfielder, 24 years old. Definately deserves a crack in the national draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Battle for mine. Has shown good signs, averaged 3 goals, 13 disposals and 3 tackles a game in tac cup. Including 6 goals in a final.

Would benefit from being the 2nd or 3rd tall in our forward line, would be more stay at home given Dannihers game style.

His combine results were a pleasant surprise, given where he was at last year. If he could utilise his running power more he would be even better. The negative is he would take a couple years.

Simpkin on the other hand could be anything. We dont know how the broken leg has affected his mind set or his game style. But Simpkin was rated a top 10 pick if he didnt break his leg.

Would be happy with either. That said if we wanted kpf this year (and we went someone else at 20) the only one available at 29 would be Kerr, who is a step back from Battle imo.
battle all the way

Bloody hell making player profiles is time consuming with still heaps more i could do, I should have my final update to my Phantom Draft on the 21st. I'll be doing every pick and include profiles of potential rookies. I'll be doing some minor profiles for players in next years draft aswell which will have its own thread on the Phantom board.

Spoke to Sheehan about O'Brien at the last Bendigo game I went to and he absolutely loves him and I even brought up the Zerrett comparison. Yeah Naylor is my roughie he plays a lot like Hurley he is only 188 now but could still grow

Good to see Lochie O'Brien being talked about. I played a season of cricket with him; nice kid, quiet, not up himself.

Also coached against him in interschool footy. He tore us a new one. Single handedly won the game.

Yeah, you've named most of my top 10 in that group. This could be the first time Fogarty dedicates a full off/pre season to training like a full-time midfielder which could see him come back slightly leaner and as the most dominant mid in the comp. I think a lot of people on this board will start to love O'Brien when they see the similarities to Zach Merrett.

I like Balta and Clavarino a lot too. One roughie I'll chuck in there is Nathan Kreuger from SA. That young man is very raw but could be a star!
just had a watch of the SA futures game and I can see why you rate him he is a nice size and seems to have great footy smarts aswell

Wait are you talking about Jye? I was talking about Shai Bolton I don't have much on Jye but sure eth-dog or Yoda_ would know a lot more

Jye was drafted as a rookie on the back of a Nick Maxwell rookie search at the back end of 2010 (iirc) and was subsequently rookie listed having previously not been apart of any elite underage system.

A running machine (pretty sure he runs an elite beep - 14+) and is quite a good user of the ball. The marking must have come on later but remember watching that pre - season game mentioned in the AFL.com.au article he dominated us at Gosch's paddock. A wingman/hbf at the time, he has progressed into one of the best state league onballers evidenced by his best afield in the state game and backed up with the Sandover medal as the WAFL best and fairest player of 2016.

Just thinking about it, would genuinely be excited at the prospect of him joining us. Could plug and play anywhere from onball to HBF or wing. Has a few tricks.

just had a watch of the SA futures game and I can see why you rate him he is a nice size and seems to have great footy smarts aswell
195cm and he also holds his school's 400m and high jump records. Can play footy too. Not sure of his best position at the moment. Probably CHF and wing. Didn't think being a defender in the U17 all star game suited him but things can change.

195cm and he also holds his school's 400m and high jump records. Can play footy too. Not sure of his best position at the moment. Probably CHF and wing. Didn't think being a defender in the U17 all star game suited him but things can change.
Nah looks good on a wing he has good speed and agility for his size and a good user by foot, still light but looks very exciting and unless he has a Jacob Allison like drop off I'd see a lot of clubs in the first round being very keen. Also Young Edwards has a ripper left foot on him.

Jesus has nominated for the draft!? My big board has got to change:
1. Jesus
2. Super man
3. Genghis khan
4. Buzz Lightyear
5. Clug/McGrath
I'm sorry folks, battle will be a big slider...
But Jesus goes missing on Sundays
Jesus has nominated for the draft!? My big board has got to change:
1. Jesus
2. Super man
3. Genghis khan
4. Buzz Lightyear
5. Clug/McGrath
I'm sorry folks, battle will be a big slider...
What about Batman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back