Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sandy have got McGrath, Taranto, Setterfield (sort of), Scrimshaw & Florent projected in the top 11 picks. Has there ever been such a wealth of top end talent at one TAC team before?

Then there's Lyons, Brayshaw and others likely later. No wonder they won the flag.

So Sandy have got McGrath, Taranto, Setterfield (sort of), Scrimshaw & Florent projected in the top 11 picks. Has there ever been such a wealth of top end talent at one TAC team before?

Then there's Lyons, Brayshaw and others likely later. No wonder they won the flag.
They also had Zerrett, Kelly, Salem & Freeman in the 2013 draft.

First time I watched them play live I knew they would win the flag. Watched Murray vs Dandenong the week before with both Being higher the ladder but both teams didn't look anywhere near as good and that showed in the finals

First time I watched them play live I knew they would win the flag. Watched Murray vs Dandenong the week before with both Being higher the ladder but both teams didn't look anywhere near as good and that showed in the finals

Dandenong always have good H&A seasons because they have hardly any kids with school football where as a club like Sandy had, what, 6/7 of there best 22 out each week due to school footy?

Not really interested in Battle TBH.

Seems like a poor version of Laverde.

God knows how good (or not) he ends up but I don't think it's a fair or accurate comparison.

I'd frame him as similar to Darling/Schulz/Kersten. On the shorter side but still effective because they hit up at the footy, mark well in front of their face and kick straight.

Gippy Power had 3 in the top 5 back in 2005 which was an honourable feat (Pendles, Daisy and Xellis).

God knows how good (or not) he ends up but I don't think it's a fair or accurate comparison.

I'd frame him as similar to Darling/Schulz/Kersten. On the shorter side but still effective because they hit up at the footy, mark well in front of their face and kick straight.

Was probably being a bit unfair when I said I wasn't interested. I'd clarify to say that at pick 20 (or 21,22 depending on academy selections) I suspect there will be some players available that I would prefer.

At 29? Yep, all over him.

As for the comparison, why is it unfair? Similar heights, both known for their athletic ability, both competing for a third tall position in the forward line. Seems a pretty fair comparison.

Harrison Burt and Cam Polson are genuine chances as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really think that in 5 years time he'll be stationed inside the forward 50?

I know enough to know I have no idea what anyone is doing in five years.

But he is currently a forward, will enter 2017 as a forward, and if everything goes as planned, will remain a forward.

Is this the we pick Shaun Atley video?

But someone mouthed the word Atley.

And Dodo nodded ok*

*whilst watching Heppell be named captain of the under 23 side, win the Rising Star, become All-Australian, captain his club.....

Yeah makes sense, also dandys midfield was weakend late with Davies-Uniacke out

Stingrays have always had top end talent (ave. 1 first round pick every second draft or something amazing like that) but have never won the TAC Cup. Why? Because the talent returns from the APS/APP in time for finals.

Where does tonight leave X.Richards? We were all expecting him to be signed as a DFA but nothing.

Do we take the 5 picks to the draft (1, 20, 29, 41, 67) or leave one for the PSD or maybe sign X to the rookie list?

It's actually possible he'll be drafted with pick 67 depending on how the rest of the draft has gone.

Is in ripping shape BTW, saw him up close on Tuesday.

It's actually possible he'll be drafted with pick 67 depending on how the rest of the draft has gone.

Is in ripping shape BTW, saw him up close on Tuesday.
That and I think there's another DFA period over the weekend, between the draft and the rookie draft/PSD. So we could leave it and then reconsider over the weekend.

That and I think there's another DFA period over the weekend, between the draft and the rookie draft/PSD. So we could leave it and then reconsider over the weekend.

Yup....

Was probably being a bit unfair when I said I wasn't interested. I'd clarify to say that at pick 20 (or 21,22 depending on academy selections) I suspect there will be some players available that I would prefer.

At 29? Yep, all over him.

As for the comparison, why is it unfair? Similar heights, both known for their athletic ability, both competing for a third tall position in the forward line. Seems a pretty fair comparison.

Battle was very good in the endurance tests but poor for the more explosive ones (leap, sprint etc.) whereas you would call them strengths for Jayden, not known for endurance but can jump and sprint and change direction.

Main difference I think is that despite height Laverde plays small, Battle definitely doesn't, if we pick him he'll be thinking 'I want to play centre half forward next year'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back