List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need another winger? Kam is being squeezed out, and I don't think Langdon jumps the queue

Also isn't he off to the Dees anyway (tbh haven't been paying attention to him in recent weeks)
Not saying we get Langdon.Your right we don't need another winger.Just think whatever Feel get for Langdon is about what we should for Macca

just listened to the Barrett BEllis compo meltdown...wow, he really does have NFI. So anti-Richmond its not funny. Can't get past the fact that its irrelevant we're Richmond and have won a flag. Those are the rules. What a knob.

Yeah. With all these bleaters it’s like it’s Richmond’s fault. Forget that these are the rules etc. No it’s just Richmond.

Didn’t hear all this bs when Hawthorn were dominating and were landing Frawley etc or the Swans with Franklin and co.

The salt about our club is off the charts.

*** all of them again next year.

Damo saying we will get end of second round pick I swear if the afl fu** us over after giving a first for fatlop it’s a joke
afl hates richmond
The salt from Barrett on trade radio about the Bellis Compo is gold.

Alot of people seriously underating Bellis. Thankfully Gold Coast aren't.
Luv it.
No salt when Lycett went to the crows or fatlop to power.
But when we get similar with Ellis the salt pours.

just listened to the Barrett BEllis compo meltdown...wow, he really does have NFI. So anti-Richmond its not funny. Can't get past the fact that its irrelevant we're Richmond and have won a flag. Those are the rules. What a knob.

Yep, tipped against us in the prelim and granny. Wants us to fail so he can write click bait articles.
This time tomorrow we will know what pick we get for Ellis. Will enjoy the melts from others if it’s pick 20, but in reality I’d back our recruiters to find a good player that suits our game style and club culture with a later pick anyway.

Yeah. With all these bleaters it’s like it’s Richmond’s fault. Forget that these are the rules etc. No it’s just Richmond.

Didn’t hear all this bs when Hawthorn were dominating and were landing Frawley etc or the Swans with Franklin and co.

The salt about our club is off the charts.

*** all of them again next year.
I think he and a few others will literally explode if we go back to back.

Was Barrett talking from his own opinion that we should get a second or did he seem to have some mail?

Don’t think it would surprise anyone to see the AFL just fudge it and give us a second round pick even if we clearly qualify for a first.

Regarding the Brandon Ellis compensation, should there actually be any argument here? Whatever the new club pays should then translate to X draft pick, correct? It shouldn't be a discussion.

Here's some things to consider when it comes to people like Damian Barrett claiming it's "unfair":

- We are losing a player we have invested close to 200 games in and who is a part of (and therefore a contributing factor to) us winning two premierships.
- We are strong at the present because of the team we have built. Yes, built. We have done what all other teams have done by bringing in free agents but, just like other teams, have drafted and developed our own players. A lot of these players played in the 2013 EF. We created a team and worked tirelessly to get conditions (both cultural and financial) to be able to get guys like Lynch in, none of it was handed to us, ever!
- To consider the above and then say, just because we are currently strong onfield, that we shouldn't deserve a first rounder for Ellis, you are basically saying we should now be penalised for success. Consider that: they want to encourage mediocrity, rather than reward us for where we've got to (if we're considering details outside of what should simply be a no-discussion, Y pay = X compo draft pick discussion, then let's not forget we built this team during and after heavily compromised drafts) on our own two feet.
- By penalising us due to our own current (self-earned) success, you indirectly reward other clubs by improving their draft position.
- Had we lost to the Cats in the Prelim, would this currently even be a discussion?

Based on this, or TLDR, Barrett is an idiot and has a very narrow view on things. If we get anything less than pick 20 we'll have been horribly short-changed for Ellis, not even a discussion.

If we do indeed get pick 20 for Ellis we should look to package it with 19 to get a higher pick imo
No, but we should be looking to package up our 2nd rounder with Gold Costs 3rd rounder to move up into the 20s
I don't think we'll have 4 senior spots to fill after rookie promotions

Not saying we get Langdon.Your right we don't need another winger.Just think whatever Feel get for Langdon is about what we should for Macca

It will be ballpark, and I reckon both are 40+ given what's out there this season

I don't see picking a specific 'name' as all that relevant - the best 22 is dynamic, it changes consistently due to injuries etc.

If I had to pick a name out of the grand final lineup, I'd say Ellis is a more like-for-like swap and Stack would replace someone like Baker, Short or Castagna.

Also the last bolded bit is very unrichmond - we need to stop talking about 'depth' as if they are less important than the best 22 - because the best 22 is dynamic and changing, the 23-28 players are just as important. The rest are development.

That is an each way bet lol.

He's "best 22", but the 22 is a list of 40.

OK.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not this year. Clear top 3 elite players (2 then another maybe). Then a long stretch of very good players to maybe pick 20. Then a long group out beyond pick 40 of good draft picks (maybe to 60 depending on the draft 'guru'). So trading up from picks 19 and 20 will be to picks of about the same quality.

In a normal year definitely worth it to get that A grade talent. But this year it sounds like B+ grade talent is very deep, and A grade not so deep. So go for 2 instead of one slightly better option.

well sooooorrryyyyyyyy

If we do indeed get pick 20 for Ellis we should look to package it with 19 to get a higher pick imo

Sit on them and see what happens on draft night. I don’t think it’s worth while moving up this year and something good could come our way on the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was Barrett talking from his own opinion that we should get a second or did he seem to have some mail?

Don’t think it would surprise anyone to see the AFL just fudge it and give us a second round pick even if we clearly qualify for a first.
His opinion.
Doesn't know the formula of the outcome of the compo yet feels the need to speak out without knowing the facts.
Do your research flogett.

I have never listened to the trade radio show , but are you allowed to ring in ? Someone should call in & remind him re the Eagles winning the flag & then getting a end of 1st round compo pick for Lycett !

Then if he wants to go further remind him how when we last finished down the bottom our first pick was pick 6 (Conca) due to all the new clubs getting the early picks just cause they were new , how was that fair ?

Didn’t the Dees hey pick 2 for Frawley going to the Hawks ? Etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back