List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of Bontempelli, the kid is the best draftee we've had since Chris Grant - that Richmond game was just incredible.

We're more experimenting with the medium and small set up. We drafted Ben Cavarra with the intention of him coming in as that small pressure forward with elite pace, but he's struggled with various injuries this year. Hopefully we see what he can do in 2020. Otherwise there's Bailey Dale recently finding his way in, Rhylee West debuted up forward and did relatively well, Sammy Lloyd has been incredible for us, plus a few others who have had some time up forward to lesser success (McLean especially). There's a lot to figure out, with Naughton + Lloyd being the only locks for our forward line right now (plus maybe Schache).

Definitely feel like we need a bigger body to take some of the attention away from Naughton though. In our first Freo game this year, he just got smashed around by Pearce and Hamling, with no repercussions from the umpires, so he really struggled. This is where I can see us trying to pick up another out of favour key forward to try share some of the load over the next year or two while Naughton keeps growing

What would you want for one of our talls assuming you are trying to suggest something??

I see people mentioning Alex Keath and at a fair price I think he makes a lot of sense for us providing you could satisfactorily explain why his strong early season form has dropped away. Trade a pick in the 30's for him. Maybe offer 3 years at $350k if we can afford that. He has played less than 30 AFL matches despite being 28 at the start of next season so he could have 5 or more decent years left in him. He is listed 197cm, so could play on the big blokes. It wouldn't kill us if he plays some time in the reserves on that contract, but I don't think I'd be offering any more than that. Go to the draft and get at least one key defender as well and we would suddenly be well stocked in that area. Releases Balta and that needs doing.

I see people mentioning Alex Keath and at a fair price I think he makes a lot of sense for us providing you could satisfactorily explain why his strong early season form has dropped away. Trade a pick in the 30's for him. Maybe offer 3 years at $350k if we can afford that. He has played less than 30 AFL matches despite being 28 at the start of next season so he could have 5 or more decent years left in him. He is listed 197cm, so could play on the big blokes. It wouldn't kill us if he plays some time in the reserves on that contract, but I don't think I'd be offering any more than that. Go to the draft and get at least one key defender as well and we would suddenly be well stocked in that area. Releases Balta and that needs doing.
Wholeheartedly agree with this, I'm not as bullish on Keath as the general football public but would take him for that kind of deal, that being said I'm pretty sure he will get bigger offers, the draw card would be our club culture and big games at the G.

No one else apart from that muppet Tony Sheahan has reported that Rance is retiring, or have I missed something?
A reputable poster on the Hawks board also suggested retirement was likely, but today's reports have me a lot more confident that Racey will be around next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sat with this young lads family on the weekend. Looks an absolute gun and could of kicked ten. A Cannons boy as well. THE_GUN have you come across the name Jake Riccardi

Sat with this young lads family on the weekend. Looks an absolute gun and could of kicked ten. A Cannons boy as well. THE_GUN have you come across the name Jake Riccardi

Cant say i know much about him apart from seeing his name mentioned in a few phantom drafts last year i wonder if he is any relation to the geelong's Peter Riccardi but the article looks like he knows where the goals are. will watch out for him now but dont get to many vfl games lately

Cant say i know much about him apart from seeing his name mentioned in a few phantom drafts last year i wonder if he is any relation to the geelong's Peter Riccardi but the article looks like he knows where the goals are. will watch out for him now but dont get to many vfl games lately
Our record had his name misspelt so I never bothered asking his uncles or Dad. I’ve just texted uncle Leo now as he’s a long time friend .

You should watch more of him. Few of us on the Dogs board were really hoping we'd draft him mid season, but no luck. The dude is a level above the rest and has been kicking bags all year

You should watch more of him. Few of us on the Dogs board were really hoping we'd draft him mid season, but no luck. The dude is a level above the rest and has been kicking bags all year
Yes he’s now got the phone ringing from clubs. Uncle Leo texted me earlier in the week:

It was great to see you ...
Interest from the Pies, Roos , Cats and Swans ... but as they say it’s not over until the “fat lady sings “
See you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back