List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably trade Lynch to Lions for a F1 if he wanted to go.
Disappointed World Cup GIF by Goldmaster

This attitude of If they arent in our next premiership team trade them has been proven wrong that many times its crazy

Go and listen to the team speak after the 2017 flag and how much guys like Troy Chaplin, Brad Miller, Ben Cousins, Ivan Maric etc helped them get to that flag

Lynch is vital to our development and culture and that contributes to the next flag end of story
Clapping Applause GIF

LIONS' LIMITS AFTER JOE BLOW​

BRISBANE is limited on how it can approach replacing retiring star Joe Daniher given its need to trade pick 18 for draft picks to match bids on Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall.

Aside from the key forward market being bare, Daniher's exit after the Lions' Grand Final comes as the club's first pick is being put up for sale for more draft picks so they can match bids on father-son Ashcroft and Academy talent Marshall at November's Telstra AFL Draft.

Richmond is one of the clubs targeting Brisbane's pick 18, with the Tigers having ample later picks to bolster the Lions' draft hand. If a bid comes on Ashcroft in the top five and Marshall in the top 20, it will stretch Brisbane's points.

But the pair's arrival will make it difficult for the Lions to make any late play for a key forward of high-end quality to help fill the void left by Daniher, who kicked 58 goals this season and had a brilliant finals series for Brisbane.

Tiger Tom Lynch has continued to be linked as a trade target with one year to run on his contract but has pledged his future to Richmond, while the likes of Tim Membrey, Sam Day, Matt Taberner, Levi Casboult, Josh Schache and Matt Allison are among the tall forwards to have been either delisted or be without contracts for next year at their clubs.

Adelaide's Lachie Gollant, who had interest from North Melbourne last year, remains unsigned, while Bomber Sam Weideman, Magpie Nathan Kreuger and Saint Jack Hayes are also without deals.

Last year the Lions traded in mid-season recruit and ruck/forward Brandon Ryan in the middle of the trade period when Jack Gunston requested a trade back to Hawthorn. – Callum Twomey

sounds like we are favourites for brisbanes pick 18

LIONS' LIMITS AFTER JOE BLOW​

BRISBANE is limited on how it can approach replacing retiring star Joe Daniher given its need to trade pick 18 for draft picks to match bids on Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall.

Aside from the key forward market being bare, Daniher's exit after the Lions' Grand Final comes as the club's first pick is being put up for sale for more draft picks so they can match bids on father-son Ashcroft and Academy talent Marshall at November's Telstra AFL Draft.

Richmond is one of the clubs targeting Brisbane's pick 18, with the Tigers having ample later picks to bolster the Lions' draft hand. If a bid comes on Ashcroft in the top five and Marshall in the top 20, it will stretch Brisbane's points.

But the pair's arrival will make it difficult for the Lions to make any late play for a key forward of high-end quality to help fill the void left by Daniher, who kicked 58 goals this season and had a brilliant finals series for Brisbane.

Tiger Tom Lynch has continued to be linked as a trade target with one year to run on his contract but has pledged his future to Richmond, while the likes of Tim Membrey, Sam Day, Matt Taberner, Levi Casboult, Josh Schache and Matt Allison are among the tall forwards to have been either delisted or be without contracts for next year at their clubs.

Adelaide's Lachie Gollant, who had interest from North Melbourne last year, remains unsigned, while Bomber Sam Weideman, Magpie Nathan Kreuger and Saint Jack Hayes are also without deals.

Last year the Lions traded in mid-season recruit and ruck/forward Brandon Ryan in the middle of the trade period when Jack Gunston requested a trade back to Hawthorn. – Callum Twomey

sounds like we are favourites for brisbanes pick 18

Lynch isn’t going anywhere

Absent us ponying up plenty, the $1.3m for him next year is basically prohibitive, anyway.

it’s not even worth considering. We need him especially his leadership and he’s going to get paid

If he asked for a trade that’s when I’d be farrrking worried

Nothing to gain by trading Lynch to Brisbane

Dont get me wrong i would trade him in a minute but the brisbane deal just wont happen

• Brisbane dont have any picks to trade both in 2024 & 2025 as they are all going to academy picks
  • We will get #19 already from them with the pick trade
  • Lynch wont go interstate
  • Its Melbourne or Richmond for Lynch 95% Richmond 4% Melbourne 1 % Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absent us ponying up plenty, the $1.3m for him next year is basically prohibitive, anyway.
I would pay it to.

Nothing against Lynch but it is a team game and we need to develop as a team going int he same direction as much as possible with not many individuals being worshipped

good teams means everybody are leaders

no I am not rolling because newsflash, Lynch is in his thirties, we are not in a current window and I am all about winning premierships ahead and see 2025 as opportunity and developemnt for RFC and others thinking otherwise are counterproductive helping us finishing ninth and becoming Freo

our youngsters are not as useless and babies as yyou mkae out. Who won the Norm Smith this year?
I hear you and I want premierships too.

You wanna know why Ashcroft won it? Look how the kid lives his life. Dedication to being a professional athlete rivals almost everyone in the comp already. Same reason a player like N.Daicos has excelled from a young age.

Our young players do not have anywhere near the level of dedication or football ability those two players have. And look they are not to blame. Making the AFL is a huge achievement in its own right. But that level of dedication, football ability and athletic ability is rare, that’s why both those players went high in their drafts and are stars of the comp already.

none of our young players share those qualities. (Gibcus aside)

there are a few players in this years draft that might have a similar projection and automatically make the side that drafts them a better team. But they still need wise senior heads to bounce ideas and protect them. Daicos and Ashcroft did.

I just worry about him having injury riddled season & it being a waste again.

There’s a chance.

But he provides so much on and off the field.

Also, this will, touch wood, be the first pre season he’s been able to do in a long time. So hopefully he will get his body right. He's already started running and lifting.

If he’s fit, we are competitive. Which is okay but what he does provide to our soon to be very young list is extremely high end leadership.

I hear you and I want premierships too.

You wanna know why Ashcroft won it? Look how the kid lives his life. Dedication to being a professional athlete rivals almost everyone in the comp already. Same reason a player like N.Daicos has excelled from a young age.

Our young players do not have anywhere near the level of dedication or football ability those two players have. And look they are not to blame. Making the AFL is a huge achievement in its own right. But that level of dedication, football ability and athletic ability is rare, that’s why both those players went high in their drafts and are stars of the comp already.

none of our young players share those qualities. (Gibcus aside)

there are a few players in this years draft that might have a similar projection and automatically make the side that drafts them a better team. But they still need wise senior heads to bounce ideas and protect them. Daicos and Ashcroft did.
the point is we should not be holding Lynch just for gym and training, we have coaches and others for that.

The other thing is the new top draftees will bring in their own leadership to, they are not 13 year olds and they can help lead from the bottom up.

These new youngsters have not won a premiership and will want to win one and more and should have plenty of drive and enthusiasm.

we are gong through a cycle, it will not last forever, but it will help us get out better the other side when we rise

RFC is screaming out for rejuvenation, a revolving door is not a bad thing if you do not whack them as they come in and out, it helps freshen up the place and keeps things vibrant and avoids stagnation

Adelaide have done very well to get Cummings and Peatling. Very good depth.

I’ll say this about Pick 12 from GC.

They want to trade this into next years draft.

Collingwood have offered Noble and a F1 for Pick 12 and a late pick or pick swap. I think that deal is ideal for GC and the way they are thinking.

We should aim for Pick 6 and Pick 20. Pick 12 is not able to be obtained for us.

What are the rules around trading future picks? I always thought you couldn’t trade a future pick if you traded future picks the year before. Like the pies did last year. Is it because they are receiving another first pick back if they get 12?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What are the rules around trading future picks? I always thought you couldn’t trade a future pick if you traded future picks the year before. Like the pies did last year. Is it because they are receiving another first pick back if they get 12?

Yes as they are receiving one they will be ok but if they trade it they may need exemption from the league.

They will try for Houston.

I believe you have to use 2 in 4 years cycle
2022 they got Daicos & Allan so may be ok

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back