List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. 2 separate deals last year and now this years deal losing another 2nd.

Brisbane traded us their 3rd round pick which was pick 37 (now 38) atm likely pushed back further by compo.
2016 trade:

IN: Brisbane Lions’ third and fourth-round picks (as part of Jack Frost deal swap of 3rd rounders)

OUT: Second-round pick (to GWS for Will Hoskin-Elliott)

2017 draft

Pies in: Murray, 2018 3rd round, pick 70 2017.

Out: Pies 2nd round 2018.

Right, but pick 38 (or whatever) is ours now. We gave it away for Murray, so whatever we could have picked up for that will need to be shitter than Murray to make us all feel better.

Sydney have screwed us over COLA.

EDIT: never mind, someone explained it to me.

"Barely touching it in the NEAFL" is wrong.

18 games this year averaging 22 disposals per match off hbf. NEAFL team of the year. Yeah, the NEAFL is a lesser league but he was going more than alright.

A Bex and a lie down might help.

I think some on here also need to realise that a rookie in Sydney is not quite the same as a rookie down in Melbourne due to their surplus of top young talent in Academy and Priority Zone players. If you look at Swans players like Nic Newman and George Hewett you will see that development for a couple of years in the NEAFL is a typical pathway to their best 22. Hewett finished top 5 in their B&F this year. Only 2 years ago he was coming off two full seasons in the NEAFL without getting a single senior game. Similar story with Newman. Both ended up in NEAFL Team of the Year (like Murray this year) and were subsequently elevated into Swans best 22 playing finals footy.

Needs based - Murray fits the bill for us. Overs? Time will tell.

No. 2 separate deals last year and now this years deal losing another 2nd.

Brisbane traded us their 3rd round pick which was pick 37 (now 38) atm likely pushed back further by compo.
2016 trade:

IN: Brisbane Lions’ third and fourth-round picks (as part of Jack Frost deal swap of 3rd rounders)

OUT: Second-round pick (to GWS for Will Hoskin-Elliott)

2017 draft

Pies in: Murray, 2018 3rd round, pick 70 2017.

Out: Pies 2nd round 2018.
From the AFL web site it doesn’t look like pick 70 is involved at all.

sideswipe not sure you know much about th ekick to kick competition that is the neafl. GWS youngster regularly picking up 50 touches a game.
this kid has a pretty ordinary footy pedigree. to put it into perspective, we gave away marley William for pick 105, and replace him effectively with this kid and give away pick 37. madness
I know nothing about the NEAFL. But I do know that it is safe to say that anyone picked in the team of the year of a particular league has done more than "barely touch" it. That was your line.

How many DFA's you think we will take.

So we have put all our eggs in the "Get Lynch Basket'.
What happens if we dont get him?????
The club has stopped thinking about the future based on the HOPE that we get Lynch next year.
The club has No Idea.

Part of me hopes that we do not get Lynch so the people responsible for this trade period can all GAGF.

Is Collingwood telling us that out of the plethora of mids we have.. we do not have one we can transform into a defender.. so we go out and splurge our pick 20 on a b grade rookie?

This rivals the Mayne deal no doubt.

Giving up pick 20s in a super draft for a speculative back flanker.. unbelievable!

So Daniher and Stewart were capable of doing it ^^ this year but not next?
Add another to the equation and you can have issues. There was a knock on Schache's workrate and in the games I watched Stewart play, I wasn't super impressed with him on the reset. I thought it would have been a fair leap of faith had they taken him. In the end, doesn't matter. Opinions are like.......yeah you know the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add another to the equation and you can have issues. There was a knock on Schache's workrate and in the games I watched Stewart play, I wasn't super impressed with him on the reset. I thought it would have been a fair leap of faith had they taken him. In the end, doesn't matter. Opinions are like.......yeah you know the rest.

Schache will struggle at any club if his heads not right.

Overall I agree that it would of been a tall fwd 50 but not sure it couldn't work so long as they could extract Schaches digit.

Is Collingwood telling us that out of the plethora of mids we have.. we do not have one we can transform into a defender.. so we go out and splurge our pick 20 on a b grade rookie?

This rivals the Mayne deal no doubt.

Giving up pick 20s in a super draft for a speculative back flanker.. unbelievable!

Judging by that video, we don't have any with the line breaking potential of that kid. Judging by that video, there aren't many in the league who have the line breaking potential of that kid. Get excited, I say.

My thoughts are simple:

There's no way we would have suffered in 2018 without Murray on our list - for this reason, we had no need to give up so much for a him.

Surely we could have offered up Pick 38 in this years draft as a take it or leave it offer?

Sydney would have taken it...

Better to give that up, than to give up likely pick 23 in a super draft

Judging by that video, we don't have any with the line breaking potential of that kid. Judging by that video, there aren't many in the league who have the line breaking potential of that kid. Get excited, I say.

Hes got some wheeels

Well next year is going to be very interesting, considering this trade period we havent remedied any of the list issues we have, or strengthed the poor areas on field.
Not sure what the stratergy or thinking was going into the trade period, but internally the list must be highly rated to those external. To me the current list is not good enough to play finals, hence why l thought we would look at some viable options this trade period. I hope l am wrong about next year and we can play finals, but l think the weaknesses we had pre trade remain post trade.
Talk about running the gauntlet, well Bucks will be doing that again next year. lm feeling the club loves putting this guy under the pump, as he will have his work cut out next year. He will basically have the same list next season so he will need to get each player to improve that 3-5% in order to make finals. Whoa!!!!

Which leads to the underlying issue in why players don't want to choose us (unless they are part of dads army looking for one last huge contract to boost their super payout in which we promptly comply). Is it because they think/know we are a basket case?

I'm sure Schache would have taken a chance with us. But then again the muppets in charge in that department would have given away this years and next years 1st round draft picks to secure him.

Collingwood should just ban themselves from trade period full stop. They have shown that they don't have any idea.
In order to nominate a club, the player must be fairly confident that the club has the means with which to get them but also be going hard in order to get the player to the club.
Some were hoping that we had a decent crack at players and that hope unfortunately turned into certainty that we were having a crack. Then comes the disappointed when no player nominates us.

From the AFL web site it doesn’t look like pick 70 is involved at all.
No, just a swap of picks. Our 2nd round next year (around pick 25-ish :() and get their 3 round ( around 45-ish).

The ONLY way this trade could have been improved is if we also had given them a gun player..... (Mayne !!!!;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back