List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEAFL is better than many are making out.

I do agree though that it stings to give up a 2nd rounder in a supposedly strong year for a player with no exposed form at AFL level.

Either way, I'll be supporting the kid and the club and hoping it all turns out well.

What chance has Buckley got when we keen doing stupid shit like this. Aish, Mayne, Wells and now this. He may as well resign.
Yep and the guy is all class, never hear him bitching or blaming others even though it is their fault, privately I'm sure it's a different matter, he would be frustrated beyond belief

Are you telling we don't have any quick player's.. I mean how friggen quick can a footballer get ffs. Generally speaking there's enough players in your side to break the lines.

Treloar is the only one with the speed, awareness and sidestep to run and carry like that at any level. If he can translate it to AFL, he'll be a weapon.

Didn't mind it. Basically just saying our stocks in the "small to medium" defender role are very poor, which couldn't have been more true.

I agree and Murray helps with that but Still the PRICE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree and Murray helps with that but Still the PRICE

I'd say the price will look more reasonable when Sinclair does retire.

Even if he's not best 22 at the start of the year, he's going to be decent back up behind... wait... we've got no one he's behind. He's probably going to be best 22.

If he's a poor kick of the footy- this board will absolutely turn vile on Hine and co.

I don't care how fast he runs.
If I start seeing helicopters and hang times on kicks, I'll lose my shit.

You'd think they would have learned by now that we need premium kicks of the footy.

COLLINGWOOD

Who Left: N/A

Who Arrived: Sam Murray (Sydney Swans)

Draft Picks: 6, 38, 56, 61, 80, 98

Champion Data says: “Even I had to go to the database to look up what Sam Murray did this year. You always take NEAFL numbers with a grain of salt, but even they weren’t that impressive. Nothing that said to us that he was worth a second-round pick.”

Chris Pelchen says: “In recruiting circles it was well known that Collingwood liked Sam Murray. They like the fact that he’s got speed and can move in different positions. He’s a speculative pick ... while they were very quiet this year, the last two or three years they’ve been so active, I think it was important they were a little bit quieter. They need to move forward through the draft ... and I would’ve preferred they traded a player or two out.”

Grade: C

That Putting it Very Nicely

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/c5968ddd7e780078a5cc09b42ce05e82

If he's a poor kick of the footy- this board will absolutely turn vile on Hine and co.

I don't care how fast he runs.
If I start seeing helicopters and hang times on kicks, I'll lose my shit.

You'd think they would have learned by now that we need premium kicks of the footy.
I can deal with a Jayden Hunt clone

Treloar is the only one with the speed, awareness and sidestep to run and carry like that at any level. If he can translate it to AFL, he'll be a weapon.

Yeah if he develops to be anything like Jayden Hunt that would be great. Having the speed to take the game on is invaluable and something we severely lack.

I’m sure the club have been into Murray for a few months now. They obviously feel he can add something to the team if you have Eddie meeting with him in Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back