List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an exaggeration.

He was getting a touch in the NEAFL. That's why he made the team of the year and why Sydney wanted to retain him on their primary list.

And yes, we gave up a second rounder but got a third in return as well as a fourth.

I'm not saying the deal looks great, but none of us have any idea how good, or bad, this kid is. We're really not in a position to judge the deal at this point. I'm surprised by what we gave up, but not angry. I'm now more excited/interested to see what Murray will bring to the team, because we seem to rate him as a real prospect and a potential best 22 player in 2018.

If the deal had simply been an exchange of very late picks, then it looks like we've picked up a hail Mary option, just hoping he'll develop into something. With Murray, we clearly think we have more than that. Before rubbishing the deal, I'm willing to see if that's the case.
No afl listed players can make that team. He a cat b rookie so eligible. He averaged 22 touches across the season but in matches against top 4 opposition he averaged 14. He didn't rate a mention in the finals when there was some real competition. The standard of the competition is poor, and the difference between good and bad teams is enormous.
A half back can play loose in that situation and not be found out. He was found wanting in the final he played. Dan Robinson can't get a game in the firsts but totally dominates the competition
Tomlinson picked up and average of 38 touches off a half back when he played in it.
We have paid the same price for Lymch that Essendon paid for Saad and freo paid for Wilson!!!!!!!!!
It is going to go down as one of the silliest trades we have done.( regardless of how he turns out because it should have been a 4 th round price at most)

And if we have a player in mind at one of those picks we lose that player so effectively it's correct, it's not a great deal but you don't have to commit hari kari either

If...

No afl listed players can make that team. He a cat b rookie so eligible. He averaged 22 touches across the season but in matches against top 4 opposition he averaged 14. He didn't rate a mention in the finals when there was some real competition. The standard of the competition is poor, and the difference between good and bad teams is enormous.
A half back can play loose in that situation and not be found out. He was found wanting in the final he played. Dan Robinson can't get a game in the firsts but totally dominates the competition
Tomlinson picked up and average of 38 touches off a half back when he played in it.
We have paid the same price for Lymch that Essendon paid for Saad and freo paid for Wilson!!!!!!!!!
It is going to go down as one of the silliest trades we have done.( regardless of how he turns out because it should have been a 4 th round price at most)

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-05/not-good-enough-for-tac-cup-now-a-draft-smokey-murray-in-the-mix

Thats a better apprenticeship then tac cup. This kid could be very good for us

There’s a top five at the Pies that won’t be traded.
That leaves fringe and spuds.
As usual during trade period, no one comes calling for our spuds and fringe players.
Why would they? This is the assembled list of the messiah Buckley. I wouldn’t come calling as there isn’t much that would improve a Premiership contender in our list.
And as the trade days drag on, we become desperate to gain a headline. Any headline.
Because the headline is reinforcement that the club is doing something for the faithful.
It appears we have our headline.
While I have nothing against the player, wish him all the success in our famous Black and White stripes, I feel the desperation of a last minute trade to sate the memberships desire for the headline reeks of Eddie interference.
The last half decade has made me expect nothing less.

If our Salary cap is 95% next season, what is the highest % we can pay in 2019?

Hearing a massive (Massive) front ended contract for T.L

Just not sure if his mail has any cred

Front end it as our yoyng guns want more hes is dtoppung down as would pendles etc clever. Makes to much sense

After winning a flag many of our players became overrated and we were able to trade the likes of Dawes, Lumumba, Beams etc. for good returns (albeit that we would have preferred to keep Beams).

Five years out of finals, and our players just don’t have any currency, and our list manager/s would have their pants pulled down by anyone with an apprenticeship in trading Scanlens footy cards.

Murray has speed and is a run and carry player who can break the lines, something we lack.
I really hope he makes it next year and shows why we were keen to sign him..

Have you ever seen Mullet play? Lol

Would I be right in saying that because we have trade next years 2nd pick we are not allowed to trade our 1st next year. If that is right and we are going to chase Lynch next year, what happens if GCS match our offer to Lynch and we have to trade?

No, next year we can trade out our first pick. You just can't "future trade first and second round picks".

Perfect example: Hawthorn traded out their 2017 first round pick last year, however traded their second pick this year for Impey.

I think I got it now, Sydney will pay part of his salary.:p

Actually nothing to do with the young man and now since he is one of ours, I really hope he succeeds but just basing it on some of the trades by other clubs I am just sick of giving up high picks and think that we could have done the deal for a lower one.

Just hope for the best.
This is probably why we've gone and appointed Ned Guy...we need an astute and shrewd operator at the trade table....I don't think opposition club recruiters take us serious ATM....think Ned will make a big impact this time next year.

105%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably why we've gone and appointed Ned Guy...we need an astute and shrewd operator at the trade table....I don't think opposition club recruiters take us serious ATM....think Ned will make a big impact this time next year.
This trade period has definately vindicated the Ned Guy appointment without him even doing anything. Hine just doesn't cut it at the trade table, looking forward to the change .

Like many I'm not upset we got him, his type is a need, just pissed off with the cost.

I can see him being potentially like Caolan Mooney. Great speed, willing to take the game on but I wonder about awareness at AFL level.

He was found wanting in the final he played.

While he mustn’t have been dominant, he was actually quoted as one of the Swan’s best in the Elimination final.

“In the best handful for the Swans. 16 possessions and did good work at both ends.”

They did the deal so far more likely than not, at least they seem to think so, they may have their eyes on a few, I have, Miller Farrell Paton, there's a few that could end up that Langdon pick that pays off

105, but we have to be at 95% the previous two seasons. Front loaded contract offer makes sense especially if we only officially table a 2 year offer, which would allow us to go again via free agency (unrestricted) in 2020 should GC match and a trade can't be done.

Which leads to the underlying issue in why players don't want to choose us (unless they are part of dads army looking for one last huge contract to boost their super payout in which we promptly comply). Is it because they think/know we are a basket case?

I'm sure Schache would have taken a chance with us. But then again the muppets in charge in that department would have given away this years and next years 1st round draft picks to secure him.

Collingwood should just ban themselves from trade period full stop. They have shown that they don't have any idea.
Players managers pick clubs that are interested and offer $$$$$$$$

Unsure if we need high paid average types. Exhibit A: Chris Mayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back