List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun pick 25 has yielded the following:
2012: S White
2013: D McStay
2014: D Nielson
2015: J Dunkley
2016: B Long

Also, unless I’m mistaken it has only been in the last couple of years that 2013 was proclaimed a ‘superdraft’. I’m fairly certain they weren’t talking in 2012 of it being one of the best.

DMfgHbsV4AAO7dk.jpg:large
buckenara seems a bit of a moron so this might be good news

who's the academy player?
That's beyond my pay grade.

I'm just reporting what I saw.

I'll take his word for it. But who realy knows.

All I know is we have Sam Murray and about 40 odd other players.

So Derek Hine sits across a table from Beatson.

Derek says: "We'd like to trade for Sam Murray."

Beatson says: "Who?"

Some low level Sydney nuffie whispers to Beatson: "He's a Cat B rookie"

Derek says to some low level Pie nuffie: "Candy from a baby, he doesn't even know who he is".

Beatson says: "Well he's integral to our list going fwd. You can tell that by the way we were only going to offer him a third year rookie contract."

Derek says: "Ok we'll give you our 2017 4th round pick"

Beatson: "That's not good enough, you finished in the lower half of the league, that's really like a second round pick then".

Derek: "Fair point, ok we'll give you our second round pick but we're not stupid, it has to be in next years draft. Plus we want your 3rd round pick next year & pick 70 this year so it fools the plebs into thinking we did something."

Beatson: " Done deal".

Hine: Suckers!

Beatson: It's like playing whack a mole!

giphy.gif

Just for fun pick 25 has yielded the following:
2012: S White - 26 Jack Viney (FS)
2013: D McStay - 26 Zach Merrett
2014: D Nielson - 24 Jack Steele - 26 Toby McLean
2015: J Dunkley - 24 Ben Keayes
2016: B Long - 23 Witherden

Also, unless I’m mistaken it has only been in the last couple of years that 2013 was proclaimed a ‘superdraft’. I’m fairly certain they weren’t talking in 2012 of it being one of the best.
So lets look either side of each of the pick 25, some handy players there

So lets look either side of each of the pick 25, some handy players there

Academy player and father son there. Unless we perform worse then under 25 is not available. So Zach Merrett is the one player in five drafts.

We can also look 23-29 and I think you’ll find the % of strong players selected over the years is not that high.

All I was pointing out is that there are no real guarantees. I used 25 because that’s what we have been melting over.

Who in the hell is this unknown academy kid who is going to be bid at least in round 2 next year? How can we not know who this player is?

Who is Luke Kelly? I'm assuming Ned's kid. How come I've never heard of him? Who's he play for in juniors?

What the hell is going on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Academy player and father son there. Unless we perform worse then under 25 is not available. So Zach Merrett is the one player in five drafts.

We can also look 23-29 and I think you’ll find the % of strong players selected over the years is not that high.

All I was pointing out is that there are no real guarantees. I used 25 because that’s what we have been melting over.
I know, but with the draft you can always manipulate numbers and selections to support an argument, it's not an exact science but is certainly perceived as one from a supporter base.

For me, there's no confidence in what we did was right. I have no confidence that Murray fills an absolute need and am concerned that the trade currency used was no where near what should've been used to secure a player that as GC mentioned in another thread, is hardly banging down the door of another AFL club.

I'm not buying into it, good luck to him but let's be honest, there is nothing to suggest that Murray walks into a best 22 side and plays the season out. Losing a second round pick in next years draft, regardless of super draft or not, will put us further behind the 8 ball.

Who in the hell is this unknown academy kid who is going to be bid at least in round 2 next year? How can we not know who this player is?

Who is Luke Kelly? I'm assuming Ned's kid. How come I've never heard of him? Who's he play for in juniors?

And why have we only seen a highlights video
Someone quickly put together a clanger video so we can all melt properly.

I know, but with the draft you can always manipulate numbers and selections to support an argument, it's not an exact science but is certainly perceived as one from a supporter base.

For me, there's no confidence in what we did was right. I have no confidence that Murray fills an absolute need and am concerned that the trade currency used was no where near what should've been used to secure a player that as GC mentioned in another thread, is hardly banging down the door of another AFL club.

I'm not buying into it, good luck to him but let's be honest, there is nothing to suggest that Murray walks into a best 22 side and plays the season out. Losing a second round pick in next years draft, regardless of super draft or not, will put us further behind the 8 ball.

Look I would have preferred to have given a 3rd rather than 2nd if necessary. But i do think this type of player is something we are lacking at the club. Someone who can take the game on with blistering place and break the lines will be a huge advantage for the team. Is Murray the guy who can do it? Well, you can’t coach speed. He has it. Hopefully he continues to develop and improve and becomes a best 22 player. The club obviously see something in him and the swans may have also. We don’t know so no use in going into meltdown over it. Also the club may have a plan for next year so I’m happy to see how it plays out before passing judgement.

And why have we only seen a highlights video
Someone quickly put together a clanger video so we can all melt properly.

Yeah I love how the highlights videos shows him fumbling and blindly running and ending in trouble. Like Matthew Lokan 2.0

M
who's the academy player?
Might be that indigenous fella Holt-Fitzs..2018???. He's in our remote zone up Nth. If someone definitvly knows we get him please post...I can't work it out, rules seem to overlap and go in circles!

Last edited:
A
Yeah I love how the highlights videos shows him fumbling and blindly running and ending in trouble. Like Matthew Lokan 2.0
Always worry when there's lots of different jumpers / teams in the highlight package!

So we have some academy kid no one seems to know about plus potential father son players next year. That suggests to me we need picks for points. Hine’s logic is we wouldn’t have our 2nd pick next year anyway because it would’ve been used for points. So we decide to gift it to Sydney instead?

Liam Holt-Fitz ? Maybe!
The zones and system are confusing.
Maybe AFL want it that way!?
Check through the next couple of pages for him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back