List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems we're not looking to improve our list through trade etc. What excuse is there in 2018 if we again perform poorly?

Our lack of action is quite dumbfounding, is our salary cap issue that bad? Incredible if so, self-inflicted.

Appears that we are very happy with our core list that has 12th and 13th for the past 3 years.
There will be plenty of excuses...
It takes up to 8 years for a coach to really feel settled in their environment
Unexpected injuries that we did not see coming to Sinclair, Varcoe, Ramsay, Broomhead and Oxley. We were really expecting a big season from these five fine players
Too much experience in the box...poor Bucks did not know with what game plan to go with
Oh shit... we thought we still had Corey Gault on our list to help Moore up forward...when we realised this oversight, we asked Blairy to step up
Adams, Crisp and Phillips have great disposal...its just that our players run to the wrong position
Sier will be a fine player for us by 2022. Just remember Rome was not built in a day

In all seriousness. I am happy with the off-field changes and the new assistant coaches. The poor state of the TPP shows just how much the club has a whole has dropped the ball over the past 3-5 years, and Pert was rightly moved on.

I am disappointed that we have not yet moved on some of our list cloggers or traded some of our middle tier players that have been here for some time (but team has not improved). Over a third of our list has been here for 4+ years but we are not trying to upgrade. We have two picks in the first 38 picks....what are we doing to improve this?

Spoke with a mate that played with his dad said he knows Sam he's quick and hard at the ball but wasn't sure if he'd make our final 22. I do like that pace outa defense

Let him break the lines and create confusion.. he does look like when he does get in open space.. they won't get anywhere near him.. my question is will he be able to do that in traffic or change direction quickly.. that's where he might get caught out.

Still would like to see someone with senior experience on our list play that spot with obviously pace.. but a bit more know how and brains.

My gut tells me this bloke looks like someone who's gonna be silly at times.. but entertaining. What we need down back.. not your Smith safe types.

Let him break the lines and create confusion.. he does look like when he does get in open space.. they won't get anywhere near him.. my question is will he be able to do that in traffic or change direction quickly.. that's where he might get caught out.

Still would like to see someone with senior experience on our list play that spot with obviously pace.. but a bit more know how and brains.

My gut tells me this bloke looks like someone who's gonna be silly at times.. but entertaining. What we need down back.. not your Smith safe types.
My mate did say he hadnt seen him play since he was drafted by the swans. Looks like he wont cost us much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming Murray has a bit of the Hunt/Johannieson about him? Move it forward 80m out of the backline directly to the opposition?

When has tackling been our forte- don’t we just madly wave our hands in the air so they dish it off only Goldy has the tackling credibility IMO
Aish, DeGoey and Adams can all tackle too... the rest are pretty bad.

My mate did say he hadnt seen him play since he was drafted by the swans. Looks like he wont cost us much

As long as they get him with the intention of having him higher in the pecking order than Smith and Ramsay.. or perhaps if this guy is a hard nut and can kick goals.. replace him with Blair.. and have him run amok in our forward line.

I can’t believe that Murray’s not yet already in next years brownlow calculations!
He may even be better than watts, saad, Smith, stringer and who ever else has somewhat earlier been linked to us..... in the moment of talking them up I mean.

Pretty sure that's already taken by the Jennifer Lawrence nudes leak!

But we can still run with that I suppose, it'd be more erotic anyway.
Taken or not, doesn't matter. It's an apt description of the reaction if we landed Lynch.
Plenty of work for emergency wards in treatment for sprains and detachments.

Aish, DeGoey and Adams can all tackle too... the rest are pretty bad.

Agree with you Royal, I was referring to our backs. JDG has rugby to thank for that, Aish has been well schooled as a junior when he played SANFL and Adams well he’s just an angry ant. What do our development coaches teach these kids.
The Club should spend some in preseason just focusing on tackling cause it’s better than just pressuring alone we get the turnovers. FWIW KK, Elliott, WHE and Darcy all tackle well. Most of our mids are ok so why is there a glaring gap in our defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back