List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with DaVe86 - Carlton have done well but given where Adelaide are within the comp Gibbs is a big in for them. If both Crouch boys stay fit, Sloane and now Gibbs that's a well balanced midfield IMO that will match and exceed any in the comp

You'd think about 25 trades will get done. The usual madness will be there at the end with all clubs realizing they have procrastinated for 2 weeks and now actually have to make decisions. Some trades won't get done due to the deadline. It's just madness. Why clubs wait until the very end is beyond me.
Standard negotiating tactic, people use time to make the other club desperate to get the deal done.

If you put a deadline on something then you are in a position of power.

There's a story about an American businessman who was sent to China to negotiate a deal. When he got to China the Chinese wined and dined him him for 3 whole days refusing to talk about the deal the whole time.

(He assumed this was a cultural thing.)

The Chinese businessmen didn't start negotiating the deal until he was in the car returning to the airport, desperate to get a deal done so he didn't get scolded by his boss. In the end he did the deal rediculously cheaply and didn't realise what the Chinese businessmen had done until he was on the plane returning home.

Time is an amazing negotiating tool.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

It's a great deal for Adelaide. They are on the cusp of a flag, why wouldn't they do it? Gibbs is remarkably durable, I can see him playing another 100 games, plus, Carlton lose one of their best players which I always like to see.

Who gives a shit about pick 10 and 16 in a weak draft anyway? Far out, this is the only sport in the world where it's better to be young than good.

It's a great deal for Adelaide. They are on the cusp of a flag, why wouldn't they do it? Gibbs is remarkably durable, I can see him playing another 100 games, plus, Carlton lose one of their best players which I always like to see.

Who gives a shit about pick 10 and 16 in a weak draft anyway? Far out, this is the only sport in the world where it's better to be young than good.

SPOT ON...

People overate picks something shocking.

As much as l like Lynch, our chances of getting him are small, and we have many holes in our list to fix. Rather use next years 1st to get two later 1st round picks this year to bring in talent that we need now.
Lynch is also impressed by Dew and what he wants to changes at Suns..........More than likely will sign a new contract and stay............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus Carlton have been getting picks for 10 years and have gotten virtually nowhere.

This is the most important thing of all, I reckon. It's like Carlton have a good players threshold. Generally they trade out their leading goal kickers, but I guess their best general player will do this year.

They shouldn't take calls today. It's hard to know who's a random caller and who's an official walking past their table sometimes.

I know some callers are borderline loopy, but if you're only half listening...

That last Adelaide fan was something out of Bay 13...:drunk:

Lynch is also impressed by Dew and what he wants to changes at Suns..........More than likely will sign a new contract and stay............
An $8m over 5 year deal was supposedly made by GCS to Lynch's management, but Lynch will sit on it until early next year to see how they are travelling

Last edited:
If Josh Schahe goes to Essendon, we better jump off a bridge. This is becoming ridiculous. Is the club really that blind to the holes in our list? I feel like this trade period most of the good teams got better. No idea how we are gonna make top 8 next year. There's no way we are making top 8 in 2019. Bucks wouldn't cope with the constant pressure much like this year.

SPOT ON...

People overate picks something shocking.

There is still something you can do with 16 instead of just giving it away. If next years draft is so amazing give 16 and Cameron for Brisbane’s 2nd pick next year and 19 this year. Essentially 19 for Cameron and swapping 16 this year for 19-22 next year. Brisbane need young guys now to develop ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back