List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide will have a LOT of picks next year in the super draft. Kept their two first rounders and Carlton’s second which is likely to be early you would think

I feel with the Murray trade that some dominoes need to fall to let it happen.

Could we be waiting on Freo to sure up their position on other trades (Wilson etc) so that we know what pick we can get from them for Ramsay which will then be involved in the trade for Murray?

Just speculating here.

Two firsts is a big big price but the trade as a whole isn't horrible the 2nd and 3rd round selections next year in a strong draft with some very strong SA Candidates probably helps the crows presuming the scum finish near the bottom next year.

Four year deal for Gibbs, according to Trade Radio...

Adelaide will have a LOT of picks next year in the super draft. Kept their two first rounders and Carlton’s second which is likely to be early you would think

Carlton easily won the Squibbs Trade

Could we be waiting on Freo to sure up their position on other trades (Wilson etc) so that we know what pick we can get from them for Ramsay which will then be involved in the trade for Murray?

Just speculating here.

Agree. The Feeling I get that we are waiting on Other Trades to see what Picks would be in the Trade.

Hope we don't do a Joe Misiti thing and do it too late

Just speculating here.

Murray's the big domino that sets it all in motion.

Two firsts is a big big price but the trade as a whole isn't horrible the 2nd and 3rd round selections next year in a strong draft with some very strong SA Candidates probably helps the crows presuming the scum finish near the bottom next year.

Smart move by Carlton. Gibbs has only limited games left and wont play in a premiership team for the blues. Whereas Adelaide are pushing for the flag, i do agree they played way overs for him though, Pick 10 and later pick swaps would have sufficed.

Well done Carlton for getting a great trade.

But congratulations to Adelaide for biting the bullet and taking the risk. No point just accepting 2nd best. They needed a gun midfielder, and they got one. Gibbs will star for Adelaide next year. It's a scary midfield now.

Adelaide are also in a position to dominate next years draft with 2 first rounders and early selections in the 2nd and 3rd round. It's a strong SA draft, so they can really get some guns. I think they have done this really well...while still improving their side next year.

I think it's actually really smart trading. Adelaide are going to get bagged, but if you boil it down they were really smart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Dave is arguing that Gibbs is a good fit because Adelaide are in a premiership window. We're not, so your point isn't well made.

Doesn't take much to go from boiled lollies to chocolates.

The point I was making is if our club was in the same position ie come off a GF loss lost a young defender and received 2 first rounders for him,would you be happy the club blew them on a outside player almost 30 years old? My point is spot on. It is just day light robbery by the blues if this goes through.

This is incomparable to getting in Ball pick 30, or even Jolly pick 14.

As I said for a sole first rounder I can see the merit not for 2.

Adelaide also aren't guaranteed to make another GF with or without Gibbs.

Carlton easily won the Squibbs Trade

Yes they did, but Adelaide have done it pretty well too.

Strong SA draft next year and they have 2 first rounders and much earlier 2nd and 3rd picks.

They not only improve their midfield for next year, but also set themselves up to really dominate next years draft.

Plus, they got way overs for Lever, so they had a fair bit to play with. They could afford to give overs. Gibbs is a good fit for them with the grunt of Sloane and Crouch to compliment.

Adelaide making a play for top 10 worst trades of all time.

Surely Adelaide giving pick 10 this year and next years 2nd (30-36) is fair enough for Gibbs at the end of his career.

Smart move by Carlton. Gibbs has only limited games left and wont play in a premiership team for the blues. Whereas Adelaide are pushing for the flag, i do agree they played way overs for him though, Pick 10 and later pick swaps would have sufficed.
Well done Carlton for getting a great trade.

But congratulations to Adelaide for biting the bullet and taking the risk. No point just accepting 2nd best. They needed a gun midfielder, and they got one. Gibbs will star for Adelaide next year. It's a scary midfield now.

Adelaide are also in a position to dominate next years draft with 2 first rounders and early selections in the 2nd and 3rd round. It's a strong SA draft, so they can really get some guns. I think they have done this really well...while still improving their side next year.

I think it's actually really smart trading. Adelaide are going to get bagged, but if you boil it down they were really smart.

Dare say its actually a pretty even trade with both sides getting what they need. I applaud the courage to actually bite the bullet and progress their clubs.

Doesn't take much to go from boiled lollies to chocolates.

The point I was making is if our club was in the same position ie come off a GF loss lost a young defender and received 2 first rounders for him,would you be happy the club blew them on a outside player almost 30 years old? My point is spot on. It is just day light robbery by the blues if this goes through.

This is incomparable to getting in Ball pick 30, or even Jolly pick 14.

As I said for a sole first rounder I can see the merit not for 2.

Adelaide also aren't guaranteed to make another GF with or without Gibbs.

Nothing is guaranteed. But there's no point just sitting on your hands assuming it's going to happen again. Adelaide needed to make a bold move and they did.

Gibbs may be 29, but he has had a good run of injuries throughout his career, and he is also in career best form. Arguably, he is just hitting his peak now. I think he'll play another 4 years minimum.

if they didn't have another 2 first round picks next year, and if they weren't in a window, you would scratch your head. But it makes perfect sense to me.

Agree. The Feeling I get that we are waiting on Other Trades to see what Picks would be in the Trade.

Hope we don't do a Joe Misiti thing and do it too late

That was only because Balme broke the fax machine...

Adelaide making a play for top 10 worst trades of all time.

Surely Adelaide giving pick 10 this year and next years 2nd (30-36) is fair enough for Gibbs at the end of his career.

What you suggest is fair value I agree, but Carlton wouldn't have accepted that. Gibbs is a contracted player who ultimately seemed content to play at Carlton next year. To convince Carlton to make the move, they had to pay overs.

They had to pay overs to get their man. They did it. I applaud them for taking the punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back