List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death by bat mobile. At least you'd leave him something cool to put on his tomb stone.

It's my ultimate power move...:drunk:

POiboblvuQDR4Q9PqFXUBlHflxhvVCV-sE8Y2xbbeA0dgyqMKvFPZiRgc0WwdnN83GuxDnG6qGizn_ixHw=w384-h288-no

I'd rather not do it, though. We Scharenberg fans have to stick together, to crush the saboteurs...

He was playing majority forward until his last couple of games.

Either way, I'm not sold on his future prospects...

McCarthy is still long way from Playing AFL but has shown Signs that he could come good enough to Play AFL Footy.

He is 1 of 2 True KPF's we have on the List

Did you forget the second round pick that came back to us? Not even Dangerfield, Beamer and Judd were traded for two first round picks in their prime.

They were all valued at around 2 first rounders or more. Judd wasn't technically traded for 2 first round picks, but the combined value - Pick 3, Kennedy and Pick 21? was greater than 2 first round picks. Dangerfield went for unders because he was an RFA. Beamer is a level below those two, but still went for 5, 25 and steak knives - probably a greater value than the two first rounders that Ottens was traded for -pick 12 and 16.

Agreed. As I've stated earlier that trade was the biggest steal in recent history. Especially when you consider all A-grade midfielders usually go for 2 first round picks.
Do they? I don't think its as common as you think. Treloar was 2 first rounders, but we got a second in return. Who else has been traded for 2 first round picks?

Won't be Happy Until Club Announces it.

Why do we need Smith when we have Elliot,Fasolo,Kirby and Daicos and even Broomhead
Smith is infront of Kirby Daicos and Broomhead. He is also infront of Blair and Thomas who are playing in the senior side ATM. He can play the small forward role or a mid/wing role. I rate him but I just don't see how we are going to get him because I don't think GWS will be keen on pick 36 for him.

Won't be Happy Until Club Announces it.

Why do we need Smith when we have Elliot,Fasolo,Kirby and Daicos and even Broomhead

Because Smith is better than all of those you named. Genuine quality small forward and quality midfielder.

Smith is a seriously good player who's a guaranteed performer. We know what we'll get from Fasolo and Elliott. With Elliott having some body issues, could have his career ended at any moment. Broomhead is approaching the point where you delist, Kirby and Daicos are unknowns.

Judd

Not many genuine superstar midfielders move clubs, free agency makes it easier.
Judd was traded for a first, second and Kennedy. Once you're in the AFL system you aren't a draft pick. Judd was likely the most expensive trade of all time, but he most certainly was not 2 first round selections.

The ability to trade future selections hasn't been around for very long so this may well change in the coming seasons.
Maybe, but as it stands 2 firsts for an A grade mid is not the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith is infront of Kirby Daicos and Broomhead. He is also infront of Blair and Thomas who are playing in the senior side ATM. He can play the small forward role or a mid/wing role. I rate him but I just don't see how we are going to get him because I don't think GWS will be keen on pick 36 for him.

I rate Josh Thomas I think he may become a really handy player, seems to play quite smart. thoughts

Freo chasing Tom Langdon in an effort to get his brother to sign long term. Will give their second pick up for him in a handshake agreement for the favour we did for them last year with Mayne.

(I may have just made this up)
I take back all those bad things I have said in the past about him. I was clearly wrong and I sincerely apologies for my misguided views on this extremely talented player. Fremantle please provide us your 2nd round and 3rd round picks and we shall reluctantly give you Tom Langdon and our 4th round pick.

When was that speed recorded? Draft camp? Wasn't he coming off a broken leg then. He doesn't strike me as being that slow in a game sense.

why can't we have both ?

I rate Josh Thomas I think he may become a really handy player, seems to play quite smart. thoughts
I wasn't a big fan but credit to him he's played well and got promoted. I'm more in the camp of he's serviceable. Doesn't really stand out in any fashion but he can do a job. Will probably play out the rest of the year in the 1's and be retained for another year and we'll see how he goes from there.

I reckon we should be all over Taylor Duryea. He'd walk into our back pocket and fix a real need.

Sam Reid is also a good list fit and would give us some immediate coverage so we can go key forward with our first rounder. It would let us leave Ben Reid back also. We would just need to temper our expectations of what he'd provide us which would be competant key forward but no world beater.

Other than that I like Steven Motlop as a small forward. He's a proven goal scorer. Although happy to back in Kirby who's my favourite Pie right now!

I've cooled on Pittard given his form and the emergence of Crisp who is providing something similar.

No one else really excites me.
Sam Reid has reportedly re-signed with Sydney on a 4 year deal. I would prefer that we stay away from Motlop. We are 20 weeks into the season and he remains unfit. Geelong have reportedly dropped him so he can do a mini pre-season prior to the finals.

I wasn't a big fan but credit to him he's played well and got promoted. I'm more in the camp of he's serviceable. Doesn't really stand out in any fashion but he can do a job. Will probably play out the rest of the year in the 1's and be retained for another year and we'll see how he goes from there.
I agree. He definitely has some ability and is a handy inclusion into the team. He is capable of playing forward and through the midfield.

Fair assessment.

He's top 5 possession games at afl level are: 35 , 29 , 29 , 28 , 27. If he can recapture that we will have a gem.

No idea whatsoever..... unless one or more of the above named won't be with us next year....

Going by Article that he is Close Friends with Adams and Treloar and we could offer a Bigger Contract then what GWS can are the Reasons

Sam Reid has reportedly re-signed with Sydney on a 4 year deal. I would prefer that we stay away from Motlop. We are 20 weeks into the season and he remains unfit. Geelong have reportedly dropped him so he can do a mini pre-season prior to the finals.
No to Motlop for me. Even if he gets himself fit, his attitude to the game is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back