List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah look I am a bit the same. I wouldnt be upset at all if they aimed up at a Schoenmakers / Trengove or even a Casboult (thereby pushing Reid back) and preserving the pick 6 for any of those boys you mention. I would go Brander but not unhappy with any of them.

Schoenmakers of those three, IMO. None of them really appeal to me, but he'd be the lowest cost contract wise and I think anyone we bring in as a "stop gap" needs to be replaceable as soon as our long term foil for Moore is ready.

Let's say it's Brander and we plan to use him forward. I'd cop Schoenmakers or Keeffe up forward in the short term until Brander has 50 open age footy matches under his belt and can step in. Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed on Pedersen as a bargain. I think it was Apex36 that initially floated his name mid season.

Schoenmakers of those three, IMO. None of them really appeal to me, but he'd be the lowest cost contract wise and I think anyone we bring in as a "stop gap" needs to be replaceable as soon as our long term foil for Moore is ready.

Let's say it's Brander and we plan to use him forward. I'd cop Schoenmakers or Keeffe up forward in the short term until Brander has 50 open age footy matches under his belt and can step in. Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed on Pedersen as a bargain. I think it was Apex36 that initially floated his name mid season.
Nah I didn't float his name, but I did mention a few weeks ago that we had Pedersen basically signed sealed and delivered until our genius footy dept decided to pull his contract offer and recruit White instead!

Nah I didn't float his name, but I did mention a few weeks ago that we had Pedersen basically signed sealed and delivered until our genius footy dept decided to pull his contract offer and recruit White instead!
To be fair Pederson is having a good year after having many poor ones. He probably wouldn't have made it this far with us haha.

To be fair Pederson is having a good year after having many poor ones. He probably wouldn't have made it this far with us haha.
He's a harder version of Jesse White essentially. He may or may not have made it with us, but I have no doubt he would have brought a level of physicality to the role that Jesse never brought, and was consequently much maligned for. Would have been cheaper too.

He's a harder version of Jesse White essentially. He may or may not have made it with us, but I have no doubt he would have brought a level of physicality to the role that Jesse never brought, and was consequently much maligned for. Would have been cheaper too.
He wasn't hard when he first got to Melbourne. He was dropped in one of his early games because he shirked a contest badly. Probably has redeemed himself in his later years and yes we could definitely use him right now to help out Moore. If only Jesse had some hardness about him, he would have gone a lot further.

I think the pies should look at Menzel as a free agent. I still remember him in the last rd of 2011 before bad luck hit.

Yeah another guy with injury issues who is slow and applied zero pressure. He is rated the worse in the AFL for pressure in the f50. Can kick goals but the overall package is average. We need high speed in the forward 50 that lock it in. Elliot is a similar player but a lot better IMO.

I think the pies should look at Menzel as a free agent. I still remember him in the last rd of 2011 before bad luck hit.
It's bizarre that Geelong haven't offered him a contract yet. He's kicked 69 goals since he returned and is seriously talented. Obviously the risk of another knee injury is there, but jeez, you'd think they'd be stoked to have him fit and wanting to re-sign after persisting with him through so many injuries.

It's bizarre that Geelong haven't offered him a contract yet. He's kicked 69 goals since he returned and is seriously talented. Obviously the risk of another knee injury is there, but jeez, you'd think they'd be stoked to have him fit and wanting to re-sign after persisting with him through so many injuries.
I think it could be getting delayed due to either Gaz potentially coming home, or maybe his body is getting pretty shot.

Do you think they want to replace him with Ablett JNR and just waiting to see what suns says about a deal? It is risky thou.

I think it could be getting delayed due to either Gaz potentially coming home, or maybe his body is getting pretty shot.
Stupid to dump a player they could get 5-6 more years out of for 1 year of injury plagued Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they are aiming to replace him with Devon Smith and GAJ.
Smith I can understand. They shouldn't be looking to replace any potential 5+ year player with Gazza though. He's got 1-2 years left and is injury prone now.

Smith I can understand. They shouldn't be looking to replace any potential 5+ year player with Gazza though. He's got 1-2 years left and is injury prone now.

Yeah the rumours that The Cats haven't resigned Motlop and Menzel is because they are chasing GAJ, Hopper and Smith. Makes sense. Puts them in the frame for a 2018 premiership tilt while GAJ is still dangerous.

He has the worst defensive pressure of all Forwards, according to Champion Data.
Thats probably the reason

On SM-T810 using BigFooty.com mobile app

A mate of mine put me on to this post from the Richmond BF trade thread. Man they are going into meltdown over a possible Dusty FA trade it's hilarious!! Tigs supporters really are the gift that keeps on giving.. this dude thinks Richmond should take the AFL to the High Court if Dusty leaves: IMG_5610.JPG

A mate of mine put me on to this post from the Richmond BF trade thread. Man they are going into meltdown over a possible Dusty FA trade it's hilarious!! Tigs supporters really are the gift that keeps on giving.. this dude thinks Richmond should take the AFL to the High Court if Dusty leaves:View attachment 407237

What I like most about that is that given the time stamp of the edit and next post whoever posted it did so at about 5am. That's a very late night!

Sticking with...

6 + Sidebottom for Lynch + GC 2nd rndr

GC 2nd rndr + Berg + Aish for Lever

That's crazy, the median graduate salary is $63k, $130k is associate level salary.

That may well be the case but that was the rumour. Not sure if the $130k was $A conversion or if it factored in other salary packaging potential. I'd assume that was also just a base salary and match payments would bolster that considerably. Someone suggested something like $300k + a car is more like what he's getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back