List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas was elevated mid-year last year, but reverted to the Rookie List at the end of the year (as always happens). He spent this year on the Rookie List. That makes three years in a row on the R/L so he should be officially upgraded this year.
According to the CFC site JT is on the senior list.

I think we've just moved 1 of our later picks up into points range. As I see it, the senior list spots will change as follows:

40 - Vacant ~ used for RL upgrade (Thomas)
39 - Fasolo ~ used for RL upgrade (Mihocek)
38 - Broomhead (demote to RL) ~ Used for Beams
37 - Blair ~ used for Roughy
36 - Smith ~ ND
35 - Kirby :'( ~ ND
34 - Murray ~ ND (potentially)
Last I heard clubs could only take the same number of picks into the draft as they had list spots, if this is the case we now need 5 open spots.

33 - not used in 2018 (only 39 on senior list) > Thomas (nominated rookie to senior list)
34 - Fasolo > Roughead
35 - Broomhead > Beams
36 - ND > Quaynor
37 - ND > Kelly
38 - ND >
39 - ND >
40 - ND >​

Kirby, Blair and Smith are likely to depart so that leaves a further two cuts from McLarty, Murray, Greenwood and possibly Goldsack. While I can't see us making five selections we'd need to make at least three. Obviously Quaynor and Kelly makes two selections. Do we possibly delist and redraft one of the above or consider Atu Bosenavualagi or another Hine special late?

In terms of the rookie list I'd keep Mihocek and Appleby as rookies meaning we don't need to delist a sixth/seventh player to keep 5 spots open for the draft and nominate both in the preseason like Thomas in 2018.

Category A
1 - Mihocek (pre-season nominated rookie)
2 - Appleby (pre-season nominated rookie)
3 - Lynch
4 - Oxley > Tohill / Keane
5 (only used if senior list of 39/38) - Thomas > RD (Broomhead pending getting through to us)
6 (only used if senior list of 38) not used in 2018 >

Category B
1 - Madgen
2 - Tohill / Keane

Last edited:

We carried 39 list spots in the off season, then promoted Thomas to the main list just before the commencement of the season proper.
Not sure if he still has to be promoted officially at the draft, or it was done at the start of the season, seems the opinion on it is different depending on who one communicate with.

By that it sounds like he was a rookie in 2018 and needs to come up to the permanennt senior list in 2019

According to the CFC site JT is on the senior list.
Yes indeed. My post up the page a few spots points out that he wasn't officially elevated at the end of 2017 (only Cox was), and the AFL and Champion Data publications have him on the Rookie List for 2018.

On the website they moved him onto that page mid-year in 2017 when he was elevated (Cox and Schade were moved onto the same page earlier in the year). I think nobody got around to moving him back at the end of the year, so he's stayed on that page all year!

I can see why the Pies are holding out on Mihocek. He wants a promotion and we dont have room!!
I don't see why we should need to elevate Mihocek at all, as long as we can keep him happy with the new contract. It would make it easier to fit everyone in if he stayed where he was, and surely it shouldn't matter much to the player, especially since he'd still be able to play from Rd. 1 onwards next year, anyway.

Is that how you are selling it to his player manager?:):):)
I’m not doing the selling.

If it was me, he’d be signed sealed delivered :)

(That’s the theory and I’m sticking with it)

So, we've now traded pick 38 for Murray, 59 + 60. Or given the club is heavily points orientated this year we've traded 465 points for Murray + 304 points.

So, we've now traded pick 38 for Murray, 59 + 60. Or given the club is heavily points orientated this year we've traded 465 points for Murray + 304 points.
Forget the Murray part.

We’ve gone from having a single late round draft pick this season to picking up an AA in Beams, Quaynor who may have been around or before our first draft pick anyway plus another late 1st early 2nd rounder in Kelly.

Plus we haven’t lost anyone.

What’s not to like about the off season.

Last edited:
So that's now 5 list spots we need to keep vacant. I'm sure players would have already been told, but when are we going public?
It seems that way, but don’t forget; last year in the Murray deal we traded for a pick we didn’t even use.

Agree. Moving that 5th pick up into points range is a great move. We may not use 93 now.

It also gives us more flexibility to perhaps take a DFA, a kid unexpectedly left on the board or a Hine special at that last pick (93) if we find ourselves with an extra list spot left after matching bids.
At2 or Wraith(spelling) with 93

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last I heard clubs could only take the same number of picks into the draft as they had list spots, if this is the case we now need 5 open spots.

33 - not used in 2018 (only 39 on senior list) > Thomas (nominated rookie to senior list)
34 - Fasolo > Roughead
35 - Broomhead > Beams
36 - ND > Quaynor
37 - ND > Kelly
38 - ND >
39 - ND >
40 - ND >​

Kirby, Blair and Smith are likely to depart so that leaves a further two cuts from McLarty, Murray, Greenwood and possibly Goldsack. While I can't see us making five selections we'd need to make at least three. Obviously Quaynor and Kelly makes two selections. Do we possibly delist and redraft one of the above or consider Atu Bosenavualagi or another Hine special late?

In terms of the rookie list I'd keep Mihocek and Appleby as rookies meaning we don't need to delist a sixth/seventh player to keep 5 spots open for the draft and nominate both in the preseason like Thomas in 2018.

Category A
1 - Mihocek (pre-season nominated rookie)
2 - Appleby (pre-season nominated rookie)
3 - Lynch
4 - Oxley > Tohill / Keane
5 - Thomas > RD (Broomhead?)

Category B
1 - Madgen
2 - Tohill / Keane

Unfortunately unless we select one late in the draft the above doesn't leave room for VFL players Woodward, Wellings or Hore.
Just note the combination of our senior list and category A rookies needs to total 44 in a combination of 38+6 or 39+5 or 40+4. So in the above for example, if we do make a further 5 cuts and but only take Kelly, Quaynor & Atu as draft selections we can have 6 category A rookies on our list.

Also we have confirmed that we will be selecting Broomhead back onto our rookie list (it was mentioned in the article on our website about the 7 resignings during the last couple of days of the trade period).

Just note the combination of our senior list and category A rookies needs to total 44 in a combination of 38+6 or 39+5 or 40+4. So in the above for example, if we do make a further 5 cuts and but only take Kelly, Quaynor & Atu as draft selections we can have 6 category A rookies on our list.

Also we have confirmed that we will be selecting Broomhead back onto our rookie list (it was mentioned in the article on our website about the 7 resignings during the last couple of days of the trade period).
Cheers, forgot to add the sixth rookie. I put a question mark next to Broomhead as he has to get through to us, shouldn't be a problem, but clubs have poached players in similar situations before.

At2 or Wraith(spelling) with 93

Atu B yes....with his forays also into representative rugby, he hasn't been solely focused on AFL til recently. Reckon in our professional environment he'll flourish.

TradeDraft said Wraith likely to play overage next year. Do we still get an academy discount on him in 2019?

With Wraith being McLarty like in size and position... would be interesting if we went with him on the senior list and not McLarty...

Edit: Wraith only 191cm and 84kg. Potentially grows a cm or two but not McLarty size

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...l/news-story/4363157170fd8dcaec545f1c13336086

Last edited:
I'm calling it -- he's flatlined.

But he's a solid role player. I'm not a hater. I just ain't a massive fan of him either.
That's fair enough and I can understand and respect this thought process, I'm trying to become a glass half full type and not half empty, but it's hard not to head back to the bar right now as my schooner is half empty.

God I love this time of the evening looking over the ocean in god's country - Groote Eylandt

Calling it, Phillips is going to make so many of you look like twats in here next year with further improvement.

I could say Aish will make Majority of Fans on here look very Dumb IF he can Stay Injury Free

I don't see why we should need to elevate Mihocek at all, as long as we can keep him happy with the new contract. It would make it easier to fit everyone in if he stayed where he was, and surely it shouldn't matter much to the player, especially since he'd still be able to play from Rd. 1 onwards next year, anyway.

Agree but he hasnt signed yet so presumably isnt happy.

I could say Aish will make Majority of Fans on here look very Dumb IF he can Stay Injury Free
I'm not going to touch that one :D

I like Aish, will he make it...... my glass is neither half full or half empty on this one, probably more 50/50 for me.

Preseason upgrades are not permanent.

Yes I know how it works but I thought he got a permenant promotion at draft time (which is also the off season) .I never mentioned preseason, you did.

It seems maybe Cox got promoted and Thomas didnt.

Im simply asking for somebody to clear it up. Do we have to promote Thomas or dont we?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back