List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago I said Wines was one you’d throw the kitchen sink at and build a midfield around. Has really taken a fall, in the last couple of years. He would be disappointing if he came to us imo.

A few years ago he’d have caught the sink put it between his quads and bent it in half! I have a feeling he just needs a fresh start and a good pre-season, but the main point is you weren’t alone in how you rated him. He’s no Cripps although he’s damn good on his day!

For what we would have to pay, he’s not worth it.

Hartlett has been struck down by a lot of injuries over the past two years.
Plus we could not pay what they want for Wines anyway

Agree w most you say except Broomhead
Good analysis of the rookie spots

I think Broomy stalled before last year and I think sometimes hard decisions like this need to be made
I think if we had Stack or Pickett and they help us win a premiership it validates the choice(?)

Anyway - hoping in the future we’re not constrained by having to place players on the Rookie and have some free swings

I wouldnt disagree that he was just hanging on to a spot, when he got injured. However, there are people here who treat the AFL like the premier league or american sport where they dump players when they're longterm injured because it's far easier to get new players. The restrictions on drafting and transfers in the AFL mean that you cant just dump someone who got injured doing what Broomhead was doing. The rest of the list would look at list decisions like that and wonder if they should do the hard things. How can a club ask for loyalty and expect players to take lower contracts to develop a winning team, if one of the players is dumped if they get injured? And then in Broomhead's case, there's the Grundy effect. How is Grundy going to feel about his mate getting dumped without a chance to have a decent crack at a comeback? Loyalty is a 2 way street. Broomhead deserved this year to show if he could come back from a broken leg.

Talks on Nicks that we are interested in Olle Wines

Dave that poster is a new addition to Nicks. He posts stuff & provides no source & wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. My guess is he will get the boot from Nicks very soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt disagree that he was just hanging on to a spot, when he got injured. However, there are people here who treat the AFL like the premier league or american sport where they dump players when they're longterm injured because it's far easier to get new players. The restrictions on drafting and transfers in the AFL mean that you cant just dump someone who got injured doing what Broomhead was doing. The rest of the list would look at list decisions like that and wonder if they should do the hard things. How can a club ask for loyalty and expect players to take lower contracts to develop a winning team, if one of the players is dumped if they get injured? And then in Broomhead's case, there's the Grundy effect. How is Grundy going to feel about his mate getting dumped without a chance to have a decent crack at a comeback? Loyalty is a 2 way street. Broomhead deserved this year to show if he could come back from a broken leg.
Broomheads been on the list for 6 years, the club have been more than loyal to him

2 huge recruits for the Dogs very jealous.

Talk of us into Wines lol laughable we have no salary cap space.

Helps when you have 1.5 Mil in Cap Space since Tom Boyd Retired

I'd have a crack at josh jenkins just read he's prepare dnto pay fore base salary plus match payments that's damn hard to argue nwith for someone that's preformed in Games
Sounds like a man who wants to put his footy club and goals and aspirations before his own interests. Premierships are won with these players.

Comparisons to Jesse White are embarrassing. White's best season at AFL level wouldn't be in Jenkins' top five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back