List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis Taylor wasn't getting a game at Brisbane. Young, gets a lot of ball, elite user.
Was he injured first half of year? Played well in 2s. Fwd / back or mid. We are due for a new set of steak knives!

Wheren't we link to him last year?

Lewis Taylor wasn't getting a game at Brisbane. Young, gets a lot of ball, elite user.
Was he injured first half of year? Played well in 2s. Fwd / back or mid. We are due for a new set of steak knives!

We need small forwards that apply pressure and hit the score board. Taylor can score but his pressure is sadly lacking. We have little currency so would prefer we do what other clubs have done and go looking for small fast forwards via late picks or rookie drafts and develop.

i'm surprised that we have taken on young indigenous players with Wells and Varcoe on the list. The last two years seems to have been a perfectly opportunity. In fact, I thought one of the reasons that we took Wells was to draft more indigenous players. Looking from a long way away, I tend to think that Derek Hines tends to put emphasis on factors that dont relate well to indigenous players. Matt Rendell has a well known history in this area too. It's not just about picking indigenous players for the sake of it, it involves an element of risk taking. I've said this before and I've referred to Ben Crocker. I would have preferred to take someone who had exhibited a bit of elite talent but who had maybe gone off the rails a little. It's a choice between taking John Noble or Marlon Pickett. We seem to make safe choices except for when Derek thinks he has an elite talent who has been injured - a la Shazz...in fact you can put Stephenson in there too.

Fk that...Very poor attitude.

i'm surprised that we have taken on young indigenous players with Wells and Varcoe on the list. The last two years seems to have been a perfectly opportunity. In fact, I thought one of the reasons that we took Wells was to draft more indigenous players. Looking from a long way away, I tend to think that Derek Hines tends to put emphasis on factors that dont relate well to indigenous players. Matt Rendell has a well known history in this area too. It's not just about picking indigenous players for the sake of it, it involves an element of risk taking. I've said this before and I've referred to Ben Crocker. I would have preferred to take someone who had exhibited a bit of elite talent but who had maybe gone off the rails a little. It's a choice between taking John Noble or Marlon Pickett. We seem to make safe choices except for when Derek thinks he has an elite talent who has been injured - a la Shazz...in fact you can put Stephenson in there too.

Where is Atu from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is Atu from?

Fiji.... is that close enough to indigenous. I suppose you could say that he is indigenous to Fiji...

Having said that, Atu is probably more of a risky selection than a lot of players on the list. On the other hand, he's a melb local and his family has links to Joffa, so he's not as much a left field selection as some might think.

If he was all of those things he'd be getting a game at Brisbane I think.

We need small forwards that apply pressure and hit the score board. Taylor can score but his pressure is sadly lacking. We have little currency so would prefer we do what other clubs have done and go looking for small fast forwards via late picks or rookie drafts and develop.
I thought he was more of a small winger then a forward.

I’d prefer to get another key forward and use Mihocek as the medium marking forward.

That's the role I see for WHE - he did it last year, no reason why he can't do it again if we actually clear up a bit of space in our forward line.

That's the role I see for WHE - he did it last year, no reason why he can't do it again if we actually clear up a bit of space in our forward line.
WHE doesn’t have the bulk for that role imo and I don’t think he’s a good enough forward in general. Last year I think he just looked better than what he was becuase he finished off on our good ball movement but other than that did sfa. I rate him better on the wing or at half back becuase he finds more of the ball and can use his speed and intercept mark with his height.

I think we aren’t ruthless enough w Rookie list. Really use it to have a swing at his risk high reward players like Sydney Stack.

I guess sometimes our hands are tied w contracts and moving players from senior to rookie but it’s so frustrating

Pickett at the end of 2018 into Rookie list would have been a great choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back