List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year Schache kicked 23.8, and had bags of 4, 3 goals x4, 2 goals x3 and only went 3 games goalless.

This year he had one game and had 11 touches and snagged 2. The other was in pouring torrential rain where they got smacked and Bruce was also pathetic.

He has 66 goals in 55 games. Dogs are going to either delist or give him for steak knives.

He's a beautiful set shot, left footer as well, and will want to stay in Melbourne. He's 199cm and 94kg, was touted as the #1 prospect and would nearly have gone before Weitering had Carlton not had a plethora of KPF's.

All his game lacks is aggression, I'm sure we could build some mongrel into him. He does not lack polish or class and has a knack for bobbing up and kicking goals.

If we are so desperately screaming for a KPF, he would make a perfect foil as the #2 option. Seriously.

Probably one of the best kicks in the league for a player his height. As most have observed, physical presence / ability to win contests are his main flaws.

You wonder given his kicking skills, whether he could play the role Lukocious is doing so well for the Suns off half back? Or improve as a key forward.

Maybe for a Roughead style trade you would consider him - wouldn't want to give up too much more than that.

Probably one of the best kicks in the league for a player his height. As most have observed, physical presence / ability to win contests are his main flaws.

You wonder given his kicking skills, whether he could play the role Lukosious is doing so well for the Suns off half back? Or improve as a key forward.

Maybe for a Roughead style trade you would consider him - wouldn't want to give up too much more than that.

Yep he really does remind me of Roughy you are right. At 199cm he is a genuine back up ruckman too. Elite tank as well so possibly could play him higher, and then we draft a gorilla type of get a FA KPF from somewhere.

With Schache you don't want him wrestling but want him leading at the footy and he is fantastic below his feet, bit like Jezza Cameron.

Having thought on Schache, he’s definitely not getting a game with dogs now. I’m open to a Roughead trade, maybe even slightly higher pick, for this reason,

our Key position stocks Are non existent. If we can get him as steak knives, it will add some desperate size to our stocks, and worst case maybe he could move to defence.

we are very limited with Talls down back and forward. I’m open to it now I think about it. But obviously we need a Genuine KPF, and I hope we make a move in the draft

Last year Schache kicked 23.8, and had bags of 4, 3 goals x4, 2 goals x3 and only went 3 games goalless.

This year he had one game and had 11 touches and snagged 2. The other was in pouring torrential rain where they got smacked and Bruce was also pathetic.

He has 66 goals in 55 games. Dogs are going to either delist or give him for steak knives.

He's a beautiful set shot, left footer as well, and will want to stay in Melbourne. He's 199cm and 94kg, was touted as the #1 prospect and would nearly have gone before Weitering had Carlton not had a plethora of KPF's.

All his game lacks is aggression, I'm sure we could build some mongrel into him. He does not lack polish or class and has a knack for bobbing up and kicking goals.

If we are so desperately screaming for a KPF, he would make a perfect foil as the #2 option. Seriously.
It's also worth mentioning that he was dropped after that wet game (perhaps unfairly), copped a concussion in a scratch match a week later, then had a groin issue when his concussion was recovered. He would've been back in by now if not for that, so it's not necessarily form keeping him out. He finally played again last weekend in the scratch match, and will be considered again after another game or two once he has match fitness.

Still, I firmly believe he's gone this year. All the talk seems to be that JUH is ready to play immediately, and there's really not room to play both Schache and Bailey Dale in the same forward line given they play similar roles and neither applies much forward pressure. He'd pair well with Wright if you guys landed both

Having thought on Schache, he’s definitely not getting a game with dogs now. I’m open to a Roughead trade, maybe even slightly higher pick, for this reason,

our Key position stocks Are non existent. If we can get him as steak knives, it will add some desperate size to our stocks, and worst case maybe he could move to defence.

we are very limited with Talls down back and forward. I’m open to it now I think about it. But obviously we need a Genuine KPF, and I hope we make a move in the draft
Schache's been injured

Jackson Callow (Tasmania/Allies)
193cm | 95kg

A traditional, hulking key forward who thrives on the physical aspect of the game. Callow was a standout for Tasmania at Under 16 level, and more recently in the NAB League having booted 24 goals from 14 games for the Devils in 2019. At 95kg, he is well built and hardly beaten one-on-one, but also has the clean hands and speed to mark strongly at full tilt. Callow has garnered heavy opposition attention thus far as Tasmania’s spearhead, but does not hold back on the aggression to shake it off. He can work on sometimes reigning that aspect of his game in, while also sharpening his consistency in front of goal.

This guy sounds good. Draft him.

I like the sound of that profile as well.

Not sure how I feel about the Schache talk. Probably on a par with the Wright talk.

As others have said if he came as steak knives and allowed us to draft an aggressive key forward like Callow and get Reef then I could be persuaded.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean you guys we well stocked up forward, with many ahead of him and adding UGLE 👍. Unlike us, you have tall forwards. And if Bruce finds his kicking boots, look out
Yeah bringing in JUH pretty much means the end of Schache at the Dogs imo. He'll be on a list next year - has the tools to be a good player, just needs the right system and the right role.

Weird that the Dogs will have too many tall forwards next year considering 2 years ago, we didn't have a single one of anything better than average quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah bringing in JUH pretty much means the end of Schache at the Dogs imo. He'll be on a list next year - has the tools to be a good player, just needs the right system and the right role.

Weird that the Dogs will have too many tall forwards next year considering 2 years ago, we didn't have a single one of anything better than average quality.

dont want cox by any chance? 😬

Scache would want to come bloody cheap. Obviously the pick would be a nothing pick but you’d hope $ would be very extremely low.

I reckon he has got the skill set and athleticism (much more than wright), but honestly just looks to lack the competitiveness and drive.

We'd be better off persisting with Cox than Schache.

Shame about McCarthy, I thought with his talent and skill set he would have a quality career. The fall out between him and GWS and now walking away from Freo seems to show there's some problems there and I doubt he gets another look at AFL level. Do feel for him as he probably couldn't of ended up at worse clubs in terms of being a young KPF, drafted to GWS who had Patton, Cameron and drafted Boyd and Lobb in the same draft as Cam and then went to Freo who have Tabener, Cox, Hogan, Lobb and imo have been one of the worse clubs at growing talent over the last few years (in fairness since about 18/19 they've improved).

Somewhat unfortunate for us as in different circumstances I think he could've been a great target for us. 194/195cm forward (which is what he is, neve understood the make him a mid stuff) with good hands and beautiful set shot for goal, even when kicking more than 40m, which would be a rare commodity for our forward line.

McCarthy is only 192cm so always playing undersized in that KPF role. Checkers the same height but offers so much more physicality than McCarthy.

Alright I’m going to go there...

What about Hogan?

The best potentially available option by a mile (I’m ignoring Cameron as I don’t think he’s gettable... at least not for us).

After Beams the mental health issues would scare the bejesus out of the club.

But is it a risk worth taking given he could be available for a lot less $ and picks than what Freo had to give up?

What about Hogan?

The best potentially available option by a mile (I’m ignoring Cameron as I don’t think he’s gettable... at least not for us).

But is it a risk worth taking given he could be available for a lot less $ and picks than what Freo had to give up?

Hogan’s a flog mate. Has issues off the field, definite no from me. I live in WA, he’s beams 2.0

What about Hogan?

Out of all the players thrown up so far he is the one that interests me the most.

Couldnt give up anything substantial in a trade again esp after beams fiasco.

It's also worth mentioning that he was dropped after that wet game (perhaps unfairly), copped a concussion in a scratch match a week later, then had a groin issue when his concussion was recovered. He would've been back in by now if not for that, so it's not necessarily form keeping him out. He finally played again last weekend in the scratch match, and will be considered again after another game or two once he has match fitness.

Still, I firmly believe he's gone this year. All the talk seems to be that JUH is ready to play immediately, and there's really not room to play both Schache and Bailey Dale in the same forward line given they play similar roles and neither applies much forward pressure. He'd pair well with Wright if you guys landed both
Not to mention you guys have Bruce and Naughton too. Only so many talls you can play at once, unfortunately. Be nice to have that luxury. We wouldn't know over here lol

Go get Jesse Hogan.
Cant get a game at Freo
Looks to be on the outer.
Shouldn’t cost Much in trade Or salary.
He has proven he can be the man in attack.
He is 25....he’s perfect fit

I reckon he needs to get out of Perth and away from his comfort zone.
Could be the tonic he needs to reignite his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back