List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember they interviewed him before he got drafted to pies, he was training alone in a park and looked very upset. 2010 premiership was such a justice moment for him
It was. Loved him. Saints didn't realize who they were letting go until the siren went on that GF. Good for us.

I wasn’t aware exploring options and entertaining a trade meant pack your bags you’re gone.

So let’s say multiple clubs will give him a 4 year $700k deal, why would we accept a pick that late? How does it benefit the club?

He wasn't told to explore his options, he was told to look for another club, because North don't need or want him any further.

Well its a very closed question so I'll answer it the way you want: NO, we can't wait so lets chuck the kitchen sink at Cameron or Daniher.

Now can you answer me one?
How will you like it when BB is impotent against team defences across the comp? Will you be saying "Why did we settle for this softie when we could have gotten XYZ????"
I'd rather draft a kid and wait than do that.

Do I think Joe Daniher is a better player on talent? Yes.

Unfortunately for Joe he’s only kicked 10 goals in the last 2 seasons. Brown kicked 10 vs Port last year - playing against Jonas and Clurey.

I think Melbourne and Carlton have shown that bottoming out without a solid core of experienced old heads to show the talented draftees how its done at AFL level is recipe for failure. With that in mind you'd think that a guy like Brown who is key structural player would be perfect while Larkey and if you get him McDonald develop. It's either a big mistake by Rawlings or somethings amiss.

I’ve been calling for this for a couple of years. I hear what you’re saying about trading too many older heads but we still have quite a few around.

It does signal our intent to draft McDonald if available though. Maybe even Thilthorpe

Cost wise, considering North has backed themselves into a corner because they have basically "delisted" Brown, without actually removing him off the list. So l think the bargaining power of North has all but evaporated.
His salary, he would have been on a $700-$750k contract at North, or what he may have re-signed for, but Brown now needs a club, so whoever gets him will sign him for a $450-$500k contract probably over 2 years.
I don't think injury was his main issue this year, despite his arthroscope in latter stages of the season, which is basically a clean up of his knee. His issue was more mind, and that could be due to the personal issues he had off field.
Yep, I’ve already said if he was cheap then fine. Peoples issue with his age comes with the cost though. I don’t want to be forking over another 2 1st round picks (or even one for that matter) for a 28 year old with an NQR sticker. We did that with Beams because he was supposedly the missing piece of the puzzle, I don’t want to do that again with Brown and chuck away another chance to get a talented kid. It still burns me thinking about the fact that Port used our pick we traded for Beams last year to get Georgiades....

Have you read this?

Willing to entertain a trade

Mutually beneficial

This statement was emailed out to members due to the angst it would cause. You think those members would accept pick 30 for him?
The problem is that you’ve flagged too publically you don’t want him anymore. You’re relying on interest from multiple clubs to get a decent price. If there’s only one club interested, you’ll have to take what your offered, even if it’s pick 30, cause he’s not going to be playing at North next year.

This is too funny.

Before you were banging on about BB being an injury liability, now you are saying kitchen sink at Daniher - a guy who in his last 3 years has played 7 games, 4 games, 4 games.

what’s going on at camp Robroy, the lunatics are running the asylum!

So I take it you're not going to answer MY question?

You're a humorous person Shawbs but you DO take poetic liscence.

I didn't say BB was anymore an injury liability than Daniher. I merely pointed out that he has worn protective knee strapping all of his career (something The Big Lewbowski has backed me up on). I also didn't say that BB's injury was "bone on bone" as apparently his manager has alluded to, but following previous knee surgery this diagnosis would not be uncommon.

I only suggested Daniher as "an outside smokey" to display my fear that the game has gone past players such as BB because he is NOT a contested marking forward. His coach Rhys Shaw summed it up this way in the Age article: "Shaw believes Brown's lead-up play is not suited to his preferred game style, which in many ways mirrors that of his former club Sydney – slower, considered ball movement that prioritises contested possession." At least Daniher has shown that he will contest, I cannot guarantee his fitness anymore than I can Ben Reid's but it emphasises the point. BB is not a contested marking forward.

So: "Whats going on at Camp Robroy?" Just the usual champ, surviving, making my boards and taking an interest in the mighty Pies.
There's no asylums anymore Shawbs, they closed them down because they were inhumane.

Have you read this?

Mutually beneficial

This statement was emailed out to members due to the angst it would cause. You think those members would accept pick 30 for him?
Lol do you think that the club is going to send anything else to it’s members? It’s not like they’re going to say ‘We’re shunting Brown out the door regardless of what’s on offer’ to the fan base.
We got a similar statement regarding Cloke iirc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that you’ve flagged too publically you don’t want him anymore. You’re relying on interest from multiple clubs to get a decent price. If there’s only one club interested, you’ll have to take what your offered, even if it’s pick 30, cause he’s not going to be playing at North next year.

Correct.

So I take it you're not going to answer MY question?

You're a humorous person Shawbs but you DO take poetic liscence.

I didn't say BB was anymore an injury liability than Daniher. I merely pointed out that he has worn protective knee strapping all of his career (something The Big Lewbowski has backed me up on). I also didn't say that BB's injury was "bone on bone" as apparently his manager has alluded to, but following previous knee surgery this diagnosis would not be uncommon.

I only suggested Daniher as "an outside smokey" to display my fear that the game has gone past players such as BB because he is NOT a contested marking forward. His coach Rhys Shaw summed it up this way in the Age article: "Shaw believes Brown's lead-up play is not suited to his preferred game style, which in many ways mirrors that of his former club Sydney – slower, considered ball movement that prioritises contested possession." At least Daniher has shown that he will contest, I cannot guarantee his fitness anymore than I can Ben Reid's but it emphasises the point. BB is not a contested marking forward.

So: "Whats going on at Camp Robroy?" Just the usual champ, surviving, making my boards and taking an interest in the mighty Pies.
There's no asylums anymore Shawbs, they closed them down because they were inhumane.
Mathew Richardson reckons north are making a huge mistake with brown. I think him being a former amazing key forward, his views probably better than any of ours.

Have you read this?

Mutually beneficial

The members don't get a say TBL....it is what it is now.

I’ve been calling for this for a couple of years. I hear what you’re saying about trading too many older heads but we still have quite a few around.

It does signal our intent to draft McDonald if available though. Maybe even Thilthorpe

LOL....finally you've caught up.

Yep, I’ve already said if he was cheap then fine. Peoples issue with his age comes with the cost though. I don’t want to be forking over another 2 1st round picks (or even one for that matter) for a 28 year old with an NQR sticker. We did that with Beams because he was supposedly the missing piece of the puzzle, I don’t want to do that again with Brown and chuck away another chance to get a talented kid. It still burns me thinking about the fact that Port used our pick we traded for Beams last year to get Georgiades....

I don’t get why people don’t think 28 is old in terms of a key forward either.

You’ve got to be a pretty special player with some elite attributes to get too far past 30 as a key forward and still be anywhere near top level footy.

I’d say North were more cognisant of that, at least more than we seem to be on here. It was the reason they were steadfast on only offering 3 years.

You’ve got to be a pretty special player with some elite attributes to get too far past 30 as a key forward and still be playing top level.

I’d say North were more cognisant of that, at least more than we seem to be on here. It was the reason they were steadfast on only offering 3 years.
Tom Hawkins? Charlie Dixon?

You’ve got to be a pretty special player with some elite attributes to get too far past 30 as a key forward and still be anywhere near top level footy.

Cameron is 5 months younger than brown....

At this rate BB wont even be worth 1x 1st round pick...

To us on match day he easily improves our best 22 strength by 2x 1st round picks i reckon.

We literally improve our worst position with an elite player at almost no cost at all lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back