List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve really f’ed out selves. Instead of drafting Chol and Artts we have Beams, Dunn, Broomhead, Reid who may as well be replaced with cheer squad members and our list would be in exactly the same spot.

This is the thing, people want to trade DeGoey Treloar and hope this fixes our problem it won't as it will just set us back.

We need to sort out the salary cap and pick up some free agents.

Pies decided to sign blokes like Varcoe, Reid, Broomhead, Dunn and keep that cancer Beams who were never going to help us going into 2020 that's a spot a potential up and coming kid could have had, that kid would have 12 months development ready for 2021.

We have made some shocking decisions since the 2018 GF loss it's time to hire the right people to fix this shit show.

Trading out players like DeGoey or Treloar would be absolutely ludicrous. Would do nothing to improve our position.

Say best case scenario Treloar goes north and we get pick 5 and Brodie, and manage to get Cameron with the spare cash. Pick 5 is every chance to be a failed pick like Scharenberg, we get Cameron, who doesn't make us a premiership side with a less than adequate midfield, and we add another fringe player to our mid stocks.

We need to be keeping a core of players in our top 10-15 who are in a good age bracket and bringing in players and a game plan around them which complement their strengths.

We need to focus on building around players like Grundy, Treloar, Adams, Moore, DeGoey, Maynard, Daicos, Crisp, Quaynor, and upgrading players under 30 outside of that list. If we can upgrade at least 3 or 4 of the likes of Cox, Madgen, Roughead, Sier, Noble, WHE, Thomas, Phillips in the next year or two we are heading in the right direction.
I’d agree fully w your stance on JDG

If Treloar’s hammies had never gone I’m with you on that one too.
But.
With Treloar, as much as he improves us, his hammies terrify me. Perhaps he goes to GCS and has a great career but for pick 5 I’d do it. It’s moneyball - we could draft a dud but this trade makes sense to me.

But.
With Treloar, as much as he improves us, his hammies terrify me. Perhaps he goes to GCS and has a great career but for pick 5 I’d do it. It’s moneyball - we could draft a dud but this trade makes sense to me.

So does Degoeys ability to do something stupid off field

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But.
His manager said he’s not going anywhere

But.

With our history of hamstring injuries i totally get why that would scare the shit out of fans. Im not prepared to put Treloar in the same boat as Reid, Moore and Elliott from a couple of years back.

To me, their injuries seemed more physiological which required more long term correction, whereas Treloar seems like one major injury which has resulted in a few minor setbacks on his road to recovery. I had a similar thing in my career, one major injury which resulted in recurring hamstrings for 18 months post recovery, but once i got the strength fully back i never did a hammy again. I could be wrong, but that's how i look at AT

Moore has finalised a deal up to 800k a year, that would make him a pie for life.
That's great, love Darc...back on JDG I now hope the Pies put the hard word on him and sign him up by the time the trade period commences...We need to maximise our opportunities....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Source?
we should be doing similar with Jordy.

2yr deals are for Fringe players, except if you’re at Collingwood these days.

Yeah I agree. Give Jordy a 5 year deal at 800k and just hope the penny drops at some point. He is far too talented to lose. He could be the best player in the competition next year, ala Petracca.

Then we build around Moore, Grundy, DeGoey and Maynard, Treloar, Adams, Stephenson, Daicos, Quaynor.

That's some high quality talent with at least 4-5 years left in their careers.

His manager said he’s not going anywhere
Happy for him to stay - really like the guy
And it’s not up to me

Just stating if the opportunity to trade him came up, I’d take it
However, as has been mentioned before, all players are staying until they’re not

Exceptional intercepting half back... but agree big money.

Moore deserves big bucks, I just think anything over 650k 700k should be put aside for the top 4/5 players.

Moore will hopefully be in our top 5 next year.

You mean a 28 year old KPD who has already showed significant injury woes by missing half of this season?

Moore is also an AA at 24 years old, you think he won't get multiple AAs or what

Moore has had quite a few soft tissue injuries, comparing him to Mcgovern who has done it for a while probably isn't the best comparison.

What's Andrews and Weitering on?

Source?
we should be doing similar with Jordy.

2yr deals are for Fringe players, except if you’re at Collingwood these days.

Pay $800k for Jordy that much. No thanks.Moore is AA Jordy doesn’t rip apart games consistently enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you watch him as a junior?
I followed him as a junior. He went from being a rookie prospect as a forward, to being a second round selection after being switched to defence. He’s an excellent intercept defender and great field kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back