List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching the replay of FC from last night.

Couple of glaring things that Hutch mentioned on how one should go about trade period.

Normally I laugh at what Hutchy says, but in retrospect, if I could put it one sentence that he put it.

He alluded that trade period is a business that you need to be ruthless in in order to get a flag. The flag is the end game, no ifs buts or maybes.

Seeing how overtime we've painted ourselves into a corner by not being ruthless (and incompetent), not only in trade period but in general as far as on field performance as well.

All I can say is well here we are. Now half the board is talking rebuild because they can't see the team getting that flag unless talent is brought in, not willing to concede just yet given the lack of realizing the potential of the list. Point remains but.

What's worse, on that same episode, they had Benny Gale on in an interview. They reminisced about Gale aiming for 75k members and 3 flags by this year way back 10 years ago. On the verge of over achieving no?

I remember Pert saying we'd have a flag by 2017 threes years prior, the club didn't get the memo. Talk about aim for the stars!

Cue in the 'pERT doNT WErk heRE nOMOre' brigade while chest beating about 'wE GoT IN A gF in 2018, sO pWOUD'

That really really stings.

Predictably I'll get replies about 'Y doNT YA fOLLow tEh tigAS TEhn'. Lol. Maybe they're right, but I'd rather lament what should've been and what could be and just admit we've been sh1t for far too many decades than follow that scum.

With Cameron off to Geelong and no news about Gunston, I wonder if the club should just turn to the draft to fix the key forward issue.

Logan McDonald looks a star FF in the making, should we aggressively approach Adelaide to get that number 1 pick?

Process:
Trade 1 - Adam Treloar > Gold Coast (Pick 5) & Will Brodie
Trade 2 - Gold Coast (Pick 5) & Collingwood (Pick 14) > Adelaide (Pick 1)

*yes, probably overs, but we need to offer a lot to get that pick. For Adelaide it gives them 5,8,14,20 (plus crouch comp). A great crop of picks to rebuild that list.

With the Treloar trade, you then open up big money to bring in a free agent (EG: Brad Crouch) or use our 2021 pick + T.Phillips (which would be absorbed anyway because of Dacios) to bring in a quality player.

B: Maynard, Rough, Crisp
HB: Langdon, Moore, Howe
C: Daicos, Adams, Pendlebury
HF: Elliott, Mihochek, Stephenson
F: Sidebottom, McDonald (pick 1), Kelly
R: Grundy, Crouch, DeGoey
I:Quaynor, T.Brown, Brodie, Hosk
I think we need to make sure we can get hold of McDonald.
Best KPF in the draft and averaged 2.9 goals per game this season as an 18yo playing against men.
Mobile with elite endurance.
Pies supporter.
His dream is to be drafted by the Pies.
So we have a KPF who will likely be one of the best KPF’s in the AFL during his career and he wants to play for us.
Makes a change.

Not being able to land the player we need just like Lynch arrive to the party late and go home alone. It’s pathetic

Cameron chose Geelong to avoid the limelight, it suits his preferred lifestyle, is close to family and Geelong are rather successful. Collingwood never had a chance of signing him, take your one eyed glasses off.

Best KPF in the draft and averaged 2.9 goals per game this season as an 18yo playing against men.
Pies supporter.
So we have a KPF who will likely be one of the best KPF’s in the AFL during his career and he wants to play for us.
Makes a change.
Lynch and Cameron were mad Pies supporters too, we know how that worked out...

With Cameron off to Geelong and no news about Gunston, I wonder if the club should just turn to the draft to fix the key forward issue.

Logan McDonald looks a star FF in the making, should we aggressively approach Adelaide to get that number 1 pick?

Process:
Trade 1 - Adam Treloar > Gold Coast (Pick 5) & Will Brodie
Trade 2 - Gold Coast (Pick 5) & Collingwood (Pick 14) > Adelaide (Pick 1)

*yes, probably overs, but we need to offer a lot to get that pick. For Adelaide it gives them 5,8,14,20 (plus crouch comp). A great crop of picks to rebuild that list.

With the Treloar trade, you then open up big money to bring in a free agent (EG: Brad Crouch) or use our 2021 pick + T.Phillips (which would be absorbed anyway because of Dacios) to bring in a quality player.

B: Maynard, Rough, Crisp
HB: Langdon, Moore, Howe
C: Daicos, Adams, Pendlebury
HF: Elliott, Mihochek, Stephenson
F: Sidebottom, McDonald (pick 1), Kelly
R: Grundy, Crouch, DeGoey
I:Quaynor, T.Brown, Brodie, Hosk

I'd do Grundy + Sier to Adelaide... for
Pick 1 (Mcdonald) + Crouch

then try for Preuss for Tom Phillips, or a later pick

Treloar for 5 (Phillips) & Brodie I would do, but wouldnt be upset if it doesnt come off

Phillips is cross between Sam Mitchell & Boomer Harvey i reckon.

Hoskin Elliott I cant fit in, so would also trade for a later pick (developing tall back)

Quaynor Moore Howe
Crisp Kelly Maynard
Daicos Pendles Sidebottom
Elliott De Goey Mihocek
Stevo McDonald Phillips

Cameron, Adams, Crouch

T Brown, Noble, Ruscoe, Cox

E: Preuss, Madgen, Rough, Brodie, Murphy, Rantall, Bianco, Brown, Keane, Reef

done

Lynch and Cameron were mad Pies supporters too, we know how that worked out...
Different situation completely.
Both were established stars who moved clubs during free agency. They both have chosen clubs offering the best opportunity for their careers. The previous Pies supporter factor had zero influence on them.
McDonald wants to be drafted by the Pies. Big difference. We also get to nurture our own KPF rather than hope for one with Free Agency.

I'd do Grundy + Sier to Adelaide... for
Pick 1 (Mcdonald) + Crouch

then try for Preuss for Tom Phillips, or a later pick

Treloar for 5 (Phillips) & Brodie I would do, but wouldnt be upset if it doesnt come off

Phillips is cross between Sam Mitchell & Boomer Harvey i reckon.

Hoskin Elliott I cant fit in, so would also trade for a later pick (developing tall back)

Quaynor Moore Howe
Crisp Kelly Maynard
Daicos Pendles Sidebottom
Elliott De Goey Mihocek
Stevo McDonald Phillips

Cameron, Adams, Crouch

T Brown, Noble, Ruscoe, Cox

E: Preuss, Madgen, Rough, Brodie, Murphy, Rantall, Bianco, Brown, Keane, Reef

done
Yep. Be bold. Don’t die wondering Pies.

Pies supporter.
Makes a change.

He'll be one of the best KPF's... just Like McCartin, Tom Boyd, Schache and Patton are...?

He'll be one of the best KPF's... just Like McCartin, Tom Boyd, Schache and Patton are...?
Geez you’re not giving me much to work with there.
Maybe you’d prefer to sit back and try to snare an established star KPF through free agency? I agree I t’s less risk but it is harder to secure the player.
Yes it’s a risk drafting a top pick because there’s no guarantees. Nowadays most turn out pretty good. The bad ones just stand out.
I offer one back to you. I wonder if Melbourne still break out in cold sweats when they think about selecting Jack Watts with pick 1 instead of Nic Naitanui?

Different situation completely.
Both were established stars who moved clubs during free agency. They both have chosen clubs offering the best opportunity for their careers. The previous Pies supporter factor had zero influence on them.
McDonald wants to be drafted by the Pies. Big difference. We also get to nurture our own KPF rather than hope for one with Free Agency.
I'm not advocating not to draft him but there's no difference whatsoever.

My point is 99% of the time it's irrelevant who you want to be drafted by.

Again those who are catastrophising forget:

- we were flag favourites after we beat Geel earlier in the year
- Rich have beaten us once in the last 4 meetings
- our season was savagely affected with to injuries to key players.
- supporters malign Cox as a KPF when he showed substantial improvement late in the year
- claim we have many holes in the list when that is not the case.
- think we are on a downward slide and need a rebuild based on our performances in the most disrupted season in AFL history

Our issue is more to do with game plan than list holes or list quality.
And all this catastrophising disappeared (and everything was good in the world) when we beat WC, but returned a week later. So are things really as bad as you think?

Oh this is gold! Couldn't help myself on the late reply

- we were flag favourites after we beat Geel earlier in the year .......... and yet that team we beat are in the GF after smashing us by 11+ goals
- Rich have beaten us once in the last 4 meetings............. and yet that team are in the GF after winning 2 of the last 3 flags.
- our season was savagely affected with to injuries to key players............... agreed, no other team had injuries
- supporters malign Cox as a KPF when he showed substantial improvement late in the year.............. Yep Cox will take us to the promised land, what is everyone thinking?
- think we are on a downward slide and need a rebuild based on our performances in the most disrupted season in AFL history.............. again the other 17 teams somehow did not experience this. Right again.

Our issue is more to do with game plan than list holes or list quality. The actual only relevant thing you've mentioned in this post, apart from the fact our list now does not match the contenders (maybe the tigers).

Cameron chose Geelong to avoid the limelight, it suits his preferred lifestyle, is close to family and Geelong are rather successful. Collingwood never had a chance of signing him, take your one eyed glasses off.
Talk about one eyed lol

Cameron choose Geelong as they put the work in. Been talk about Geelong being into him for close to a year.

We come hard late when his mind is made up and he chooses to go elsewhere. We butchered it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst bucks might be getting stale at Collingwood he'd walk into a coaching gig at another club if he wanted it.
It would be for the best for both parties. Nothing against Buckley but 10 years is long enough.

Who makes these ludicrous deals that’s now resulted in salary cap pressure. Cox $500k? Maynes huge contract? Grundy 1 million? This is a joke

We’ve now missed on Lynch and Cameron 2 players who could deliver a premiership.

the thing is, we ALWAYS get so many injures. it ALWAYS derails our season.

it derails the season usually because we start seasons with same players injured. For example Reid was key position depth and very very rarely not injured.

beams another spot down on list.

this year it was more who got injured.

It would be for the best for both parties. Nothing against Buckley but 10 years is long enough.

Who makes these ludicrous deals that’s now resulted in salary cap pressure. Cox $500k? Maynes huge contract? Grundy 1 million? This is a joke

We’ve now missed on Lynch and Cameron 2 players who could deliver a premiership.

lynch would of had us a premiership

Looks like Crouch has lost his preferred suitor now if reports are to be believed. Sucks to be him, busted with grams of blow, blew off $100-150k off his asking price a d
Why aren't they going Jordan Clark and Parfitt or Menegola?

Exactly. Even though Parfitt appears to be off the table now there are other options.

Geelong apparently pulling out of the race for Crouch muddies the waters a little though.

What are people’s thoughts on trading or delisting the Brown brothers? Let’s face it, they both wouldn’t be playing AFL if it wasn’t for their dad. They both can’t kick more than 30 to 40 metres. I’m not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Brown brothers need a massive offseason in the gym.

Callum needs to build up his legs so his kicking strength can improve.

Tyler needs to build up his upper body strength so he can play more in the midfield.

People saying at Hogan. The guy is a loose unit off the field. The guy didn’t average a goal a game and not even a point a game. And as a key forward on just over 1 score involvement.

We need a key forward not another player to make up the numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he has collingwood connections.

He's a nicer bloke in person than you think. I enjoy chatting to him at training.

You know, I really, really dislike Tom Browne as a footy journalist and this doesn't change that.

But I've gotta respect that you've had positive interactions with him and that he's a nice bloke to talk to.

We're all complicated beasts.

He wanted to go to Geelong. Be like pestering Megan Fox over and over to go out with you and then chucking a tanty when she won’t.
No it would be like being 18 again rolling into a party late trying to get the hot bird at school that some other blokes has got as he has invested the last 4 hours into making it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back