Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd this come from?

Contracted for 1 more year

According to who? No chance that'll happen.

stop it ya cheeky shit, they are not.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to write it as if thats the offer.

Meant that would have to be offer for us to consider it given the risk involved in taking on player with the demons that Oliver has and the form he has showed since mid way point of last season.

So if Bolton, Rioli, Baker, Grimes, Graham and Martin all go, I'd guess that's about $5mill of cap space freed up next year :eek:

We're going to struggle to meet the 95% minimum cap spend. I reckon we'll pay a chunk of Riolis and Boltons contracts and receive higher picks off GC and Freo in return. We'd be silly not to.
Should demand straight swap with noah Anderson

I'd be really concerned at the mental state of a player like Oliver choosing to come to Richmond as a 28 year old with us in our current situation.

There's always so much talk about younger guns not electing to come to the Tigers because of the prospect of a few years in the doldrums - being an older bloke would be way more ridiculous. At least 21 year-olds can almost be assured of being in a competitive unit at Punt Road by the time they're 25-26.

To me, it would ring serious alarm bells on his motivation, or lack thereof.

Jack Lukosius in a Rioli deal, yes please
Sick It'S Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Surely Dusty retiring swings the scales for blokes on the fence about staying or going.
Wouldn’t think so personally

As the year has gone on it was pretty apparent that he was either going to retire or head north

Don’t think todays news would of been much of a shock to any of the players

Oliver will be 28 next year. Would be a very shortsighted decision to bring him in, not even taking into account the off-field stuff.
Yes a very shortsighted decision for team but maybe not for it's coach. Yze could well be heading into next season with only 2 wins under his belt. Even with all the reassurance in the world it wouldn't be surprising if psychologically he was in serious survival mode. He may offer other excuses but he may want Oliver simply for that reason. The club has to stand firm and say no.

Yes a very shortsighted decision for team but maybe not for it's coach. Yze could well be heading into next season with only 2 wins under his belt. Even with all the reassurance in the world it wouldn't be surprising if psychologically he was in serious survival mode. He may offer other excuses but he may want Oliver simply for that reason. The club has to stand firm and say no.
If Yze wasn't on the same page as the list management team I would sack him now.

But I'm certain that would not be the case.

I'd be really concerned at the mental state of a player like Oliver choosing to come to Richmond as a 28 year old with us in our current situation.

There's always so much talk about younger guns not electing to come to the Tigers because of the prospect of a few years in the doldrums - being an older bloke would be way more ridiculous. At least 21 year-olds can almost be assured of being in a competitive unit at Punt Road by the time they're 25-26.

To me, it would ring serious alarm bells on his motivation, or lack thereof.

In regards to young players , unless they were absolute guns I think the promise of game time would be the main incentive to come to the club.

Targeting young players on the fringes at the Giants etc they would love the opportunity to be playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants traded Taylor Adams for Heath Shaw

Wonder if we could work out something like that with the suns, we get one of their young guns for Rioli

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Giants traded Taylor Adams for Heath Shaw

Wonder if we could work out something like that with the suns, we get one of their young guns for Rioli

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We should be totally focused on youth. Bring in guys that around 23-24 years old so that they will hit their prime as we look to contend

Yea I reckon he’s damaged goods and how the heck would he mould into a midfield that has TT and Hopper , at his best he’s damned good I might add
get rid of hopper and get clayto

straight swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back