Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, we will get a net loss from these trades in regards to overall quality. However, what we will get is 12+ years out of any successful picks. Once again, there’s a very good reason clubs don’t proactively trade out quality players in their prime for picks…. basically ever.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Vickery was let go with a blessing for pick 29 2016 (Bolton).

In Hell Swerk GIF
Last 15 pages

Can't believe what I've been reading. If Rayner is available, especially as a free agent we should definitely be enquiring regardless of our list position. If he was 28 I'd be like hell no, but he is 25 at the start of next season and will be in his prime when we are likely going to be challenging again.

You need top end talent and considering we are going to lose a fair bit of it, we need an established player like him who will add a different dimension to our midfield.

I know you all hate players who have been tainted by the opposition, but you're crazy if you don't want a player like Rayner.

We are four years away from playing finals assuming Bolton leaves and we nail our top draft picks the next three seasons. By which time he will be 29. He doesn't fit at all with our timeline.

We are four years away from playing finals assuming Bolton leaves and we nail our top draft picks the next three seasons. By which time he will be 29. He doesn't fit at all with our timeline.
I wish I had the accuracy of your foresight.
Please enlighten me of the lotto numbers.

Okay, I'll stop being facetious but no one saw Hawthorn being this good, this soon. I don't see why we can't do the same.

I wish I had the accuracy of your foresight.
Please enlighten me of the lotto numbers.

Okay, I'll stop being facetious but no one saw Hawthorn being this good, this soon. I don't see why we can't do the same.
Hawks spent 4 years near the bottom and still likely to miss a 5th year. You're kind of making his point 😁

Hawks spent 4 years near the bottom and still likely to miss a 5th year. You're kind of making his point 😁
I was more referring from when Mitchell took over as that's when they went through their radical transformation. It's more akin to what we are going through currently.

Getting free agents now is absolutely idiotic. Bank cap and then in 3-5 years as the new young core is coming through you buy a Tom Lynch KPF like a Cadman ect. In what world would getting Cam Rayner help this team.

I sincerely hope the club isn't trying to top up with more mature ages because Yze knows he needs to be somewhat competitive. Blair and co need to remain strong.

Getting free agents now is absolutely idiotic. Bank cap and then in 3-5 years as the new young core is coming through you buy a Tom Lynch KPF like a Cadman ect. In what world would getting Cam Rayner help this team.

I sincerely hope the club isn't trying to top up with more mature ages because Yze knows he needs to be somewhat competitive. Blair and co need to remain strong.

There is probably no reason not to try to get free agents if suitable ones are on the market. Guns we recruit through the draft are going to be on next to nothing for 3+ years and most of our big money players look like being gone. So yes we want to be banking some cap, but you you can only bank 5% I think. So if we are paying 95% of our cap then we want players who will allow the gun youngsters to flourish best. Basically physically strong rucks, key position players, and midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bank cap? With all the players who are leaving or retiring this year we will struggle to reach the minimum cap spend for next year.
Cap space isn't going to be an issue in terms of having enough.

I said ‘quality’ players. Vickery was useless when he left us and got worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
im just about ready to see the back of bolton

blokes shite unless hes in an elite team

even then he plays one good game a month

Gees Kosi until 2026….

Samson until 2027……

Short until 2027…..

What’s going on?

Why does everyone keep thinking Kosi is contracted til 2026 ?

He signed a 2 year deal.

My best mate is his uncle & I asked him again at the pies game that we went to together & he confirmed out of contract end of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw Liam Ryan is getting shopped by the eagles

Before anyone mentions it

No.

He’s cooked
Can’t run or jump anymore if he is any part of the potential Baker or Bolton trades I’ll actually vomit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back