Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone keep thinking Kosi is contracted til 2026 ?

He signed a 2 year deal.

My best mate is his uncle & I asked him again at the pies game that we went to together & he confirmed out of contract end of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally someone else who understands this!!! It's never been said anywhere outside of some dodgy trade radio reporting that he signed for three years.

Just saw Liam Ryan is getting shopped by the eagles

Before anyone mentions it

No.

He’s cooked
Can’t run or jump anymore if he is any part of the potential Baker or Bolton trades I’ll actually vomit
Bombers would be sniffing around

We could arguably do worse than trade for one or two veterans on short term deals, not sure how it would fit into the strategy though. Thinking a sneaky grab like Goldstein or Wingard could do a job reasonably reliably and take a question mark out of our team selection.

Oliver's looking like a good shout
No.

Shouldn't be targeting anyone until the 2026 off season at earliest. Need at least two years picking the best talent in the draft and depending on how they look start building a list to fit with them. If you nail those picks then look at FA along with possibly using draft picks to trade for a young star who wants to return home.

I'd also question anyone who came here in the next two years as money would be the only reason for coming.
FA buddy. Nothing to do with drafting best talent.

I get it because it’s a ‘free hit’ for Eagles as he’s a free agent …. but I can’t fathom Eagles are paying ballpark of $2.4m for Graham, and we are getting pick-22 for him.

He suffers regular soft tissue injuries and doesn’t seem a good fit for an Eagles team needing to rebuild.

Weird, just weird. But absolute gold for us if we get pick-22 in a strong draft, absolute gold.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Want him for his character, leadership, resilience, team player etc ect. All the off field stuff.

Getting Cam Rayner is idiotic.

We need 15-18 young guns who can play 100 games together. That will help us become great alongside a well structured coaching and development group.

When he hit our window, we recruit for needs base with our draft picks
It’s a free hit. Not that hard to understand. We have all this money to spend. We can’t spend it on anything else. North are still 5yrs away from a premiership with their 15 young guns.

Getting free agents now is absolutely idiotic. Bank cap and then in 3-5 years as the new young core is coming through you buy a Tom Lynch KPF like a Cadman ect. In what world would getting Cam Rayner help this team.

I sincerely hope the club isn't trying to top up with more mature ages because Yze knows he needs to be somewhat competitive. Blair and co need to remain strong.
Ideally if the cfl bring in cap for picks it'll be of a more of a benefit too us too bring in as much young talent as we can say for the next 2-3yrs.Rather than spending the cap on a cam raynor .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets hope this is not the one he gets right
Think we are safe

secret smell GIF

I just don’t understand how people could be against getting a 24 year old guy like Rayner for free and be against it.

I’m all for “blowing the list up” but we need some “experience” to shield and protect as they grow. If they come for free and at a great age to go with our list build, surely you are ok with it. Especially since we need to fill in our salary cap, so front loading a deal would make sense.

I just don’t understand how people could be against getting a 24 year old guy like Rayner for free and be against it.

I’m all for “blowing the list up” but we need some “experience” to shield and protect as they grow. If they come for free and at a great age to go with our list build, surely you are ok with it. Especially since we need to fill in our salary cap, so front loading a deal would make sense.
Yep and he’d still be here when we want to be playing finals again so I don’t see the issue in getting a 24 year old.

Anyone 27 and above probably too old for us, but 24 seems to be in the hitting zone, especially when you consider we have very little talent in that age bracket

Rayner would be a good get as a FA, but we are not ready to make these moves.
Agree here, from here FA should be used as "cream on top" players, Let the kids play/develop & worry about that later on. We need to build the cake 1st.

Yep. Our forward line will be the one lacking experience if we make the reported trades. Must keep. We will draft a KPF and would love them to learn off Lynch as opposed to Kozi/Ryan. Will be huge for development.
Need to install some white line fever and take no shit attitude into our forwards!

Create genuine fear, let Stewart type defenders know that their type of thuggery won't be tolerated!

Last edited:
Getting free agents now is absolutely idiotic. Bank cap and then in 3-5 years as the new young core is coming through you buy a Tom Lynch KPF like a Cadman ect. In what world would getting Cam Rayner help this team.

I sincerely hope the club isn't trying to top up with more mature ages because Yze knows he needs to be somewhat competitive. Blair and co need to remain strong.
Bringing Cam Rayner in is like hiring Steve Hocking to advise on rule changes :think:

Finally someone else who understands this!!! It's never been said anywhere outside of some dodgy trade radio reporting that he signed for three years.

footywire says contracted until 2026. So I’ve got no idea, as I can’t find anything confirming a 2 or 3 year deal. How do you know it’s 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back