Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t understand how people could be against getting a 24 year old guy like Rayner for free and be against it.

I’m all for “blowing the list up” but we need some “experience” to shield and protect as they grow. If they come for free and at a great age to go with our list build, surely you are ok with it. Especially since we need to fill in our salary cap, so front loading a deal would make sense.
campaigners are acting like its coming out of their pockets , I just don't get it , Rayner is a perfect
Age to come in , we are losing a shit ton of
Experience, leadership and people don't want him? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Why does everyone keep thinking Kosi is contracted til 2026 ?

He signed a 2 year deal.

My best mate is his uncle & I asked him again at the pies game that we went to together & he confirmed out of contract end of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zero Hanger also have him as contracted until 2026. Why would he leave Hawks just on a 2 year deal? It’s 3 years

Before any play for Rayner, Balta needs to be locked away on a nice deal.

For those saying Rayner isn't the right play, he'd be perfect as a free addition, unless Lions matched and forced a trade, but we'd avoid that by putting a deal to him that would make it hard for the Lions to match with our cap space opening right up.

Zero Hanger also have him as contracted until 2026. Why would he leave Hawks just on a 2 year deal? It’s 3 years
HAWKS’ HIGH PRICE FOR FORWARD AS PORT MAKE CATS OFFER

Hawthorn is reportedly asking for a top-25 pick in exchange for wantaway key forward Jacob Koschitzke.

The out-of-contract 23-year-old has asked for a trade to Richmond, with the Tigers tipped to offer a late selection for the former No.52 draft pick who has kicked 54 goals from 48 career matches.

But despite playing him just 12 times this past season the Hawks are asking for a pick around 25, according to multiple reports. Richmond has picks 27, 48 and 66.

The Hawks are set to replace Koschitzke with Gold Coast’s Mabior Chol but are willing to offer a future third-round pick for the ex-Tiger.

Hawthorn had offered Koschitzke a one-year deal at as little as $150,000, but after offering Chol four years with a trigger for a fifth, according to the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph.

Meanwhile SEN’s Tom Morris reports Port Adelaide is expected to offer its earliest pick (currently pick 23) for Geelong’s Esava Ratugolea.

However the Cats will consider asking for more to begin negotiations.

Richmond offered a 2-year deal before Hawthorn decided to match it, however, Koschitzke was committed to go to Richmond.

HAWKS’ HIGH PRICE FOR FORWARD AS PORT MAKE CATS OFFER

Hawthorn is reportedly asking for a top-25 pick in exchange for wantaway key forward Jacob Koschitzke.

The out-of-contract 23-year-old has asked for a trade to Richmond, with the Tigers tipped to offer a late selection for the former No.52 draft pick who has kicked 54 goals from 48 career matches.

But despite playing him just 12 times this past season the Hawks are asking for a pick around 25, according to multiple reports. Richmond has picks 27, 48 and 66.

The Hawks are set to replace Koschitzke with Gold Coast’s Mabior Chol but are willing to offer a future third-round pick for the ex-Tiger.

Hawthorn had offered Koschitzke a one-year deal at as little as $150,000, but after offering Chol four years with a trigger for a fifth, according to the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph.

Meanwhile SEN’s Tom Morris reports Port Adelaide is expected to offer its earliest pick (currently pick 23) for Geelong’s Esava Ratugolea.

However the Cats will consider asking for more to begin negotiations.

Richmond offered a 2-year deal before Hawthorn decided to match it, however, Koschitzke was committed to go to Richmond.
Think it would be a 2 year with a trigger for 3 based on games played

Sounds like we're having a Fire Sale! I think the media smell blood and are now expecting everyone of worth to leave.

We need experience and older player to protect and educate the young guns that will be coming in. Without that and those kids will never develop and reach their potential. Odds on only half the kids chosen will make it anyway so while I'm all for getting value for the players that are demanding to go, I don't think we need to encourage experienced main stays to leave for a late 7th rounder.

List management is always a balance and always takes longer than impatient supporters predict. Buckle up fellas! :drunk:
They smell blood alright !… the media have loved feasting on the TIGERS all year … they all hated the success we had

I just don’t understand how people could be against getting a 24 year old guy like Rayner for free and be against it.

I’m all for “blowing the list up” but we need some “experience” to shield and protect as they grow. If they come for free and at a great age to go with our list build, surely you are ok with it. Especially since we need to fill in our salary cap, so front loading a deal would make sense.
I’d def be keen however I reckon there’d be a load of interest so not sure we’d be a chance , unless we show a heck of a lot of improvement next season then we will have more appeal

I’d def be keen however I reckon there’d be a load of interest so not sure we’d be a chance , unless we show a heck of a lot of improvement next season then we will have more appeal
Twomey named about 14 Vic clubs that were keen. There were so many listed I think some were from other leagues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it’s not ! Hawks offered him 1 year & us 2

Unless Jacob lied to his uncle

Extra year when your career is on the line makes a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t even break into the druggos midfield that bats as deep as Merrett and that’s it

passsssss
I wonder what his VFL form is like, cant see he is a need though.

Had to check, averaging 27 possessions and 6 tackles a game which is solid. Upgrade on Dow with his ability to rest forward. Still, not a need.

Finally someone else who understands this!!! It's never been said anywhere outside of some dodgy trade radio reporting that he signed for three years.
The club has copped huge criticism at times about this here so I hope a few quieten down now as 2y is a fair chance for him to show if he has it. If not, we aren't locked in to anything longer. He was always brought in as a stop gap and back up player which is essentially what he is.

If Eagles have offered Jack Graham a 4 year deal, please let him go and do not match Richmond.

This is gold for us and the first good thing Matty Clarke has done for us.

Surely these are piss takes?
Why tf are we looking at more slow poorly skilled mids, we are loaded with that.
We need speed and skill fmd

We should not entertain any ‘cast-off’ mids, no matter what they cost. No Phillips, no Settlefield, no Hobbs and no Tsatas.

We have TT and Hopper as full-time mids. When fit they will 100% play seniors. Then in 2025 at least there’s Prestia, who will also play mid when fit.

Then we want to give midfield minutes to McAuliffe, and I’d want to see Sonsie given an opportunity in there. Then there’s at least 2-3 x draftees who will be mids who I want given midfield minutes.

The Hawks moved on JOM, Shiels and Mitchell to ensure midfield spots were available - and players like Nash, Day, Newcombe and Worpel have thrived with the extra opportunity and responsibility.

If we are 0-12 and the wolves are at Yze’s door, and Yze has the chance to select Draper/FOS/Smith in the midfield, or the more seasoned Settlefield, Phillips or Hobbs, who is he choosing? We need to make sure there’s no option to revert to C-grade midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back