Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems you guys are getting easily side tracked here.

Bolton for 9 & 17* (will be pick 14 when port straight sets.

Rioli for pick 5 & 20

Come at me haters

Who?

I'm personally not happy we're bottoming out and disagreeing with the idea that Richmond would be a destination many draftees would particularly like to end up, especially interstaters. We've got too many homesick interstaters anyway according to the rumours. Plus the AFL and media have it in for us and a lot of that rubs off on the club perception wise - we can't be sure players will want to commit to a club that's going through a rebuild.

The Boners are going to stay shite for a while longer, one thing's for sure if I was a draft recruit from halfway across the world I'd much rather be at Punt Road than their knackers yard. We've got the draft hand let's use it and we'll float back up before our player farm Tassie gets their preferential treatment club up and running.
It's the reality of where we are, no point having a sook about it, club needs to own it and fix it. Head to the draft and maximize the assets we do currently have before it's too late.

In 2009 when we signed Hardwick we drafted a heap of young top picks just prior and yet we still managed to entice players like Grigg and Houli to the club, so saying no one will be interested is pure rubbish.

You said we aren't a big 4 club, that is pure trolling, you must have had your head in the sand from 2017?

We don't have to offload players like Cumberland because these players are leaving or retiring probably.
Martin, Grimes, Bolton, Baker, Graham. Delist Colina and Coulthart
You need to be rid of list clogger types also. Cumbo first.

If Blair pulls that off for Rioli and Bolton he deserves a statue.

I’ll give it a shot, I think some will be more complicated:

Rioli to GC for Pick 5 and future second
Bolton and a future fourth to Freo for Pick 9, 10 and a future second
Baker and Pick 30 to Freo for Pick 17 and Pick 26
Why would we accept a future 2nd when pick #20 is in GC pocket that will get consumed by the lombard bid
GC also have academy picks next year that will require picks

Club would absolutely never ever ever take so many picks in a single draft. It just makes absolutely no sense to not kick some down the line to next year.

You limit the opportunities for development and stack up contract renewals and essentially guarantee that you lose some of them when they don't get enough opportunity.

You're also working your way well down the list of guys you want rather than getting your top picks of 2 separate drafts.
Depends how many you like.

Can we trade Morro while we're on a roll? Salary dump. Blokes a spud.
Tbf this whole board needs a cleanout. Delist some of theses spuds. It's like a ****ing potato salad in here sometimes.

Imagine the young talent out there. Kids with dexterous opposable thumbs

Get rid of all the dead wood and we could have a full rebuild over the (Jack) Ough season commensurate with the Tigs themselves !

Last edited:
Bolton & Baker deal looks about right as these picks are going back a fair bit

Pick #5 alone is unders for a contracted player the suns have a hard on for and i would be demanding their 2nd 1st rounder as well.

Get the Rioli deal done first
Trade out the junk picks for Brisbanes 1st rounder
Bolton deal gets done last minute if the dorkers come to the party , After missing out on finals they will be desperate for that missing piece

* Baker & Bolton to the eagles
#3 + F1 for #22 + #30
The thing about Bolton is he said he wants a move west, so if freo don't come to the party early WC can always come in, so there is incentive to get it done early for Freo.

Gonna be crazy here in a few weeks when Harley Reid wants out.
Reid for Bolton
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually the deal itself for Ottens was bad as well. We didn't get fair value for what he was worth at the time. We were demanding a pick well within the top 10 and another 1st round pick, but Geelong could only get pick 12 and 16 which we had to reluctantly accept because he was out of contract.

Back then there was no trading future picks which made getting a fair trade harder.
this is a great example.

12 and 16 in the draft was not worth it like 9 and 10 would not be worth it in this draft

Last edited:
The thing about Bolton is he said he wants a move west, so if freo don't come to the party early WC can always come in, so there is incentive to get it done early for Freo.

I think he could go to West Coast for pick 3.

Pick 3 is a good pick but pick 3 in relation to the draft options is about right for Botlon I think and I think West Coast would rather Bolton than pick 3 because even at pick 3 there are a few unknowns

With pick 3 West Coast have a WA player of Bolton's quality known, for many years to come, if West Coast take pick 3 to the draft who are they going to get and how iffy at 3 will the player be with possble go home issues??

Bolton will take the pressure off Reid to and helps them attract other players

See Bolton, Graham and Baker could end up at West Coast helping them improve their culture

Freo are not automatic premiership contenders, West Coast have time to shape their list

Last edited:
Twomey thinks 9 and 17..no ******* way.

He is worth 2 early firsts.. None of this borderline first round pick rubbish.
9 and 10-12 or find an upgrade somewhere else. He's the best player on our list. We need to play it hard
wot did no hoper & taranto cost again ? 9 & 12 & 19 ? something like that ? so 2 x premiership 26 yr old gun in prime time in contract :think: sgotta be nuthin short of 5/6 &,and 10-12 otherwise no sale:shrug:

I can't stress this enough.

When you're trading a commodity as valuable as Bolton you DO NOT entertain fringe players as part of the deal.

You trade purely on Bolton's value alone for picks. Any interest in a fringe player gets done in a separate deal.
Posters asked about bringing in players as well need to meet minimum cap payments, so I provided a list of Victorian players that could be available. I'm not saying definitely go after them.

Can't argue with the spud thing, the ladder doesn't lie.

Norf also brought in gun Sheezel and Wardlaw who is highly rated in some circles. Tristan Eckserri is an AA shout in his first full season as top ruck.

We're not as big a club as it seems. We're included in the 'Big 4' when people are slagging off the urban Melbourne teams and #VICBIAS, but there's a 'Big 3' otherwise.

If Richmond was a desirable club to play for, the likes of Bolton Baker Rioli would want to stay.
Druggos are a basket case

A lot to play out on the Rioli deal.
Gold Coast will need to deal Lukosius and rumours that he is keen to get back to SA. Adelaide are going to be needing some points for a Welsh bid. Good Coast are also needing points of their own to bring match a Lombard bid which is expected to be mid to late teens currently.

West Coast are not wanting to deal Barass straight for Baker. So they could look to upgrade their current pick 23 to a mid-teen pick.

How many picks do you think we'll actually use this draft? So far we have 9 picks, 6 in the first three rounds. If we trade out all the players the media are suggesting, we could end up with another 4-5 early picks! That's potentially, 14 picks!!!!

How many do you think we'll use and what will we do with the rest of them?

Agree I don't think we take more than 6-7 picks in the draft.

It's for that reason I can see us taking offers like 13 + Future 1st for Rioli as opposed to 5 + 21.

First point of call should be to bundle up those later picks and move up to the teens/20s and then look to trade some of those picks into 2025 draft.

If Bolton got us 9,10 then could see us trading Baker & 9 for pick 3 to eagles.

A lot to play out on the Rioli deal.
Gold Coast will need to deal Lukosius and rumours that he is keen to get back to SA. Adelaide are going to be needing some points for a Welsh bid. Good Coast are also needing points of their own to bring match a Lombard bid which is expected to be mid to late teens currently.

West Coast are not wanting to deal Barass straight for Baker. So they could look to upgrade their current pick 23 to a mid-teen pick.
Adelaide don’t need points for Welsh anymore if draft watchers are correct. He’s slid down the rankings massively

Only got a state combine invitation

Can't argue with the spud thing, the ladder doesn't lie.

Norf also brought in gun Sheezel and Wardlaw who is highly rated in some circles. Tristan Eckserri is an AA shout in his first full season as top ruck.

We're not as big a club as it seems. We're included in the 'Big 4' when people are slagging off the urban Melbourne teams and #VICBIAS, but there's a 'Big 3' otherwise.

If Richmond was a desirable club to play for, the likes of Bolton Baker Rioli would want to stay.
Dusty, Rance, Riewoldt, and Cotchin stayed and retired as one-club players. Deledio only left after more than a decade of on-field failure. Lynch, Taranto, Prestia, Caddy, and Hopper came here despite being courted by other Melbournian clubs.

The reason why Bolton, Baker, and Rioli are leaving is because no club can prevent their stars from entertaining other offers when they only win 2 games in a season. Especially not the players that originally come from interstate.

We’re still a big Victorian club

Dunno how it will work, but, the player is gone/wants out. I will flip out if we let him go for under. We need to go full Dodoro on these players leaving.
Fremantle cannot complain either because they literally do it themselves. A first-rounder for Schultz?? Please.

If anything this should be an easy negotiation if they’re self-aware as a club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back