Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said it long before me and I wish I could remember whom....so I am paraphrasing...

Super Calla Fragelistic Don't Take Jack Lukosius !
Is he related to Incy-wincy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-Isaac-Heeney ?

I am not devaluing him, I could also ask why are you and others so hell bent on over valuing him?

Its clearly just a difference in opinion, but April is usually a month after the season starts so its basically the start of the season IMO.

I am so confident that I am closer to his value than what is being bandied around in here that I am posting my opinion as fact. Book mark this and other posts, GC want him, he will likely end up there and it wont be for 3 firsts with one of them being pick 5.

I love Dan, one of my favs, but prepare to be disappointed if you are expecting an offer such as 5, 14 and 22. I would go as far to say, that the AFL would step in at this point and drug test the entire FD at the Suns.
Jeez mate, I've never said all those three picks would come our way. If you check my post that you quoted, I said "A draft pick 6-8 AND another pick 12-15 should be the absolute minimum as a starting point" from our boys when negotiating.

By that I mean if we could snaffle #7 and #14 that'd be a good outcome. If it's #5 and #15 I'll be thrilled. #3 and #22 ecstatic. #3 and #14 and I buy a Suns membership next season 😁

But yeah, I'm probably going to be disappointed. Doesn't mean we don't push for it. Draft picks just don't mean the same to the Suns as they do to normal teams.

It's like if you're doing a fix-up job for very wealthy clients who are on a short time frame - you can charge overs and they just pay it because they want the job done fast and properly. Dan Rioli is a fast and proper fix for the desperate Suns.

Jeez mate, I've never said all those three picks would come our way. If you check my post that you quoted, I said "A draft pick 6-8 AND another pick 12-15 should be the absolute minimum as a starting point" from our boys when negotiating.

By that I mean if we could snaffle #7 and #14 that'd be a good outcome. If it's #5 and #15 I'll be thrilled. #3 and #22 ecstatic. #3 and #14 and I buy a Suns membership next season 😁

But yeah, I'm probably going to be disappointed. Doesn't mean we don't push for it. Draft picks just don't mean the same to the Suns as they do to normal teams.

It's like if you're doing a fix-up job for very wealthy clients who are on a short time frame - you can charge overs and they just pay it because they want the job done fast and properly. Dan Rioli is a fast and proper fix for the desperate Suns.
I thkn the confusion is when you replied to me, I had been replying to the posts around getting 3 first rounders.

Based on the above, it seems you ended up as confused as me.

Exactly Ghost.
Add some cap relief and we keep our good guys rep.

Darcy involved in the Shai trade?
This might not be the worst play given our rucks are cooked when Nank gets injured or if Nank drops off in 1-2 years. The only issue is for me that at 26, he is a little old for a rebuild, yet I do see the merit in replacing Nank as a battering ram.

My gut at this stage says to still go hard at the draft and try and find the next killer ruck which will take two years to develop as we still have sufficient depth (that is crap) and Nank who has two more years in him I reckon.

If we get a couple first round picks or a top 10 pick and Darcy I would consider it provided we get well compensated for Rioli and Baker. Gut says take the picks and harvest youth for a 2-3 years then seek the talents of a Darcy type in their mid 20's.

You would have thought we will target a ruckman of some description as depth with really Nank & Ryan as our only legit ruck options. Whose out there?

Ned Reeves?
fat darcy for a 3rd rounder

We need to be asking the world for Rioli , idgaf what neutrals have to say , I know Dimma when a players says yea I want in,,, he’s like when the bar opens with a tab at a sales conference , he’s anyones , and he’s all over it
also dumma will feel he owes us for tarranto and hopper and he might feel a little sorry for us in our current state

This might not be the worst play given our rucks are cooked when Nank gets injured or if Nank drops off in 1-2 years. The only issue is for me that at 26, he is a little old for a rebuild, yet I do see the merit in replacing Nank as a battering ram.

My gut at this stage says to still go hard at the draft and try and find the next killer ruck which will take two years to develop as we still have sufficient depth (that is crap) and Nank who has two more years in him I reckon.

If we get a couple first round picks or a top 10 pick and Darcy I would consider it provided we get well compensated for Rioli and Baker. Gut says take the picks and harvest youth for a 2-3 years then seek the talents of a Darcy type in their mid 20's.
Your gut feel is correct. Darcy is cooked, can't stay on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Ned Moyle was still on the table

5 and Moyle for Rioli and one of our picks in the 30’s

When I'm serious, I try to be unbias.

Rioli is worth more than Pick #5. Can't believe people on social media suggesting he's worth 20+.
We need to maintain our dignity and not give the tripe any oxygen
Saad git pic 6 coz dildo said we require a adequate compo for a player that came 3rd in their bf ,,,,rioli will win ours

Darcy involved in the Shai trade?

Darcy is a fat qunt, get's injured all the time, is on a ****load of coin and is lazy AF. I'd burn the joint down if we swapped him for Shai. Rucks are easy to find. Hawks got Lloyd Meek for **** all and he's just as good.

Surely we get two first round picks for Bolton, two picks for Rioli and one for Baker? I'm expecting a mid to late second round pick for Graham too. The only way I'd be happy without receiving the above is if two of any of the first round picks become one early first rounder.

If we are not offered that for Bolton and Rioli, I'd rather keep the players and try again next year. This would have the added benefit of spreading out the draft picks across two years and giving more protection/onfield coaching to the new recruits for additional year, also.

With Baker and Graham we do not hold the cards but with their long contracted players, we certainly do. We need to make sure we enter negotiations with that firmly in mind. Its not about what's fair or what they are worth, its what we're willing to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back