Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely we get two first round picks for Bolton, two picks for Rioli and one for Baker? I'm expecting a mid to late second round pick for Graham too. The only way I'd be happy without receiving the above is if two of any of the first round picks become one early first rounder.

If we are not offered that for Bolton and Rioli, I'd rather keep the players and try again next year. This would have the added benefit of spreading out the draft picks across two years and giving more protection/onfield coaching to the new recruits for additional year, also.

With Baker and Graham we do not hold the cards but with their long contracted players, we certainly do. We need to make sure we enter negotiations with that firmly in mind. Its not about what's fair or what they are worth, its what we're willing to take.
Spot on. But your logic and reasoning won't fly with the draft and trade gurus.

I said 3 picks for Rioli. 1 being his worth. The 2nd because you have to pay a premium for he's contracted for 3 years and we'd give valuable salary cap relief to them. The 3rd because we'd swap a pile of picks that will add up for their academy points.

Maybe if I just suggested each deal 1 by 1 then it might not seem so bad.

Richmond give Rioli and his salary - Gold Coast give pick 5 & 20 (will likely be 7 & 22)
Gold Coast Pick 14 (likely 16) - 1161 points Richmond gives 39, 41, 48, 65 - 1250 points

Is it aiming high? Absolutely. It probably won't happen, but we should push for it and see what gets offered. And if the offer isn't amazing then like you said - we should say not this year.

Just like GWS through the years, GC have had to pay their players a premium and they still have salary cap issues. There is a reason they're supposedly shopping Lukosius to Adelaide.

Surely we get two first round picks for Bolton, two picks for Rioli and one for Baker? I'm expecting a mid to late second round pick for Graham too. The only way I'd be happy without receiving the above is if two of any of the first round picks become one early first rounder.

If we are not offered that for Bolton and Rioli, I'd rather keep the players and try again next year. This would have the added benefit of spreading out the draft picks across two years and giving more protection/onfield coaching to the new recruits for additional year, also.

With Baker and Graham we do not hold the cards but with their long contracted players, we certainly do. We need to make sure we enter negotiations with that firmly in mind. Its not about what's fair or what they are worth, its what we're willing to take.
Has to be this... Agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is broad the only one with tatts left in our team? Its gonna be hard for me to pretend Dusty is still playing now
Vlastuin, Ross, Baker, Taranto, Short, Dan, Shai, Mansell, Macca, Graham, Cumbo, Lefau, Bauer, OHB, Pickett all have tatts I'm aware of

I think most here feel pretty much the same way

You would have thought we will target a ruckman of some description as depth with really Nank & Ryan as our only legit ruck options. Whose out there?

Ned Reeves?
Depends how they rate OHB. Still a long way from AFL level but is there for a break glass situation.
Kozi, Balta and a couple of the other talls can pinch hit.
I would say we get another Naismith type pick up (with better knees) while we give Ryan and OHB another year to develop and reasses this time next year.
We can always grab a ruck in the MSD if we get desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back