Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

why do we never get father sons ? colonwood, scats, footscray all kissed on the dick
We have three potential ones right under our nose yet there's campaigners here want Marlion Pickett booted for the sake of 10 (probably as the sub) games when we've bottomed out and it would cost us virtually nothing.

I think it's because most of our 90's & 00's players were ****ing duds. The one superstar we did have ended up having kids late in life and were girls LMAO
luke darcy was a dud too

So if Rioli ,Baker and Bolton get traded how are we going to get to the mandatory 80% of the salary cap?
I've been trying to work out how clubs might assign value (draft picks) to the amount that a club is willing to offer in salary cap relief and reckon that the formula that the AFL uses as compensation to clubs when losing free agent might be a good place to start, even with the allocation of compensation being tied to ladder position.

Using Band 3 as a starting point, then offering 4 years of about $560k/year triggers a 2nd round pick after the original 2nd rounder. Most are saying that Bolton (for example) would cost Freo's 1st 3 picks (9, 10 & 17) with a 2nd coming back (21 or 30) So if we paid that $560k/year then we're negating that need for say 21 being used in the deal at all.

There's similar talk around Rioli with 13 & 20 & F2 on the table, again with a 2nd going back (30) If we pay a similar amount then that again negates the need for us to provide that 2nd rounder.

Effectively, $1.12m/year gives us back picks 21 & maybe 22 (Graham compo) which could in turn be traded for 2 x 1st round picks next year. The points value of 21 & 22 = pick 7

I'm probably out a bit with my assumptions but you get the drift.

I think it's because most of our 90's & 00's players were ****ing duds. The one superstar we did have ended up having kids late in life and were girls LMAO

Just waiting for the plethora of paternity tests Dusty will have to do

why do we never get father sons ? colonwood, scats, footscray all kissed on the dick
Probably the other way around, our ex players to busy getting kissed on the dick rather than putting it in the right place to get us some father sons!!!
Actually we are due a good F/S now. Last time we had a couple of decent ones was when we sucked for 15 or so years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is true, why didnt Matty Knights, Wayne Campbell, Nick Daffy have any footy playing sons. Darren Gaspar girls, Richo girls.

Instead we got Naish LOL
nick daffy has a boy coming

If Sydney Stack had stayed and played 100 games and stayed with Monique Conti we would have been set.

Just having a look at father son selections by club, they are no where near as common as some here seem to think. Pies have been incredibly lucky with 3 good ones in the same team.

Most father sons only ever end up playing a handful of games, few actually even become decent.

Haven't done any proper stats work, but just got that looking at this list here. Even if our star players didn't have a girl, the chances of their sons becoming as good or better is pretty minimal.

I reckon the deals will be something like:-
Bolton for Freo picks 9, 10 and 26.
Rioli for Gold Coast picks 5 and 20
Baker for pick 12.
Graham for end of round 2 compensation (pick 37ish)

Total picks 1,5, 9, 10, 12, 20, 21, 26, 30, 37, 39, 40 etc
Remove 26 and 20 and it'd be more realistic, and it would be a bloody good haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back