List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Rioli, I spent some time thinking about it recently and I'd prefer if he stayed. It's hard to find a player like him.
  • extremely fast
  • is always willing to take the game on
  • pretty clean considering how fast he is
  • versatile

I'd prefer to lose Baker. Even though he kamikazes into every contest which is pretty inspiring, but I think it's harder to find a Rioli type as he isn't just your regular run of the mill half back flanker.
If he wants to leave, or is happy to leave, that's another story but I'd prefer if we held him.
prefer to lose Baker over any of the other names. most definitely over Rioli who only goes if the compensation is overs.

Rioli is 28yo start of 2025. If we reject 8 and 20 (yes, I know it’ll end up late-20’s) then we’d be absolutely crazy.

Let’s put it this way … what would you expect Dogs to do if they were on the bottom and GC offered 8 and 20 for Bailey Dale?

BTW …. I wouldn’t trade him against his will. If he says he’s really keen to stay I’d leave it there. But if he says he’s open to it if we thought it would be beneficial to all parties, then we should accept that trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
bullshite

even if he wants to stay for 8 and 20 we should trade him against is will

this is a business mang, rioli is 28. bad luck

bullshite

If Baker, Rioli, Hopper, Taranto all left end of the year, we definitely would be bottoming out, we would have replacements in. a midfielders draft theoretically, the youngsters would know the club is with them as their development would be priority and they would get more opportunity, there would be no confusing messages in terms of direction, less egos in the way and more of a open palete to shape the list and play as the youngsters develop in the way Yze wants to the new players strengths, the older statesman like Vlastuin, McIntosh and others would know they are there for support and guidance. We would get more good draft picks in 2025 and 2026, Yze and his support staff would deserve a extension, out of their control, the goal posts have shifted and I think stakeholders and supporters would accept this if it occurred trying to avoid a 30 year plus drought.

Let is not kid ourselves. If we did this it would be tough for a while. Long term Tiger supporters would be used to it, but we could not have a situation like Adam Simpson, we need to be smarter than that and understand the need for patience and calm conveying belief down the track. But could we see the benefits outweigh any short term pain as we get more better talent in before we surge again?

If we did this, and after looking at the Adam Simpson saga, Yze and his team would have to be backed in with support mechanisms, short term wins not a priority, adequate KPI's communicated to the fans, we could sell a few games in the short term, development and long term premiership aspirations the focus. Guys like Short, Graham still at least have a supporting role and are needed at minimum and wanted

A lot of our team would be youngsters and they would know it is about them, their development and rise, guys like Bauer, Gibcus etc.. get more time. Maybe it could be a bit like Geelong in the turn of the century, they rise up together eventually. We have plenty of younger key position prospects to try out to so the time would aid their development along with more empowerment as they would be handed the keys to our future.

The majority of the list should feel embraced and wanted and empowered especially the younger ones. Balta can make a decision what he wants over the coming years, but he is versatile and can choose what he wants

You know I look at clubs that are caught between when and what they should do and at Richmond we know about ninthmond. I think blowing it up is probably the best way to do it under the circumstances for this year and the initial years ahead. Not totally but blowing it up in moderation meaning Baker, Rioli, Taranto, Hopper trade out if they want depending on what we get and bring in the likes of Smillie, Lalor, and others for starters as a emerging base making RFC club a point of difference in the competition but that is okay. It is okay for RFC to seize the moment when most of the other clubs are chasing premiership glory especially looking at 2025 if not 2024 which is normal. POD means down the track RFC becomes a bigger destination club for new emerging talent coming through

Last edited:
If Baker, Rioli, Hopper, Taranto all left end of the year, we definitely would be bottoming out, we would have replacements in. a midfielders draft theoretically, the youngsters would know the club is with them as their development would be priority and they would get more opportunity, there would be no confusing messages in terms of direction, less egos in the way and more of a open palete to shape the list and play as the youngsters develop in the way Yze wants to the new players strengths, the older statesman like Vlastuin, McIntosh and others would know they are there for support and guidance. We would get more good draft picks in 2025 and 2026, Yze and his support staff would deserve a extension, out of their control, the goal posts have shifted and I think stakeholders and supporters would accept this if it occurred trying to avoid a 30 year plus drought.

Let is not kid ourselves. If we did this it would be tough for a while. Long term Tiger supporters would be used to it, but we could not have a situation like Adam Simpson, we need to be smarter than that and understand the need for patience and calm conveying belief down the track. But could we see the benefits outweigh any short term pain as we get more better talent in before we surge again?

If we did this, and after looking at the Adam Simpson saga, Yze and his team would have to be backed in with support mechanisms, short term wins not a priority, adequate KPI's communicated to the fans, we could sell a few games in the short term, development and long term premiership aspirations the focus. Guys like Short, Graham still at least have a supporting role and are needed at minimum and wanted

A lot of our team would be youngsters and they would know it is about them, their development and rise, guys like Bauer, Gibcus etc.. get more time. Maybe it could be a bit like Geelong in the turn of the century, they rise up together eventually. We have plenty of younger key position prospects to try out to so the time would aid their development along with more empowerment as they would be handed the keys to our future.

The majority of the list should feel embraced and wanted and empowered especially the younger ones. Balta can make a decision what he wants over the coming years, but he is versatile and can choose what he wants
200w (1) (25).gif

You know I look at clubs that are caught between when and what they should do and at Richmond we know about ninthmond. I think blowing it up is probably the best way to do it under the circumstances for this year and the initial years ahead. Not totally but blowing it up in moderation meaning Baker, Rioli, Taranto, Hopper trade out if they want depending on what we get and bring in the likes of Smillie, Lalor, and others for starters as a emerging base making RFC club a point of difference in the competition but that is okay. It is okay for RFC to seize the moment when most of the other clubs are chasing premiership glory especially looking at 2025 if not 2024 which is normal. POD means down the track RFC becomes a bigger destination club for new emerging talent coming through
Ground control to major Tom , we have bottomed out , we are set to record our worst year in the clubs history , how more bottom could you get 1960 2w but also 2 draws

Ground control to major Tom , we have bottomed out , we are set to record our worst year in the clubs history , how more bottom could you get 1960 2w but also 2 draws
not enough because Timmy T is saying 2 years, so may as well get draft picks for him and his mate Hopper and they can look for 2 years elsewhere where it is more realistic, they have already hopped from GWS, they can hop again

not enough because Timmy T is saying 2 years, so may as well get draft picks for him and his mate Hopper and they can look for 2 years elsewhere where it is more realistic, they have already hopped from GWS, they can hop again
Terrible idea , they’ll both shoulder the load as we introduce top end junior talent . Proven best method rather than throw bunch of school kids in that’ll take 15 years

Terrible idea , they’ll both shoulder the load as we introduce top end junior talent . Proven best method rather than throw bunch of school kids in that’ll take 15 years
rubbish, will not take 15 years and no load to shoulder.

lol, what load do you refer to? Smillie will be more capable and stronger. His fellow draftees will bee the same age and form a stronger bind sticking together

What load do you refer to?? The load of teh road to no-mans land??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fluck me, why do I keep coming into these threads and reading this shite.
What's wrong with me!!!!!!
It's like waking up next your ex and you remember that she's nuts.

lol, what load do you refer to? Smillie will be more capable and stronger. His fellow draftees will bee the same age and form a stronger bind sticking together

200w.gif

bullshite

Where have you been the last 15-years? Demons delisted James McDonald, Robertson when they wanted to go on … had to get Paul Roos in to repair the culture and took 9-years to make finals.

Roos delisted Boomer, Petrie, DalSanto, Firrito when they wanted to go on at end of 2016. The club is only now just recovering something resembling a decent team spirit.

The damage to the culture and ability to attract players to the club would be diabolical if we forced a famous Richmond name out against his will when he’s under contract. Do you think other contracted players would feel great about the club they play for knowing they might be next ? They’d all run for the hills at the first sign of trouble in future years.

Where have you been the last 15-years? Demons delisted James McDonald, Robertson when they wanted to go on … had to get Paul Roos in to repair the culture and took 9-years to make finals.

Roos delisted Boomer, Petrie, DalSanto, Firrito when they wanted to go on at end of 2016. The club is only now just recovering something resembling a decent team spirit.

The damage to the culture and ability to attract players to the club would be diabolical if we forced a famous Richmond name out against his will when he’s under contract. Do you think other contracted players would feel great about the club they play for knowing they might be next ? They’d all run for the hills at the first sign of trouble in future years.

Poor example. They had no trade currency they just delisted players. Our difference would be getting the equivalent of a start up club concession in two drafts.

Nope
Need quality and leadership to help develop the next wave elite talent or not

Look what happened to Trengrove and Scully at Melbourne when they got thrown to the wolves
Two extremely talented players had their careers ruined and it set Melbourne back 10 years

When we had a young Cotch, Lids and Dusty we had the likes of Tuck, Newman, Cogs ect protecting them until they were ready to physically take ownership of the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back