List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim English
Ruck/Fwd(CHF)

Got smashed by Grundy last night and can look like he takes a half step into contact.
But has had a significant concussion.
But I think there’s some merit to the idea.
Unrestricted FA at the end of this season.

Wonder if his name had come up?

Personally, I think Mansell has the potential to be a very effective small fwd for us.

We might laugh at this player, but you cannot deny that someone like Gryan Miers went from a player that supporters laughed at (probably because of the way he kicked the ball), to becoming one of the deadliest kicks into the fwd 50 for a small fwd.

I'm not saying the Mansell can develop the accuracy of Miers with his kicking, but Miers went from a, let's be honest, sht player into one of the best players in his position, so I'm not willing to write Mansell off just yet, especially when he's shown that he is a good pressure and tackling player who does well in the air given his size.
Miers was never shit.

Tim English
Ruck/Fwd(CHF)

Got smashed by Grundy last night and can look like he takes a half step into contact.

WA lad whos gf is playing netball for a WA team...
Id guess he would head far west if he was to leave the dogs

Realistically say a club came knocking... What do you kents reckon it would take to get Bolton out of Punt Rd?

U've all seen how dogshite our small forwards are, it would be the best trade since Judd for us even if we had to fork up a lot of picks.
Realistically it would be something that would cause your fans to set fire to Optus Oval.

Unless you could find 2 top 10 picks then we probably are not even going to pick up the phone. De koning or Curnow would get us to sit at the table long enough to hear what you would want included in the trade.

Whilst I am an outlier on this forum for wanting to get rid of Bolton (I see him as a cream player that is top 5 in the gsme when you are contending and mediocre when struggling) trying to be realistic is that the deal would see a key cog of the Carlton team leaving or you guys missing out in your F/S.

Because Bolton is just so God damn good when the team is dangerous it means that we will want to keep him around because "maybe this year we will bounce"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim English
Ruck/Fwd(CHF)

Hasn't been the same since the head knock and concussion in pre-season. I'd steer clear.
Miers was never s**t.
He definitely was.

We have cap money coming up with Dusty $1.2mil contract ending this year, Lynch $1.2mil contract ending next year, and other senior players likely to be retired shortly also in Prestia, Grimes, Pickett and KMac.

Wouldn't bother bringing anyone in who doesn't have 5+ years left in them though.

We have cap money coming up with Dusty $1.2mil contract ending this year, Lynch $1.2mil contract ending next year, and other senior players likely to be retired shortly also in Prestia, Grimes, Pickett and KMac.

Wouldn't bother bringing anyone in who doesn't have 5+ years left in them though.
Offer Reid 1.75mil

To think some on this board wanted this absolute campaigner at our club
Yeah, he’s wired wrong or something.
Gotta admit I was interested when it started getting some traction others might entertain the idea.

Beenin Norths Academy system since he was 15…elite school, would’ve gotten programs and had people right in his life doing sh.t for him, had about five interventions and attempts to straighten him out and kept threatening women while he was on one of the programs.

Thrown away a career

Hit the draft hard this year, then in 2025 target free agents like Tom De Koning, LDU, Ed richards, Cam Raynor, Sam Draper.

Reckon if we go hard we are a geniune chance at De koning given how much of the blues salary cap is already tied up in big contracts, our need for a forward/ruck and our marquee games. I think LDU probably goes collingwood and the rest all re-sign but got to throw our hat in the ring

BT called him out for flopping in the Prelim or Granny when he tried to bump and block Houli
QF: Ling calls Grimes a diver = Grimes fined for diving
PF: silence from Ling for both Danger and Miers diving and flopping = no fine either
GF: Ling calls out Grimes for diving = McAvaney telling Ling to STFU without actually saying it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back