List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

No, everyone’s expectations are simply too high for a half forward in a sh*te team. He’s not in great form at the moment, no doubt. But this talk of downhill skiing etc… is not really correct based on as short a time ago as 2023 when we finished 13th.

Who is on track for AA half forward in 2024? Dylan Moore? Izak Rankine?

Shai Bolton 2023 v Moore 2024 v Rankine 2024:

Disposals: 21.7 v 18.8 v 19.2
Goals: 1.4 v 1.6 v 2.0
GA: 0.8 v 1.0 v 1.0
Inside 50: 5.4 v 4.0 v 4.4
CP: 9.7 v 7.6 v 10.1
Clearances: 4.0 v 1.9 v 4.0
SI: 7.0 v 6.6 v 6.6
Tackles: 3.0 v 3.6 v 3.6

So this talk of only being able to perform in a great team is just garbage. 21.7 / 1.4 with 4 clearances and 7 x SI is Uber elite… and that was just half a season ago.

I know he can be frustrating at times, but you do not give those types of players away when they are hitting peak age. How’d Moore go playing in our dog sh*te forward half right now?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
.No one is doubting his ability. Hence why Freo will throw the kitchen sink at Peak Bolton.
His performances of late suggests he's thinking about it.

The knocks mounting on Shai are the same as the knocks on Short.

I am telling you guys, they are not the problem, its the fact they have noone to kick to.
Shai has some goalposts to kick to and he still cant hit the mark what makes you think his inside 50s would hit the best of the forwards ?

If Max King is indeed coming available, the clubs should definitely consider making a move. He has his faults, the his ceiling is as good as any & structure wise it will make a huge difference. Also, the ability to pair him up with Lynch for possibly 2 years to learn from would be vital to his fixing his issues i believe. He hasn't got that at StKilda.

If indeed the club is moving on from Rioli(s) & Baker, then getting back King (Stk) & 1st rounders or/and Moyle(Suns) would be huge, while keeping our likely top 1-2 pick. A club like St Kilda might also find a player like Short, Broad appealing to add GF experience to their list.

I can see the club being more open to letting Bolton go than Rioli or Baker.

He's worth more in a trade, and arguably more importantly he's not a leader like the other two.

Disagree with that. Shai might not be a leader, but much like Dusty - he is a match winner.

Question the leadership of both Baker & Rioli if they are entertaining other offers while we are trying to develop a young core. Terrible example to the kids IMO, & likely doing nothing for their confidence. The longer those 2 allow the the courting to go on, the less i care if they stay, especially with other pieces starting to appear available elsewhere.

The lack of leadership at the club is a huge issue. But we also need to make sure that our own lack of leadership doesn't start making us overrate those qualities in guys who really are not what we need. I thought Baker was a genuine chance to be Captain, but the situation with him heading back to Perth has gotten pretty out of hand really. He has purchased a property and talking to the WA clubs in the Bye round - thats pretty shit really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Max King is indeed coming available, the clubs should definitely consider making a move. He has his faults, the his ceiling is as good as any & structure wise it will make a huge difference. Also, the ability to pair him up with Lynch for possibly 2 years to learn from would be vital to his fixing his issues i believe. He hasn't got that at StKilda.

If indeed the club is moving on from Rioli(s) & Baker, then getting back King (Stk) & 1st rounders or/and Moyle(Suns) would be huge, while keeping our likely top 1-2 pick. A club like St Kilda might also find a player like Short, Broad appealing to add GF experience to their list.
Moyle recently re-signed on a decent deal at the Suns

Shai Bolton does something else not that many of our best players do … he plays every week. Has missed about 5 games in the last 5-years.

If he requests a trade then great, we get the best deal we can. But I guarantee the club will not be shopping Bolton around or looking to trade him out under any circumstances if he’s happy at the club.

I don’t believe the club will shop Rioli around either. But they’d be more inclined to keep their ear to the ground. He’s not a goal kicker. He’s not a midfield/clearance player. He’s nearly 2-years older than Bolton.

Really good players are very very hard to find. Who’s the last elite player who was in the prime of their career that a club proactively traded out against their will for draft picks? Just not sure it ever happens.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

King to play with his twin on the Gold coast
Suns Give Richmond there first two picks
Saints lose max king gain bolton
Richmond lose bolton gain sun 2 picks
Suns lose 2 first picks gain max king

Moyle recently re-signed on a decent deal at the Suns

ah poo. yep your right, last week.

Ah well, give us those picks. I think King is definitely worth a sniff from us. Every player has his flaws, but when the ceiling is high. as long as they are not a real douchebag like Stack or Lawrence Angwin, they very often get there due to hardwork.

Hogan a few years ago had flaws too. And Peter Wright. 23 year olds over 2m tall with his numbers are not common at all & at Elite level.

To put it into perspective, Lynch over his first 80 games kicked 124.82. Max is at 159.115.

I am no wall street wolf, but i have heard when you have a stock that has hit elite KPI's and has dropped to its lowest value due to reasons which are not fatal (ie injury), then that tends to be a good time to buy. In saying all that, i would be stunned if the Saints allowed him to go.

Yeah abuse of Bolton just doesn’t stack up in any form. The whole flaky doesn’t look committed shtick is borderline racist stereotyping

Reflective of the role he plays. He biggest contribution to us is his ability to create play from nothing, every now and again that is going to result in horrible turnovers and hair pulling moments but you take the good with the bad. Our issue at present is the opportunities are less often so he is trying too hard at times to make things happen but that is reflective of the team as much as it is him.

Shai has some goalposts to kick to and he still cant hit the mark what makes you think his inside 50s would hit the best of the forwards ?
That is not a new issue, yet when were winning, noone complained. He isnt the problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back