List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd be very naive to think that Dimma and Rioli aren't talking. Wayne Campbell is a prick of a bloke and would screw us over at any chance he gets.
I just don't think Daniel Rioli would leave Richmond, with Maurice Jr here.
I don't think he'd be looking to leave.

Proof will be in the pudding & time will tell.

If Baker was looking to go back to WA and Freo was an option, I’d be keeping a close eye on Erasmus. They may not want to let him go but their midfield depth may be a reason for him to leave. A bit of a risk but he’s a very young 3rd year tall midfielder with decent numbers in the WAFL.
He's crap. Freo have picks, we want picks.

If Baker was looking to go back to WA and Freo was an option, I’d be keeping a close eye on Erasmus. They may not want to let him go but their midfield depth may be a reason for him to leave. A bit of a risk but he’s a very young 3rd year tall midfielder with decent numbers in the WAFL.
If there does turn out to be a trade and there's a steak knives player then wee want someone in their best 22 like Michael Frederick or the one I would choose, Mathew Johnson. That kid is going to be a star.

Baker is a terrific player, awesome leader and premiership player. The Dockers would kill for him especially since Sonny Walters is finishing up this year. What a player he has been for them. They need Baker or Bolton for sure. The price HAS to be high. If you want something good, you have to give something good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's only a couple of players right now who could conceivably:

Kick goal of the year
Take mark of the year
Win the Norm Smith Medal

Let alone be

All Australian
Gary Ayres Medal
Coaches Player of the Year

Dare I say it

Brownlow medalist

The field really starts to narrow down to just a player or two....and I have missed out a lot of silver that could be included in a stellar season...

Shai Bolton is in that group

25yo

Signed with us til 2027

Wtf would we trade him out ?

Build a team around him.

He's the best player in the comp if the conditions are right.

Kick goal of the year
Take mark of the year
Win the Norm Smith Medal

Let alone be

All Australian
Gary Ayres Medal

Dare I say it

Brownlow medalist

The field really starts to narrow down to just a player or two....and I have missed out a lot of silver that could be included in a stellar season...

25yo

Signed with us til 2027

Build a team around him.

Your last line highlights the issue some have with Shai.

The truly elite don't need conditions to be right, they're at that level week after week

Kick goal of the year
Take mark of the year
Win the Norm Smith Medal

Let alone be

All Australian
Gary Ayres Medal

Dare I say it

Brownlow medalist

25yo

Signed with us til 2027

Build a team around him.

Here is the thing, you don't mind that everything is flaccid down there with Shai Bolton when we are having a tough game because of the potential that top level that lies around when we have a team that is playing well.

Braggarts and boys with weak self images love to have potential because potential is a value that never has to be proven. Sure Shai could have the potential to be a Brownlow medalist, Norm Smith Medalist and a multi Jack Dyer medalist. Potential is great for Shai because he can just pull his finger out a few games and never have to cash it in. Shai will probably never want to cash it in because there is a chance he could be found wanting. As long as he continues to give the occasional performance and provide an exciting highlight he can hide from criticism behind a wall built by supporters who will defend him as though he is a hot 18 year old chick who "just made a small mistake" by driving her car through the living room of a middle class family's house whilst texting.

Kick goal of the year
Take mark of the year
Win the Norm Smith Medal

Let alone be

All Australian
Gary Ayres Medal

Dare I say it

Brownlow medalist

25yo

Signed with us til 2027

Build a team around him.

'best player in the comp if the conditions are right'
come on...
your reaching with that statement!

Here is the thing, you don't mind that everything is flaccid down there with Shai Bolton when we are having a tough game because of the potential that top level that lies around when we have a team that is playing well.

Braggarts and boys with weak self images love to have potential because potential is a value that never has to be proven. Sure Shai could have the potential to be a Brownlow medalist, Norm Smith Medalist and a multi Jack Dyer medalist. Potential is great for Shai because he can just pull his finger out a few games and never have to cash it in. Shai will probably never want to cash it in because there is a chance he could be found wanting. As long as he continues to give the occasional performance and provide an exciting highlight he can hide from criticism behind a wall built by supporters who will defend him as though he is a hot 18 year old chick who "just made a small mistake" by driving her car through the living room of a middle class family's house whilst texting.

If Bolton isn’t played as 80/20 mid-fwd he will never reach his full potential. He’s got Isaac Heeney written all over him. Heeney also looked for close to a decade like he wasn’t reading his potential based on his elite talents .. because he was playing predominantly half forward. Look at Heeney in 2024 once he was given the keys to the Sydney midfield permanently … best player in the comp. His skills haven’t changed … just his playing position has.

Bolton will be no different …. Yze is making a big mistake by not developing him into a full time midfielder. Make him develop his tank. He will dominate like Heeney does, I guarantee it. Don’t wait until he’s 28yo or until he’s at another club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back