List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I suggested a couple of weeks ago that with near our best side on the park our performances would give justification to what we need to do this off season ,,, as I feared , our best still can’t get near 10g of a side and we can’t break 8g
This calls for more drastic action
One of rioli or Bolton must go to secure those additional prized pics

I’d be very surprised if much of that came to fruition u just can’t overate your list losing by 10g ea week struggling to kick 8 , with near best side in , my spider senses say
Dusty likely playing elsewhere
Baker off to WA
Lynch traded
One of rioli or Bolton out
JG lost to FA
Plus several retirements
I see a couple of <23s traded in to
I'll have a go at a predictor..
Dusty - retirement
Baker - traded
Bolton - traded
rioli - stays richmond
Lynch '- stays richmond
Graham - probably stays/ unfortunately!
prestia - stays -1 year contract
grimes - retirement
short - traded
McIntosh -stays richmond

I thought Yze spoke well, but I loved Sam Mitchell and how he spoke on how he and his team built their list and said they had a plan, they’ve stuck to it and are strong in their beliefs. That’s what we need to do.

He also threw in the Tassie coming in situation and how that would be different for each club.

Look at where we are. If you don’t think going forward we need a total revamp, I’m not sure what you are watching. We have very little A grade talent coming through. To be a contender, this needs to change.

Bolton for the Freo three first rounders, could be Murphy Reid, Isaac Kako and Jobe Shanahan.

A dynamic midfielder who’s smooth moving, finds the ball, uses it well and can score goals.
A freak small forward who can create goals out of nothing, his energy, high impact.
A genuine tall forward who commands the ball, has presence and is improving all the time.

Seems like a great start to our rebuild.

When you consider that doesnt include pick 1 and or some points trading for another potential first rounder,

toy story cup GIF

I suggested a couple of weeks ago that with near our best side on the park our performances would give justification to what we need to do this off season ,,, as I feared , our best still can’t get near 10g of a side and we can’t break 8g
This calls for more drastic action
One of rioli or Bolton must go to secure those additional prized pics
What's our List management strategy going to be?

look at 18th on the ladder and gut the place.. trade & delist everyone possible this year.

Look at the games we won... how did we achieve that? Good gameplan. Fit team.

One problem we have is length of the injury list. We can't even bank on the ACLs to be available for half of next season

Grey in the club 2 minutes ~Nekminit 8 week hammy.

The time is takes for players to find form after long injury. If at all Like Lynch & Dusty.

Does the club just hope and pray for better injury luck? Its all shifting deckchairs on the Titanic if we can't keep our players on the park for a 3rd year. FMD first change has to be Meehan. Then an Asst coach or 2.

3, 4 retirements. 3, 4 delisted, and RFC always does a trade or 2. For the next 2 seasons is 20 players turned over anyhow.

What's our List management strategy going to be?

look at 18th on the ladder and gut the place.. trade & delist everyone possible this year.

Look at the games we won... how did we achieve that? Good gameplan. Fit team.

One problem we have is length of the injury list. We can't even bank on the ACLs to be available for half of next season

Grey in the club 2 minutes ~Nekminit 8 week hammy.

The time is takes for players to find form after long injury. If at all Like Lynch & Dusty.

Does the club just hope and pray for better injury luck? Its all shifting deckchairs on the Titanic if we can't keep our players on the park for a 3rd year. FMD first change has to be Meehan. Then an Asst coach or 2.

3, 4 retirements. 3, 4 delisted, and RFC always does a trade or 2. For the next 2 seasons is 20 players turned over anyhow.
last thing we can do is pray for better luck with injuries
deal with it by attacking the problem (fire meehan) spend some money and get the best we can obtain
and invest in youth as much as we can

What they say is 100% correct but whats in it for richmond ?
Picks #10 , #13 , #16 - That really isnt getting you and superstar players but more role players and if he was a free agent we get #2 which you couldnt get with the 3 picks freo have.

If we trade him in 2 years time to the eagles we still get a top 10 pick easily and we have him for another 2 years to keep Richmond competitive

Rioli , Short , Lynch are the players we should be looking to cash in and let Graham ,Broad & McIntosh explore options
The draft is a gamble but if you can get 2 players to play at least 100 good games of football at a minimum then that is a good deal.

The thing with Bolton is that yes he is a fantastic player but ONLY when conditions are right. I don't think conditions are going to be right for about 3 - 5 years.

We need to make space to be honest, we can draft all the young talent that we want but if we don't play them then they are just going to get to their third or fourth year and be shithouse.

We should look to get at least 2 or 3 players from the 2021 draft to ~50 games next year.

Have to be careful not to get ‘rid’ of everyone all at once, otherwise we end up in a hole like Norf and we won’t be getting priority picks to dig us out of it because of our recent success.

I’m all for going really hard in the next couple of drafts but we have to find the balance, whatever that is.

I like that he said that about Dion and lynch. Both are class and can lead the youngsters the right way.

Who said this?

Lynch, the star KPF in a 2 KPF fwd line, is not replaceable. Can't stay on the park but we have no choice. 4 games a year.

31 & 8mths . Prestia can't stay on the park either. Has been replaced already IMO. Madness to extend him . Makes us too old

Already got Hopper & Tarranto. And whoever stays out of Baker, Graham, Bolton.......give Bolton his minutes

We have Grimes, Prestia, Naismith retire this year and Lynch, Dusty, Broad, Pickett, Kmac, next season leaves us with enough leadership.

Last edited:
Lynch, the star KPF in a 2 KPF fwd line, is not replaceable. Can't stay on the park but we have no choice. 4 games a year.

32 y.o. Prestia can't stay on the park either. Has been replaced IMO. Madness to extend him .

Already got Hopper & Tarranto. And whoever stays out of Baker, Graham.
Prestia is worth extending if he will stay for the minimum contract. He is basically an on field coach when he is out there.
Jack did the same in his last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draft is a gamble but if you can get 2 players to play at least 100 good games of football at a minimum then that is a good deal.

The thing with Bolton is that yes he is a fantastic player but ONLY when conditions are right. I don't think conditions are going to be right for about 3 - 5 years.

We need to make space to be honest, we can draft all the young talent that we want but if we don't play them then they are just going to get to their third or fourth year and be shithouse.

We should look to get at least 2 or 3 players from the 2021 draft to ~50 games next year.

Conditions must have been "right" in his back to back games v Swans and Saints earlier this season where he starred.

The greatest player of all time couldn't have shown anywhere near his best playing in our midfield and/or forward line in many of our matches this year. Bolton has been playing with different players all the time in both areas, and most of them losing their positions.

The thing is this is never likely to happen again at Richmond(you would hope.) And it could equally happen at any other club at any time. There is no question of Bolton needing anything to be right more than any other player if you are talking in the context of big games, which is more or less all that counts ultimately.

What you might more correctly have said imo is there is some real doubt as to whether we can extract full value from Bolton over the remainder of his career, where a team more likely in contention probably can. However, give us a decent run with injuries and continuity, absolutely anything can happen over coming years, and if it does we are not exactly going to regret having Shai Bolton on our list.

Unfortunately, yes. It sounds like the club is overrating the list something awful.
So you’re going to believe the views and predictions of random posters and the media? More fool you. I think I’ll trust the List Manager that put together a 3 time premiership winning list

Prestia is worth extending if he will stay for the minimum contract. He is basically an on field coach when he is out there.
Jack did the same in his last year
Huge NO NO NO to that idea.. if Jack R is the model.

Jack R was borderline a waste in that last year but had to play cos KPF No1 couldn't get on the park. And because we never draft KPFs.

Prestia might be a good coach. Retire and be a coach. Baker is borderline captain if he doesn't leave. Graham won't leave, nor Pickett. Chuck in Hopper and Tarranto. Ample leadership

Prestia can still play OK footy, too injury prone. Only thing he can show anyone is the way to rehab

If he thinks he's got another year in him. Trade him and good luck.

RFC list demograpics are still too old. 2 years of retirements is required.

Last edited:
Huge NO NO NO to that idea.. if Jack R is the model.

Jack R was borderline a waste in that last year but had to play cos KPF No1 couldn't get on the park. And because we never draft KPFs.

Prestia might be a good coach. Retire and be a coach. Baker is borderline captain if he doesn't leave. Graham won't leave, nor Pickett. Chuck in Hopper and Tarranto. Ample leadership

Prestia can still play OK footy, too injury prone. Only thing he can show anyone is the way to rehab

If he thinks he's got another year in him. Trade him and good luck.

RFC list demograpics are still too old. 2 years of retirements is required.

we all know know Prestia position.
if he still has the heart to play on, think that we can still squeeze (keeping in mind he will get injured) games out of him.. while our new mid recruits find there feet.
1 year extension on a reduced $ contract = if he's in, we should be in

if he still has the heart to play on, think that we can still squeeze (keeping in mind he will get injured) games out of him.. while our new mid recruits find there feet.
campaigners cooked , younger players have Taranto, Hopper and Baker if he stays
He should retire with Grimes

They won't all be late. One of Pies amd Port will probably miss finals, the other won't go far if they make it.

I reckon freos 1s rounders will end up somewhere around what they are now - 10, 13 and 16. You take that deal if Bolton wants out.
If they offered that I’d take it in a heartbeat.
Shai is an absolute gun footballer but the chance to load up with 4 first rounders in a very deep draft is hard to knock back

As a 31 y.o. the first 5 day break destroyed him. Disappeared for 2 months. Partially derailed the clubs season. Plays 3 injured in his 4th. Gotta manage him for interstate trips this year.

If that ain't alarm bells?

How much better will an injury prone footballer be turning 32?

We are 18th went into the year with the 5th oldest team. I'm going Soylent Green on Grimes, Naismith, Dion, Dusty, Pickett, KMac, Lynch next 2 seasons.

Sadly the old farts Tarrant, Edwards , Cotch, Jack R hit the wall badly. Borderline one year too long. Lynch looked cooked this year. See if Dusty regains some form

Last edited:
Bit of a small trade update from Tiger71 on the Tigercast tonight.
  • Maintains Dusty will either stay or retire and believes Ox was outright lying or just regurgitating what other journalists have said.
  • Still believes Baker will stay even though the popular belief is that he will leave. He even double checked with his sauce and they are still firm that he will stay unless something changes. The reason he hasn't signed yet is because we typically do a lot of our big business toward the end of the year.
  • The need for key forward depth is evident and we are looking into it.
  • (Personally hate this one) Graham might stay, was previously sure he was going but thinks Yze is trying to convince him to stay.
  • Bolton and Rioli staying
  • Here's the big one... I don't want to put words in his mouth but by the way he worded it, it sounds like we have more than a base level interest in LDU.
In my opinion, I'm excited by the LDU talk because he is the type of midfielder we are lacking. Big bodied and dynamic.
LDU won't leave the roos

I guess with Prestia the question is does he offer more value to the team then whatever late pick would be freed up should he retire

I’d say they’re measuring up what players might be available at our sixth pick and figure another year of Prestia is a better option
not to mention we will probably be cutting quite deep anyway.

As a 31 y.o. the first 5 day break destroyed him. Disappeared for 2 months. Partially derailed the clubs season. Plays 3 injured in his 4th. Gotta manage him for interstate trips this year.

If that ain't alarm bells?

How much better will an injury prone footballer be turning 32?

We are 18th went into the year with the 5th oldest team. I'm going Soylent Green on Grimes, Naismith, Dion, Dusty, Pickett, KMac, Lynch next 2 seasons.
Your on ridiculous mission to get rid of Prestia imo.

If Yze needs him and Lynch, then they stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back