List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

First time reading tweets for articles by the afl media?
In fairness we haven't been draft relevant since before twitter was invented I reckon 😂

And I'm not interested in other afl articles 😆

Tweet doesn't remotely match the article lol
The only line that comes close

Fremantle did reach out to Bolton, as the Dockers also tried to poach Liam Baker, to declare they would offer an exceptional draft package for the pair.

Reckon they were thinking 3 R1 this year and 2025 R1 for both Baker & Bolton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Baker, Rioli and Graham all follow Bolton's hard no.

Quick get all your hypothesis trading in now while you still can. LOL
Graham walks into the recruiting department whilst Yze is there

Graham: "I just want to say that I am fully committed to the club and I am not looking elsewhere. I love it here and I want to stay"
Richmond team: "That would be inspiring and heart warming if you had options"

Graham walks into the recruiting department whilst Yze is there

Graham: "I just want to say that I am fully committed to the club and I am not looking elsewhere. I love it here and I want to stay"
Richmond team: "That would be inspiring and heart warming if you had options"

More like:

Graham: I want to stay at Richmond as long as you want me
Richmond: that's great here's a 4 year deal
Richmond supporters: WTF

Near best side in?

There were 17 players injured in case you missed it for the weekend. Amongst those were:

• Tom Lynch
  • Dustin Martin
  • Jack Ross
  • Maurice Rioli
  • Josh Gibcus
  • Dion Prestia
  • Mykelti Lefau
  • Marlion Pickett

who are all certainly in our best team when fully fit. That is already more than twice as many injuries to best 22 players as teams suffer on average.

This is not to mention players who are around the fringes of the best 22, Clarke, Young. Or players who now look unlikely to play again, Grimes, Naismith. And sundry others.

The team we fielded v Fremantle was not within a bull's roar of our best side. Astonishing statement from you Bo.

And that is before we even consider the lack of continuity for the players who actually took the field.

Yeah … people think that because we are missing ‘only’ 6 of our best 23 it’s not that bad. Forgetting that 4-5 of the players ranked 24-28 who’d be first to replace them are also
injured…. So this year we’ve regularly been playing those ranked 35-40 best on our list.

We’ve had 2 x players play every game. As an example Sydney have had 16.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remember Tassie 2029, we need to take our licks now or be lost in the wilderness for another decade plus.

As a matter of interest, who did we trade out across 2006-2008 as GC and GWS were coming in that enabled us to assemble a dynasty list?

I'll do that in a heartbeat 10 , 13 and 16 you'll get 3 excellent players if recruitment team get it right or bundle them up for a top 5 pick.

You can speculate on let alone 1 year then 2 or free agency.

Did you know picks 11-20 average 118 x games? 47% don’t play 80-games. 1 in 5.7 players from 11-20 make an AA team.

So from 11-20 if we draft well and are being realistic we will get 1 x excellent player, 1 x good player and 1 x dud. We are less than 50% chance to get an AA quality player from all 3 picks.

If Bolton wants out, it has to include 1 x top-5 pick as our starting point. It’s up to Freo to go and get one. Then it’s a top-5 pick plus another 1st rounder inside 12.

What's our List management strategy going to be?

look at 18th on the ladder and gut the place.. trade & delist everyone possible this year.

Look at the games we won... how did we achieve that? Good gameplan. Fit team.

One problem we have is length of the injury list. We can't even bank on the ACLs to be available for half of next season

Grey in the club 2 minutes ~Nekminit 8 week hammy.

The time is takes for players to find form after long injury. If at all Like Lynch & Dusty.

Does the club just hope and pray for better injury luck? Its all shifting deckchairs on the Titanic if we can't keep our players on the park for a 3rd year. FMD first change has to be Meehan. Then an Asst coach or 2.

3, 4 retirements. 3, 4 delisted, and RFC always does a trade or 2. For the next 2 seasons is 20 players turned over anyhow.

I think we can safely write off 2025 in regards to any major ‘bounce’. Too many players with ACL’s. Plus will likely lose a couple of quality players to trade/retirement. Plus the team hasn’t even had a chance to learn the gameplan by playing regularly together.

But no reason 2025 can’t be a really good stepping stone into being a completely different proposition in 2026 with some elite early picks making an impact and all of our players hopefully back to full fitness after half a season back from ACL’s.

And it doesn’t matter if ACL victims aren’t in our best few players … it’s about having quality depth so when injuries hit we’ve got some quality coming in - this year when injuries have hit we’ve been playing a selection of our 35-40th best players every week.

Eagles fans trying to pass off their 5th string KPF's for our VC.

You've kicked 2 goals in a half

Will Ferrell Lol GIF
Hey!!!!

As a matter of interest, who did we trade out across 2006-2008 as GC and GWS were coming in that enabled us to assemble a dynasty list?

All players traded out or allowed to leave as compensable free agents 2006-2016 inclusive:

Raines, Shulz, Tambling, Collins, Morton, Angus Graham, White, Deledio, Vickery

We somehow managed to end up owning Balta, Bolton, 40% of Taranto, Grigg out of letting all those players go. Imagine if we'd hung on to Deledio and Vickery the shape we'd be in now.

Did you know picks 11-20 average 118 x games? 47% don’t play 80-games. 1 in 5.7 players from 11-20 make an AA team.

So from 11-20 if we draft well and are being realistic we will get 1 x excellent player, 1 x good player and 1 x dud. We are less than 50% chance to get an AA quality player from all 3 picks.

If Bolton wants out, it has to include 1 x top-5 pick as our starting point. It’s up to Freo to go and get one. Then it’s a top-5 pick plus another 1st rounder inside 12.

Why are you still mentioning Bolton? LOL
He has confirmed he isn't going anywhere and the club has already said they had no intention of trading him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back