List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to envisage why Essendon would consider trading Tsatas (as poor as he's been) when they not so long ago signed him up until 2026.

My only slight thought was are they in need of a bunch of draft collateral to be able to get that Kako bloke? And if so would they potentially need a bunch of late picks that we may not use?

Tsatas has Richmond written all over him.
Poorly skilled, wafer-thin and potential hlaf back flanker.
All the traits we crave ;)
And despite being poor recruiters like you are clearly inferring, we fluked 3 flags in 4 years.
Have some bloody faith and stop being so impatient. You can’t be at the upper end of the ladder forever. Swans even had drop offs but are blessed with a productive academy, which we are not. And Cats have sleepy hollow helping them attract quality out of contract players and free agents for the lifestyle mainly.
We will rebound hard, we are far better placed than Hawks were when they commenced their rebuild.
People just need to have a bit of faith and let Blair etc do their work. Interview with Livingston on the clubs website gave me confidence they all know where things are at.
I am as down as anyone regarding our current ladder position but it’s a consequence of success. Just accept it’s something we have to go through and that the right people are in charge of fixing it. They’ve proven they know what they are doing with their past record

Our list is not in position to take on opposition clubs busts. The process this off season should be quite simple, cut as much deadwood as possible and replace it with young high quality potential. Repeat the process in 2025 and look to bring in quality free agent/trade targets as well as young talent when we will have the likes of Martin Lynch Grimes Prestia off the books and cap space to fill.
He was 2022 draft and a high pick. If we get him for next to nothing in then it would be worth a gamble. The kid has only 10 games.

Issue though would be if Hopper puts together more than 10 games and if we get a good player with Pick 1 then we have a lot of midfielders who can only really play midfield.

And despite being poor recruiters like you are clearly inferring, we fluked 3 flags in 4 years.
Have some bloody faith and stop being so impatient. You can’t be at the upper end of the ladder forever. Swans even had drop offs but are blessed with a productive academy, which we are not. And Cats have sleepy hollow helping them attract quality out of contract players and free agents for the lifestyle mainly.
We will rebound hard, we are far better placed than Hawks were when they commenced their rebuild.
People just need to have a bit of faith and let Blair etc do their work. Interview with Livingston on the clubs website gave me confidence they all know where things are at.
I am as down as anyone regarding our current ladder position but it’s a consequence of success. Just accept it’s something we have to go through and that the right people are in charge of fixing it. They’ve proven they know what they are doing with their past record he was being sarcastic
Think your sarcasm radar needs a big of tweaking

1721781274669.gif

I am as down as anyone regarding our current ladder position but it’s a consequence of success. Just accept it’s something we have to go through and that the right people are in charge of fixing it. They’ve proven they know what they are doing with their past record
I agree, we are in a good spot to rebound especially considering we drafted 5 players in 2021 so we aren't at zero like the Hawks got to. I wonder if some of the trouble is that last time we were low there wasn't so much internet and news stories, whereas now you can't get away from the what's happening with dusty, bolton, baker, rioli. Maybe more poor journos looking for the scoop now, whereas in the past they had more of a code?

My main thought is who is going to carry the pick into draft night?

It's not going to be as simple as bundling up 5 picks to give to the Lions for 1 pick as I doubt we can hold 4 extra list spots for no reason and doubt the Lions would want to either given where their list is at.
We could cuts guys that we know are unlikely to get picked up by opposition clubs with the understanding that we will re-draft/re-list them later on, players like Pickett McIntosh Young & Bauer come to mind. If another club was to take them no big loss as we can use the free spots for the SSP or MSD

Deadwood like Jeremy Sharp, Blake Acres, Ginnivan, D'Ambrosio, Chol etc etc?

Just gotta pick the right ones...
The likes of Phillips & Tsatas are the types I don't think we should be aiming for as we have similar types on our list that we're already looking at cutting.

Surprised people are saying to delist Coulthard. I feel like he has more to offer.
Tyson Stengle says hi. Has shown a bit at times but his best and worst are galaxies apart, if delisted you can almost bet he'll be picked up by another club as a hail Mary type pick and turn into a consistent performer. Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes.

Our picks are starting to look juicy, and we haven’t even counted the ones we get from trades.

From the looks of it it’s only Baker though which may be and end of first round pick. Then we use all our 3rd and maybe even some 2nd rounders to upgrade the rest of the picks.

Smillie, best KPF, best mid/fwd, best CHF available would be what I’d aim for to fix up our spine which is currently horrendous.

Gibcus, Balta, Ryan, Smillie, drafted mid/fwd, drafted CHF, drafted KPF would be a mint spine.

Last edited:
Tyson Stengle says hi. Has shown a bit at times but his best and worst are galaxies apart, if delisted you can almost bet he'll be picked up by another club as a hail Mary type pick and turn into a consistent performer. Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes.
Stengle was much better @ VFL level than what Coulthard is.

At this stage I'd be doing the following -

Delist - Colina, Martin, Grimes, Naismith, McIntosh, Coulthard, Cumberland
Trade, F/A - Graham + one of Rioli and Baker
1-year deals for Prestia, Pickett, Gray, OHB, Blight, Dow, Green. Multi-year deals for the rest.
I heard there may be interest in K-Mac as a trade target from Nth Melb….

Just thinking out loud. I am still not discounting the possibility of Gibcus as a forward. Limited sample size but has all the weapons …. With our bringing in Blight and the other current talls we may have it covered? Imagine him and Balta?!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The likes of Phillips & Tsatas are the types I don't think we should be aiming for as we have similar types on our list that we're already looking at cutting.
If we cut Dow, I'd take Phillips. He's an upgrade.

Currency mostly, Suns will pay overs.

I like Dan, but he does play the easiest position on the field. If he left I'd just move Bakes back to half back. Baker obviously doesn't provide the run and carry to the level that Dan does, but he is elite for ground balls, leadership, all round tenacity and superior accountability. Kaleb Smith looks like a ready to go natural replacement too.

Is Kaleb as fast as Daniel or close? I genuinely don’t know?

Stengle was much better @ VFL level than what Coulthard is.
Yep. Couldn't be tackled, even in his first year. It was only ever fitness and professionalism (hand in hand) holding him back.

Coulthard is already fit as ****. Up against it, I'm afraid.

So u saying it’s possible?…😂
Salma Hayek Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

The moves which got us flags are 8-10 years old at this point. Its time to stop leaning on it & use something current to build your case.

If itsa consequence of success, then how do you explain Geelong? Surely you see the mistakes and errors made?

I heard there may be interest in K-Mac as a trade target from Nth Melb….

It could form part of a deal for Phillips.

Kmac + our rd 3 pick, currently 39 for Phillips. North give us back their junk picks currently 58, 67 we can tack on to deals with clubs looking for points. This may be a fair trade that suits all parties.

North gets an experienced guy who will help lift & maintain their standards.

Tigers get a fringe inside mid who might have upside.

Phillips gets a chance to get a clear run at midfield minutes and playing alongside some big mature bodies, and probably a 3 year deal.

Kamdyn gets a 2 year deal probably on decent money for him.

It could form part of a deal for Phillips.

Kmac + our rd 3 pick, currently 39 for Phillips. North give us back their junk picks currently 58, 67 we can tack on to deals with clubs looking for points. This may be a fair trade that suits all parties.

North gets an experienced guy who will help lift & maintain their standards.

Tigers get a fringe inside mid who might have upside.

Phillips gets a chance to get a clear run at midfield minutes and playing alongside some big mature bodies, and probably a 3 year deal.

Kamdyn gets a 2 year deal probably on decent money for him.
Think Kamdyn is a FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back