• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m doing it.

Bakes is out of contract. He could walk even if he never would. It gets a guy to where he wants to go who’s given us two flags.

It almost guarantees us Lalor. To be able to get FOS and Lalor is game changing. Plus we’d still have pick 9 and more to come.

For West Coast, it brings in Baker who is a leader and WA boy. It probably gets them Bo Allan who’s a power athlete midfielder who is from WA. It’s a very nice combo. Their fans won’t be happy, but it is probably fair enough.

It ends up being Pick 3 for Liam Baker and Pick 12 after bids.
Then we pick bo derek just for lols cus were rascals

Still their best two players. Brought in for relative peanuts. Would be nowhere without them. But otherwise, yeah, agree.
Along with Hawkins and ablest as father sons, I still think they are at the cliff face, dangerfield dropping and Cameron can't be far away. You can draft decent players anywhere, it's the 4 or 5 march winners that win premierships. Ours were all rd 1 picks, Dusty cotchin riewoldt rance? And then good players around them. Geelong got ableett and Hawkins as father sons and brought in Cameron and dangerfield who are nearer the end. Would like to see how they go when they drop off. Selwood is the other one who carried that midfield and he was a number 6 draft pick?

Probably get Clarry for cents on the dollar & in the space of 3 sessions turn him back into peak Hamburgler

Are draft picks overrated?

Watching Geelong last night make their 7th Prelim in 9 years have they found a different path to success that no one else dares to follow?

Jhye Clark has been their highest pick in ages (pick 8) that they got in a salary dump for J. Bowes from gold Coast.

Next best was trading J.Cameron in for picks 13,15 & 20, followed by Dangerfield for picks 9 & 28.

Last nights team had 6 rookie picks, 1 delisted free agent and an international player. The majority of their side are players from pick 18 to 41 over the past 15 years.

As much as I dislike the mongrels they sure have some kind of hidden secret. This year they will most likely acquire Bailey Smith using another 1st round pick, quite remarkable.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

the geelong local league is quiet strong, they get decent crowds to local games.. also alot of ex geelong players are involved in these teams, so when decent youngsters are coming thru they get hidden and kept on the down low from every other club. thats how they roll around here in geelong
Did someone say draft tampering?

I do like this idea, 2 years makes sense, investing in 1 draft with so many picks is high risk. If it means we can secure better picks over the 2 years then that would be ideal.

I think the idea would be to use our picks in the 20s (presumably 2-3) to trade to the top teams for future 1sts which are likely to be in the high teens.

We then have the pleasure of death riding them for 12 months 🤤

Along with Hawkins and ablest as father sons, I still think they are at the cliff face, dangerfield dropping and Cameron can't be far away. You can draft decent players anywhere, it's the 4 or 5 march winners that win premierships. Ours were all rd 1 picks, Dusty cotchin riewoldt rance? And then good players around them. Geelong got ableett and Hawkins as father sons and brought in Cameron and dangerfield who are nearer the end. Would like to see how they go when they drop off. Selwood is the other one who carried that midfield and he was a number 6 draft pick?
It pains me every time I have to say it because I can’t stand the bloke but Chris Scott is a genius. To get that current Geelong list to make the final 4 is a miracle. Apart from Jeremy Cameron and an ageing Dangerfield it’s a very ordinary looking side on paper, they just all perform their roles to a very high standard. It’s always like they have extra players on the ground all the time.

So many hypothetical 3 way trades involving our players and GC/WC/FREM

It is in our best interests for each player to be a seperate deal and for no 3 way trades. They're designed to reduce the value we get.

1. Baker for Barress Compo (pick 12)
2. Shai for picks 9 and 10 (throw them 29 if we need)
3. Rioli for 6 and 13. Throw them 21 if need be.

That's enough for this year. Don't need the whole oakleigh chargers on our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong this, Geelong that.

campaigners haven’t won what we have in triple the time. Oh but Prelim finals. Who gives a **** man. That doesn’t mean anything.

Winning is everything. Everything else is losing.

Yeah good club and like us, recent Premiership winners so to be respected, but **** me.

Draft your superstars.

I don’t think we get pick 9+10 for Bolton, I reckon it will be one of them and a future 1st

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Then they dont get Bolton - Simple

Its a take it or leave it deal and there is no way we should accept rubbish for our best player and the player that could make them a premiership team.

It should be the non negotiate able of this trade

9 + 10 or find us a top 3 pick and dont come back until you decide what it will be
He is contracted for 4 friggen years

They will pay

So many hypothetical 3 way trades involving our players and GC/WC/FREM

It is in our best interests for each player to be a seperate deal and for no 3 way trades. They're designed to reduce the value we get.

1. Baker for Barress Compo (pick 12)
2. Shai for picks 9 and 10 (throw them 29 if we need)
3. Rioli for 6 and 13. Throw them 21 if need be.

That's enough for this year. Don't need the whole oakleigh chargers on our list
WHY ????

Why throw back anything
This mob got a F1 + #34 for Schultz
Pick #2 for Weller

They are the DoDo of contracted players wanting out
if they can dish it out when their contracted players leave then they pay it when they hunt contracted players on $1.2 mil a year

Did someone say draft tampering?
i dont know, i just think its smart of them and the ex players to help the club. its a lifestyle in geelong you go surf and watch ya local footy. im sure when vlaustin retires he will be watchn the local footy here and would spot talent

WHY ????

Why throw back anything
This mob got a F1 + #34 for Schultz
Pick #2 for Weller

They are the DoDo of contracted players wanting out
if they can dish it out when their contracted players leave then they pay it when they hunt contracted players on $1.2 mil a year

Yes, Freo can give us their entire draft hand this year for Bolton and Baker, and half Boltons salary. They’d be idiots not to do it their best chance at a flag. But oh no Chad Warner… classic SCG overrated midfielder.

Geelong have a heap of natural advantages unique to them

Only club that trains and plays in their home ground , also the worst shape ground

Marginal seat so gov has dropped more than$100m on stadium

Friendly land deal programmes which is the biggest rort in the afl

They have shocking who is the only administrator in history to go from Geelong ro the afl as a plant change the rules to suit them and then go back and win a flag

They are also very stable have a competitive prick of a coach and the best recruiting programmein the business

It makes it all the sweeter though that they always lose finals to us and are our bunnies. we own them 👍

Yes, Freo can give us their entire draft hand this year for Bolton and Baker, and half Boltons salary. They’d be idiots not to do it their best chance at a flag. But oh no Chad Warner… classic SCG overrated midfielder.
Chad is no way coming this year and freo have revealed their hand already
They have chased Pickett and that shows the Chad trade is not happening
The Pickett trade will not happen this year either from the way its looking

So they only Have Sha & Martin as certain players wanting to go there and maybe Baker if he choses
They choked and finished 9th and their biggest weakness is a dynamic electric small foward and the best is Shai Bolton
They will pay through the nose if they have to to get him with the entire club under pressure to take the next step

Shai Bolton is easily a top 3 pick and we should demand similar value and they have #10 + #11
But if they want salary paid then its costing more

We are not in a position to subsidies Fremantle's flag pursuit

Geelong this, Geelong that.

campaigners haven’t won what we have in triple the time. Oh but Prelim finals. Who gives a **** man. That doesn’t mean anything.

Winning is everything. Everything else is losing.

Yeah good club and like us, recent Premiership winners so to be respected, but **** me.

Draft your superstars.
Correct. All of this just enhances our dynasty & they don't even know it. Pointing it out will get plenty of salt flowing. That bottom line, we built said dynasty by doing that!

i dont know, i just think its smart of them and the ex players to help the club. its a lifestyle in geelong you go surf and watch ya local footy. im sure when vlaustin retires he will be watchn the local footy here and would spot talent
Geelong has no surf, those useless campaigners think Torquay is part of Geelong and Torquay is shit too by the way.

Mannagh after last years VFL final should have been on every clubs radar and I’m unsure how Duncan has flown under the radar but in any event if we had looked at either of these two we would have discarded them on the basis of being undersized, too short and too old. Just shows that being able to play the game is far more important than any of these considerations and posters on big footy need to reconsider what attributes are more important

It seems they're better than other clubs at identifying a player with certain attributes for a role and then playing them consistently in that role with a system that must be easy to follow. Well drilled and I feel sick admitting that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back